IGNORED

Danny Rose

Who Shot JR?

Danny Rose is a great player. One of the reasons we have not conceded in three games. His work rate and tracking back is great. Had a bad game going forward yesturday but feel the team is strong with him in it.

I must've been watching a different game then. First half in particular McAllister was left so exposed with two attacking him and Rose nowhere to be seen. I agree with the OP.... yet to be convinced by Rose at all. He doesn't seem to want to beat players and IMO offers very little. Unfortunately there are few options, as regardless how tricky JCR can be with the ball at his feet there isn't really any end product with him either.

Beauty of football I guess....we all see things slightly differently.

I must've been watching a different game then. First half in particular McAllister was left so exposed with two attacking him and Rose nowhere to be seen. I agree with the OP.... yet to be convinced by Rose at all. He doesn't seem to want to beat players and IMO offers very little. Unfortunately there are few options, as regardless how tricky JCR can be with the ball at his feet there isn't really any end product with him either.

Beauty of football I guess....we all see things slightly differently.

Glad someone else noticed that as well! On the radio yesterday, a caller (Ian?) was saying what a wonderful game DR had had. Couldn't understand it myself. I'm NOT saying DR is a bad player, I'm saying he's not all that. At the moment...

Think you must have watched a different game then, as I thought Danny Rose's work rate and attitude was superb yesterday. Would agree with other poster that going forward some of his distribution was not what it should be. But overall a very positive display.

Would think he would make a good permanent signing.

thought he did ok yesterday, put some good tackles in but when he went forward if he didnt beat his man 1st time he would losehe would then give the ball a bit cheap, when he gets in good posistions he can put some great balls in, as most wingers they tend to blow hot and cold but i would say he is doing enough to be in the side but does need to add a bit of consistency to his game but surely that will come with time

Don't think he beat their right back once yesterday, everytime he got the ball it looked like he didn't have a clue how he was going to get past him and it seems he has no pace either. I was expecting much more from him, but he doesn't look any better than JCR. Will never make it at Spurs, and doesn't seem worth more than £250,000-£300,000

Lost the ball several times yesterday when failing to beat a man and then just stood there feeling sorry for himself instead of then tracking back and heard a fair few groans at this.

Think hes still living off that wonder goal vs Arsenal and have seen nothing yet that would make me want to part with anywhere near the reported 1m asking price

I like Rose because he is actually a left winger and can carry the ball outside and inside, JCR rarely goes on the outside and slows play up alot - I'd much rather see him in the middle... for me he could be our creative midfielder!

There aren't many Left wing players that have pace, can beat a man and whip a ball in, Rose can do all of these, just not consistently, I believe some left footed competition would aid his development, I know he's over on appearance based wage contribution but we cant just play him so he costs less to keep.

Don't think we have the funds for Boyd, I would be delighted if we signed Boyd but would have to cash in on Haynes as they are both similar players in the positions they play even if their style is different.

On a side note, I can now see Clarkson going for more than £1/2m to Scotland in January as long as Maynard's recovery goes well.

Also don't think we'll keep Rose, he's got the qualitiies of a player worth between half and 1 million ... and treble whatever that is that because he's so young - at times he looks like a one hit wonder but the facts are he has the attributes of a great left winger when it all comes together with experience Spurs will sell him to a bottom end to middle prem team.

I like Rose because he is actually a left winger and can carry the ball outside and inside, JCR rarely goes on the outside and slows play up alot - I'd much rather see him in the middle... for me he could be our creative midfielder!

There aren't many Left wing players that have pace, can beat a man and whip a ball in, Rose can do all of these, just not consistently, I believe some left footed competition would aid his development, I know he's over on appearance based wage contribution but we cant just play him so he costs less to keep.

Also don't think we'll keep Rose, he's got the qualitiies of a player worth between half and 1 million ... and treble whatever that is that because he's so young - at times he looks like a one hit wonder but the facts are he has the attributes of a great left winger when it all comes together with experience Spurs will sell him to a bottom end to middle prem team.

I just don't see in Rose what you do, he couldn't beat their fullback once yesterday, he didn't have the trickery or the pace to beat him. Caulkers 18 and its clear he will become a top player, but you can't say the same from watching Rose. I think the fact he's from Spurs is clouding people's judgement.

I just don't see in Rose what you do, he couldn't beat their fullback once yesterday, he didn't have the trickery or the pace to beat him. Caulkers 18 and its clear he will become a top player, but you can't say the same from watching Rose. I think the fact he's from Spurs is clouding people's judgement.

Admitedly he didn't perform yesterday perticularly well, but he has beaten full backs, he has the ability but at the moment doesn't have the mental strength or experience to reproduce it in the way caulker can, comparing him to Caulker, I reckon there's a 0.5% chance we'll get Caulker premanently and a 10-15% chance we could keep Rose.

He did cruise through the middle on the counter atack yesterday and the whole crowd was crying out for him to play Albert in but he showed some top level nouse to go straight between 2 indecisive centre backs causing problems, Albert and Rose link well, in a similar way that Elliott and Johnson have this year, I'd rather play Rose than JCR on the left every week for his left sided attributes

I think we're all forgetting that Danny Rose is not actually a winger anyway! Forgive me if somebody has mentioned that on this thread but I can't see it. He said soon after he first came here that he's a centre midfielder and that's pretty much where he plays for England U21s (albeit a little towards the left). That's where he played his few games for Spurs too.

It explains why he was reluctant to take on the full back and kept coming inside, he's actually a playmaker that does his stuff from the middle. He is very skilful and can beat a player but not with pace as a winger does (like Albert or sometimes JCR). If you watch closely, pretty much everything he does is like a centre mid player would, including cutting inside and only actually beating players down the middle.

Now obviously at the moment he's not going to get in our centre mid ahead of Skuse or Marvin, but is probably just ahead of JCR on the left due to the latter getting on a bit and sometimes fading towards the end of the game. This does make JCR an ideal sub for Albert, or DR if we need an outlet on the left wing too. It also means that against the better teams, especially away from home, DR can tuck in a little and we can play much narrower, tightening things up with Albert still a great outlet on the other side.

Let's give Rose a break, he's a young kid with a lot of talent, and that's clearly why Millen thinks he's worth a start in the team albeit out of position. He instinctively does not look to beat a full back on the wing because that's not his game, but he offers a lot else besides and my opinion is that Millen's right, he should be in the side. Just my opinion!

Also, though, I'm just really pleased with how we're playing now. The team has confidence from back to front and it's great to see, especially as we can actually play much better than we did yesterday.

George Boyd must still be worth a look?

Peterborough would have sold him for £1 million at the end of last season, but they didn't buy him.

Totally agree with this, very good player and one in which would add to our current squad and as any football fan knows, you can never have too much quality in the squad, would certainly be worth a punt in january in my opinion because in Adomah we have the best right winger since Murray, now if we put someone like Boyd on the left our balance would give us the most attacking look that we've had for some time

Totally agree with this, very good player and one in which would add to our current squad and as any football fan knows, you can never have too much quality in the squad, would certainly be worth a punt in january in my opinion because in Adomah we have the best right winger since Murray, now if we put someone like Boyd on the left our balance would give us the most attacking look that we've had for some time

I'm licking my lips with anticipation! :fingerscrossed:

Good player with great potential, however possibly thinks he's better than he is.

He's only going to get that wake up call when Harry decides to sell him.

Would I sign him for city, hell yeah, will get better with games and for now he's a championship player.

Rose has been Ok. Does have some quality and decent potential. Yesterday he was abysmal at taking on the full back but showed some decent long range passing and skill at times.

As for being a CM, pretty sure he played his first few games for us there and was ineffective. Cant see him getting a look in at Spurs if I'm being honest and I wouldn't be disappointed to see us sign him permanently.

Caulker on the other hand will go to the very top no doubt.

Archived