IGNORED

Jamie Mcallister

Economou

Another classic Macca performance last night, classic in the fact that he walked the tightrope of getting red carded while dealing with Swansea's tricky winger yet managed to stay on the pitch and pretty much nullify the threat down that side, with help from JCR it must be said.

Just loved his challenge on Pratley, I think. Never going to win the ball but just thought sod it, I'll take him out anyway, ended up with a dead leg and a booking, but perhaps was the reason for Pratley subsequently being so ineffectual. Also the Swansea fans pantomime villain from then on.

What was impressive was the fact he subsequently played on for another 70 odd mins with said dead leg and was also suffering from a virus according to KM. Last five minutes after he went off with JCR at left back were horrible to watch, yet we clung on.

One day perhaps he'll get credit for being City's consistent left back during our prolonged spell in the 2nd tier of english football.

I think he was lucky not to get sent off.

Okay he barges over the winger NO CARD

stands in front of free kick taker GETS A YELLOW

barges over the winger in the second half NO CARD

and I thought he was going to have an early shower

Ref calls over carey and speaks to Macillster and Carey

My thoughts, the ref said If you don't take him off,I will.

Good post. Very easy to criticise, and there is no doubt age is taking it's toll as he's not as sharp as he once was. That said his experience is underestimated, especially as he is alongside two young centre halves. Don't forget that during the first two seasons here he was outstanding for us.

A good servant, who still has something to offer, but this is probably his last season...

Macca gives 110% and unfortunately has become the new whipping boy for some fans on here!

He can also cross as ball as well as anyone in our team.

playing well in recent games, but he has been shtyes for 3 years.

He can cross very well, when he's in advanced positions - but we lose the ball alot from him lumping forward and him thinking he's david beckham

playing well in recent games, but he has been shtyes for 3 years.

Rubbish - he's simply had no left wingers in front of him offering any support until very recently. Watch how often he gets the ball and has absolutely no other option to pass to aside from hitting it long. He's a decent left back who gets slated unfairly imo.

Rubbish - he's simply had no left wingers in front of him offering any support until very recently. Watch how often he gets the ball and has absolutely no other option to pass to aside from hitting it long. He's a decent left back who gets slated unfairly imo.

Ditto! - what was his excuse when he had McIndoe in front of him?

And how does "having no winger in front of him" make him lump it?

excuses

He was poor last night. Should have been sent off and it would have cost us as we are always bad with 10 men. Very lucky- once again proven to be the weak link.

Maybe he should, but I do think he was very unfortunate with his booking. I hate it when players do that to the opposition, they get a free kick and then just place the ball down and kick it into a defender who has no chance of getting out the way. Instant booking, and that's what happened last night. It was obvious retribution for his tackle moments earlier which should have been a yellow at least. Also on the subject of the refferee, I thought he was excellent last night, although when do they ever call the captain over to warn him one of his players will be dismissed if he fouls again? That sort of thing should be confined to pre season friendlies.

And how does "having no winger in front of him" make him lump it

As I said, watch how many times he gets the ball and there is no-one offering him a simple option. Short of attempting to dribble his way up the pitch he is often left with little choice but to hit it long.

As for his excuses when McIndoe was around, I don't remember that much critisism of him at the time. It's only fairly recently that he's become the popular target of the boo-boys that infect Ashton Gate.

Ditto! - what was his excuse when he had McIndoe in front of him?

And how does "having no winger in front of him" make him lump it?

excuses

It was always frustrating when Macca would needlessly lump it upfield, especially when there were other options on. However having said that when he had McIndoe in front of him he was by in large a good defender, and played his part in what was a very solid defence in our first 2 years back in the Championship.

I'm amazed you think he was shite during the playoff season! Sure he had his off games, and every once in a while he'd be especially poor, but he always bounced back and was a solid left-back for me.

He started this season in very poor fashion and had looked a liabiltiy at times, but his performances have improved in recent weeks. I wasn't there last night but it sounded as if he was lucky to stay on, but at the same time he seemed to nullify a lot of the threat down the right side, so a mixed game!

Been a weak link since promotion in all honesty, but that's not saying he's a bad player. What he lacks in ability he more than makes up in commitement.

He's a typical modern full back unfortunately, better going forward than he is at the back.

That said at the higher levels there is a shortly of quality on the left side all over the country.

Christ......Paul Koncheskey somehow plays for Liverpool!

It was always frustrating when Macca would needlessly lump it upfield, especially when there were other options on. However having said that when he had McIndoe in front of him he was by in large a good defender, and played his part in what was a very solid defence in our first 2 years back in the Championship.

I'm amazed you think he was shite during the playoff season! Sure he had his off games, and every once in a while he'd be especially poor, but he always bounced back and was a solid left-back for me.

He started this season in very poor fashion and had looked a liabiltiy at times, but his performances have improved in recent weeks. I wasn't there last night but it sounded as if he was lucky to stay on, but at the same time he seemed to nullify a lot of the threat down the right side, so a mixed game!

He had a good first half of the play-off season - but then he was poor in the 2nd half (like many others) - 3 years may have been harsh - but definately shyte for the last 2 years.

As I said, watch how many times he gets the ball and there is no-one offering him a simple option. Short of attempting to dribble his way up the pitch he is often left with little choice but to hit it long

That is absolute bs. He nearly always got another option.

As for his excuses when McIndoe was around, I don't remember that much critisism of him at the time. It's only fairly recently that he's become the popular target of the boo-boys that infect Ashton Gate.

I've been unhappy for ages with the left back position. A left back should have been no 1 priority in the summer - because we've only got one left back and that left back is very poor.

I'm not one for booing anyone, but maybe people are frustrated at him staying in the team when he's been so poor??

KM says in todays WDP that JM was ill before last nights game and nearly didnt play.

Glad he did, good championship full back, finally now that he has some help down the left (first time for 18 months :yes: ) he is able to play as a left back again.

The experience both our full backs have is really starting to show now, a mate who went last night said that both of them were excellent.

KM says in todays WDP that JM was ill before last nights game and nearly didnt play.

Glad he did, good championship full back, finally now that he has some help down the left (first time for 18 months :yes: ) he is able to play as a left back again.

The experience both our full backs have is really starting to show now, a mate who went last night said that both of them were excellent.

Your mate clearly neglected to tell you that McCallister was done on several occasions and should have been sent off. I wouldn't call that excellent.

He was poor last night. Should have been sent off and it would have cost us as we are always bad with 10 men. Very lucky- once again proven to be the weak link.

Blimey, if thats true then he is, by far, the weakest link; we have our most accomplished performance of the season and Macca is still poor.

Because he's in the top 100 Championship players for being utter shite. Get a grip. He may not always be our man of the match but his experience is invaluable - like Carey on the other side - and makes cynical challenges when needed. Like Treacy on Adomah on the weekend, everyone was fuming about it but it prevented a certain breakaway which is good defending imo.

What is it with some of our fans, we win at Swansea where no one gave us a chance but some of the players still get slagged off!!!.

I was there and describing McAllister's performance as 'poor' is actually being a little generous in my view. That said, he was ill. He's a winner and he was part of an accomplished team performance so no real complaints from me.

Your mate clearly neglected to tell you that McCallister was done on several occasions and should have been sent off. I wouldn't call that excellent.

My mate watches Bristol City not Barcelona, he accepts our players arent world greats and that Swansea have players who are capable of beating full backs.

JM must have been f'n awful because we WON and kept a clean sheet!!!

Adomah skinned Swansea's left back time after time so whats your point.

My mate watches Bristol City not Barcelona, he accepts our players arent world greats and that Swansea have players who are capable of beating full backs.

JM must have been f'n awful because we WON and kept a clean sheet!!!

Adomah skinned Swansea's left back time after time so whats your point.

If you didn't understand my point from what I said before then forget it.

I think he was lucky not to get sent off.

Okay he barges over the winger NO CARD

stands in front of free kick taker GETS A YELLOW

barges over the winger in the second half NO CARD

and I thought he was going to have an early shower

Ref calls over carey and speaks to Macillster and Carey

My thoughts, the ref said If you don't take him off,I will.

Yes you're right, I forgot he got booked for delaying a quick free kick, not the assault.

Following the 2nd 'barge' I thought it amusing that the ref initially called over Lee Johnson, perhaps thinking that LJ was Captain on the pitch, although in fact he's our midfield General.

Yes you're right, I forgot he got booked for delaying a quick free kick, not the assault.

Following the 2nd 'barge' I thought it amusing that the ref initially called over Lee Johnson, perhaps thinking that LJ was Captain on the pitch, although in fact he's our midfield General.

Well he seems to make the team tick so maybe he should be!

I have to agree with Cityboy. After watching him in the game against Norwich when I was in the UK, he had no outlet in front of him. Whilst I can only base my opinion on that game, if that is indicative of the situation on the field, then any back would look poor.

Archived