IGNORED

Danny Rose

steviestevieneville

Personally I think he contributes to the team and just his presence out wide on the left ties up a full back??? I just think that with Ribs youth fullness therefore he can support Albert a bit quicker than Macca can support Danny we tend to go down the right more than down our left therefore Danny probably sees less of the ball??? But I still think he is an asset and worth keeping in the team to give us the balance.

There was quite a few slaging danny off before today.

I always wondered y considering the boys talent, but he nevered played as a proper winger.

Our keef played him in his proper position today with a bit of freedom and he was outstanding opinions please

I think the difference yesterday was that he looked like he wanted to play.

He looked as if he was enjoying it.

I've had my doubts about him in the past, not his talent which is obvious to see, but his commitment

But yesterday he was magic, put in a great shift and defo showed like he wanted to be here.

didn't think he did to bad but at times he goes missing and is a bit lightweight,also he doesn't release the ball quick enough and is a bit too greedy for my liking at times, but giving him the benefit of the doubt maybe its due to his young age a perhaps a little lack of experience.

There was quite a few slaging danny off before today.

I always wondered y considering the boys talent, but he nevered played as a proper winger.

Our keef played him in his proper position today with a bit of freedom and he was outstanding opinions please

Yes he is fast and can get past players, but he often makes the wrong choice when he has the ball, and 50% of the time there is no end product. Also very inconsistant still. I would say almosrt as annoying as Walcott was last year for Arsenal (and this is why Walcott didnt get in the England squad)

Hes inconsistant but who isnt. He makes just as many mistakes and wrong desicions as Adomah but gets alot more stick. We finally have a left footed left winger and a right footed right winger and are playing with width. Yet people still complain. A new quick left back to match Ribs and our flanks will probably be the most feard in the league.

Hes inconsistant but who isnt. He makes just as many mistakes and wrong desicions as Adomah but gets alot more stick. We finally have a left footed left winger and a right footed right winger and are playing with width. Yet people still complain. A new quick left back to match Ribs and our flanks will probably be the most feard in the league.

'A new quick left back to match Ribs' - I suggest Danny Rose.

He's done okay as a left winger. He certainly keeps shape and has made the left side more solid - that shows he has a strong defensive mentality. if we are to evolve into a top 6 side (which we can do), we have to be bold. Stick Rose there and buy in a player who plays off the left. One of the modern trends in football is for clever players playing off the wrong wing, with athletic full backs moving into the space they leave. Let's buy a championship version of Arshavin or Ashley Young. JCR is decent enough, but we need a better version. Rose seems to have very good defensive awareness and is committed, quick and energetic - all characteristics of the modern left back. He has an excellent cross, strikes a ball well and can spot a pass.

Next game ask yourself whether he looks comfortable with time and space to look up and pick a ball (as left backs do numerous times each game)? (He does) Is he good receiving the ball in tight areas, needing a bit of trickery or cleverness to get the ball under control and either take on his man or keep possession? (I think he doesn't). With a class act in front of him who is secure in possession , Rose would have time and space to overlap.

To achieve your ambitions, you have to be ambitious.....

I think the sooner he realises that he's a championship player the sooner he will progress! He's not Premier League by a mile ( currently) but a few seasons in the championship could work wonders but he needs a move away from spurs first, I'd be happy to have him but it all depends on his mentality ! He's very up and down performance wise and I think that he believes he's better than city !

Archived