IGNORED

Danny Rose

JMBCFC

I fail to see what this guy brings to the team, i'm also surprised that no one else has commented on his performances..

To me he has been nothing but woeful and the goal he scored against Tottenham has shot him to stardom where it is really not deserved.

He shows glimpses of a good player but can't seem to back it up.

He sits out on that left wing strutting around and seems to spend more time pulling his shorts down than being interested in the game..

I personally thought this guy would be the answer to our left midfield problem.. but i cant see it at the moment.

Straight swap with JCR. Least he shows some passion.

DR- First one down the tunnel.. small clap to the Ateyo..

He was poor today and something wasn't right - looked disinterested. However he certainly hasn't been in other games. Does need more consistency though.

He's hampered by the buffoon behind him who can't pass for shit and keeps place kicking to touch.

Don't underestimate the importance of having a left footed left winger who stays wide, it brings a real balance to the side and opens up space for the front men.

JCR there is completely ineffective because he cuts inside every time and as soon as the fullback realises that he is toast.

I fail to see what this guy brings to the team, i'm also surprised that no one else has commented on his performances..

To me he has been nothing but woeful and the goal he scored against Tottenham has shot him to stardom where it is really not deserved.

He shows glimpses of a good player but can't seem to back it up.

He sits out on that left wing strutting around and seems to spend more time pulling his shorts down than being interested in the game..

I personally thought this guy would be the answer to our left midfield problem.. but i cant see it at the moment.

Straight swap with JCR. Least he shows some passion.

DR- First one down the tunnel.. small clap to the Ateyo..

His biggest contribution today was the clever bit of play and hard running in injury time which won a corner just before Clarkson's goal.

That having been said he didn't track back anywhere near enough in the first hour and if he is better than JCR it is pretty marginal.

JCR at Leeds would keep the ball forever but seemed shit scared of crossing on his left, so as much possession as he had he did nothing with it. Rose came on and immediately looked more dangerous immediately purely because of his possession of a left-foot. Add to that, although he's inconsistent, on his day he's a cracking player. First half at Boro he was dog awful, after the break a completely different player.

His biggest contribution today was the clever bit of play and hard running in injury time which won a corner just before Clarkson's goal.

That having been said he didn't track back anywhere near enough in the first hour and if he is better than JCR it is pretty marginal.

to me he looks like a player who thinks he should be in Premier League, has ability but also has an attitude of im better than this lot , what am i doing here ..certainly does not give 100 %.im sure if he wanted too he could cause a lot of problems for teams but is playing within himself, i for one havent seen enough from him

A complete show pony. If he isn't getting the better of the right back he just isn't interested. He may as well have come and sat in front of me and watched the game go by like he did on the pitch this afternoon.

Taxi for Rose, I think his goal against Arsenal really is going to be his pension as he isn't the player we thought he may have been

I must admit he's hugely frustrating. He has played very well at times this season but likewise he has been virtually non-existant, like today. He seems to be lacking some of the basic insticts and traits that a winger traditionally has. When he recieves the ball he very rarely runs at the full-back looking to get past him, he tends to look for passes more and play at a slower tempo, as if he is a central midfielder.

Having said that I agree with Nibor that havign a left-footer on the left balances things out and JCR's constant cut in's can become very predictable as it's very rare that he'll cross on his left. I wouldn't say Rose is disinterested though, he always seems to be giving it a good go and he seems committed to the cause. I must admit though he is not as good as I thought he would be and I am surprised he has so many U21 caps.

Definitley won't make it at spurs, against both Walker and Naughton he's looked completely ineffective, unable to go past either of them. Also he's lazy, only run he went on today was right at the end of the game, and he can't be relied on to track back. He didn't seem to want to run into space today either, and one point in the first half it was clear skuse wanted him to make a run behind the RB, but Rose always wants it to feet.

He isn't as good as he thinks he is that's for sure. I've always thought that he's really a full back and apparently Spurs signed him from Leeds as a full back and converted him. Not sure what people have against JCR. He's a good footballer and produces far more balls into the box than Rose. It really doesn't matter whether a winger runs into the corner and crosses it or cuts inside and floats a ball in. It's the end result that counts. Which one out of Rose and JCR is best at making themselves available for a pass? I know who I'd rather have on my team.

Rose is a lazy basterd, does not run, tackle, track back or generally do anything that involves any effort. JCR is a hell of a lot better dispute his failings, would have him in the team all day long ahead of that bone idle clown.

Agreed. I have to say up until now I have given DR the benefit of the doubt however I have now come to the conclusion that he actually isn't very good. He is never in this world going to make it in the prem as a winger. Albert has generally out shon him all season and is probably on a third of his wages. Taxi for Rose and start looking for a left footed Albert please.

Rose is a lazy basterd, does not run, tackle, track back or generally do anything that involves any effort. JCR is a hell of a lot better dispute his failings, would have him in the team all day long ahead of that bone idle clown.

He didn't have a good game today along with many others, but the stuff about him not traqcking back is complete bullcrap. In most games if he tracked back much more we would have two left backs. I thought he was a left back anyway, thats where he played for Spurs on his debut.

I am amazed at some of the comments on here, he had two men on him most of the time yesterday, which suggests that Leicester saw him as threat. Easily his worse game for us but I have been pretty happy with his contributions up to now, and I am saying that as someone who hates having to rely on loan players.

Do our midfielders have electric shock tags on their legs that activate as soon as they get over the half way line.

I'm afraid I had to shout dogs abuse at Danny Rose today, Jamie Mac had the ball on numerous times and was waiting for Rose to make a forward run, instead he persistently held his run so much that the Leicester players squeezed the play so any chance of a move broke down instantly. He is supposedly an outlet when we are on the ball, can anyone explain why he isn't attempting to make a run, my own theory is it's down to pure laziness. He might be thinking if we lose it here I'm going to need to run back. It's no different to what Sproule does, and Sproule must be the quickest thing on two legs, surely if they played on the shoulders of the full back a ball is easier to play over the top or down the side for them to run on to. What do they practise all day long?

I felt sorry for McAllister today, he had a decent game.

Whilst I do appreciate that he has good days and bad days like any winger the guy needs service and with the greatest of respect distribution is not McAllisters strength. Plus like a lot of wingers he does tend to go for long periods without ever seeing the ball. As someone else mentioned in an earlier post Leicester did put two men on him for the vast majority plus with the way in which our midfield was set up yesterday he was never going to get 30 / 40 yard passes sprayed over the full back for him to run on to?

Possibly when we are playing away JCR gives us better protection down our left as I do feel that he tends to track back more than Danny Rose does, but, then again in Rose's defence is he playing to instructions, especially when we have Skusy playing almost as a "sweeper" in front of the defence?

Whilst we are on the subject of wingers am I the only one thinking that dear old Ivan (who presumably will be on his bike in January) is at least worth a place on the bench? I agree that he probably is not worth a start but for the final 15 / 20 minutes his pace alone will scare most defences PLUS I feel that he would be a good outlet for David James as often yesterday, especially towards the end DJ was looking for someone to throw the ball out and there was no one???

What I cannot understand with the wingers at the club, maybe apart from albert, is that they will never make a run beyond the fullback whilst one of our players has the ball, murray was an expert at this, just make a run in behind and wait for the ball to follow once he was passed his man. All our wingers just stand on the touch line waiting for the ball to feet so they can then take on the full back, and 9 times out of ten loose the ball, can we not get super scott on the training ground to show them how its done?

He was up against a mate of his (and fellow Spurs player) Kyle Naughton.

They were both having more of a laugh, both players were quiet. They had a couple of goes at trying to get the better, but they obviously know eachothers game and are equally pacey etc. If Rose was against that shit left back they had he would of done well.

There is a bigger picture to his performance saturday. I've no doubt Naughton has been way better than he was against us/Danny Rose.

Name a better left sided winger in the league?

Danny rose this weeks useless player then....pah

Good player young and added a lot this season, had a quiet game and was understandably tired after midweek playing for England

Beet option on the left at the club by distance.

Personally would love him to be her next season

Good player young and added a lot this season, had a quiet game and was understandably tired after midweek playing for England

Good post Donnie and agree 100%.

I would imagin Rose would be avliable next year for around 1.2m. If that's the case snap him up.

Much more to come from this kid.

:shocking:

Now it's not my bag at all but, have you been to Thailand?

To be fair.. and i've been to all home matches and most away matches

Rose is a luxury, he has some great touches.. where I think.. ok here we go.. he's got it.. he's gonna shine.. but then he dis-appears..

I may be wrong but I just get the feeling that he doesnt really want to be playing for us.. I just don't see the passion and maybe i'm being naive in thinking he should have it

I really want him to do well, cos I think he has real ability.. but for me he has to play with passion otherwise whats the point..

It would do him the world of good to look at Steve Caulkers attitude and replicate

Archived