IGNORED

Qpr Trouble

sglosbcfc

Was driving along the main road away from the ground about 5.45pm and saw 8 riot vans and tens of riot police with about 30 ish City (i think, although it may have been QPR) fans stood against a wall. Does anyone know what happened?

Would be interested to know what "trouble" there was today... wasn't really expecting much, if any, our only real gripe with qpr is Warnock.

Chinese whispers.

about 20 City attacked British Queen pub, pub smashed up and a few minor injuries.

Group of QPR lads attacked a minibus, only to be chased into estate opposite tube station, police "apparantly saw what happened and let the City lads gain revenge"!

I saw nothing apart from a large City mob, do a lot of walking!

The QPR view of what happened in the British Queen pub.

http://www.wearether...ead.php?t=85571

Apparently QPR fans attacked the pub after 15-20 City fans stopped off there for a drink. The QPR fans smashed it up from the outside rather than the damage being done by the City fans.

According to the QPR fan on the thread who was actually in there talking to the City fans when the pub was attacked they were teenagers naively in the wrong place at the wrong time rather than hooligans actively looking for trouble.

info on other sites suggests, 2 coaches and 2 minibuses of city arrived in west london early doors, group of 25-30 stayed in pubs during game and were in the British Queen an hour after match, trouble began and QPR fans attacked the side of the pub city were in with scaffold planks etc from a nearby house, some city outside took a slap, but QPR miffed that our lot were actually in their pub which is the equivalant to our BS3 or the 3LIONS. apparently lots of ours were arrested. various stories banding around, this version is off the millwall LLG site which has a number of both city and qpr lads amongst its users

City always turn out mob handed for certain games, every club has a firm all over the country some better than others part of football unfortunetly and with the way things are in this country at the moment cuts ETC, its going to come back big time.

Seconded on both points. Shame. Although not alot will happen in grounds these days with cctv and the price of tickets thankfully.

Also on another note, a post further up says he took a whack whist in colours. Do QPR not know the rules!

They mentioned on 5Live at least once something about trouble.

As for us we do have something- I came across an old WSC the other day from the late 1990s and in amongst its reports from hooliganism from 1998/99, it definitely made reference to something called 'The City Service Firm!' Said there was trouble at QPR involving them in 1998/99 and indeed vs Wolves the same season though can't remember if that home or away...

From another QPR message board.

Myself and 7 other QPR fans where standing right NEXT to those BC supporters( by the way two of my group where females) and I can assure you that NON of those lads had any intentions of steaming anything!

They where having a quick drink before they coach came to pick them up, I know this because the lads where standing right next to us, when it all kicked off the pub doors where shut and believe me they could have turned on us if they where that way inclined but at no point where we in danger from them, infact our only danger was from the flying glass and bits of wood coming from the Rangers, it's our pub for pete's sake!

PS: One of the OLD boys who drinks in the BQ nearly had a heart attack, oh I forgot to mention that several old guys got caught up in the madness.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Strangely enough the QPR mob werent interested in dealing with the 100+ mob of City that turned up before the game outside their pub (springbok), what a sad, sad bunch!

info on other sites suggests, 2 coaches and 2 minibuses of city arrived in west london early doors, group of 25-30 stayed in pubs during game and were in the British Queen an hour after match, trouble began and QPR fans attacked the side of the pub city were in with scaffold planks etc from a nearby house, some city outside took a slap, but QPR miffed that our lot were actually in their pub which is the equivalant to our BS3 or the 3LIONS. apparently lots of ours were arrested. various stories banding around, this version is off the millwall LLG site which has a number of both city and qpr lads amongst its users

Exactly what I have been told by someone who was there. Interesting QPR decided to take a pop at one off here in a shirt despite the fact all city came out the ground singing and taking the piss right outside, cowards

This sort of thing does the club no favours, as fans in general get labelled as trouble makers.

I must admit that this sort of incident puts me off from going to many away games. I just can't be bothered to risk getting caught up in it.

At my age (same as "Colin" you know) it all seems so silly.

Seen it all over the years, fighting on the terraces spilling onto the pitch, battles outside and across Ashton Park, seats being ripped up and thrown, concrete being broken up and thrown, various hailstorms of assorted coins and the occasional darts, pubs being smashed up and really large-scale crowd trouble and, when I were a lad, I admit it did sometimes give me buzz to be right in the middle of things. Which, it has to be said, mostly invovled either chasing or being chased by other fans!

But times move on, and I would have hoped that in these more enlightened days with better ground safety and certainly hardly any trouble inside grounds, people would have more sense.

There are no winners in these skirmishes, and that is all they are thankfully, compared to what went on years ago, but nevertheless innocent fans get caught up in it, and are sometimes injured, and

young fans, who are the future paying public, are terrified.

Just because of the team they follow.

Absolute bloody madness!!

This sort of thing does the club no favours, as fans in general get labelled as trouble makers.

I must admit that this sort of incident puts me off from going to many away games. I just can't be bothered to risk getting caught up in it.

At my age (same as "Colin" you know) it all seems so silly.

Seen it all over the years, fighting on the terraces spilling onto the pitch, battles outside and across Ashton Park, seats being ripped up and thrown, concrete being broken up and thrown, various hailstorms of assorted coins and the occasional darts, pubs being smashed up and really large-scale crowd trouble and, when I were a lad, I admit it did sometimes give me buzz to be right in the middle of things. Which, it has to be said, mostly invovled either chasing or being chased by other fans!

But times move on, and I would have hoped that in these more enlightened days with better ground safety and certainly hardly any trouble inside grounds, people would have more sense.

There are no winners in these skirmishes, and that is all they are thankfully, compared to what went on years ago, but nevertheless innocent fans get caught up in it, and are sometimes injured, and

young fans, who are the future paying public, are terrified.

Just because of the team they follow.

Absolute bloody madness!!

Not that I in anyway agree with football violence, but your being a bit hipocritical dont you think?

You used to like getting involved, but now you think others shouldn't just because you can't/don't want to anymore?

Again, I am firmly against any violence, especially from our club :)

Not that I in anyway agree with football violence, but your being a bit hipocritical dont you think?

You used to like getting involved, but now you think others shouldn't just because you can't/don't want to anymore?

Again, I am firmly against any violence, especially from our club :)

No, not at all. I was trying to point out that many years ago it was almost the norm. Thankfully these days it's not.

OK there may have been a certain excitement when it was happening but that doesn't make it right.

Plus I guess we didn't know any better back then.

These days I don't think that is the case, as football trouble has attracted a lot of attention and effort to stamp it out.

No, not at all. I was trying to point out that many years ago it was almost the norm. Thankfully these days it's not.

OK there may have been a certain excitement when it was happening but that doesn't make it right.

These days I don't think that is the case, as football trouble has attracted a lot of attention and effort to stamp it out.

Okay fair enough mate :)

Leeds seems to think that their trip to us will be the most likely to full of trouble:

Next Phase Away Games

Which one do we think will be the most lively !

Leicester 2.80 % (32)

Cardiff 26.64 % (304)

Portsmouth 11.39 % (130)

Hull 19.19 % (219)

Bristol City 34.88 % (398)

Swansea City 5.08 % (58)

Thats not good reading!

you're either a hypocrite or you've announced that you have only in recent years grown a brain and the ability to think for yourself.

times change and things move on, the football violence has pretty much disappeared from grounds but it still goes on.

Leeds seems to think that their trip to us will be the most likely to full of trouble:

Next Phase Away Games

Leicester 2.80 % (32)

Cardiff 26.64 % (304)

Portsmouth 11.39 % (130)

Hull 19.19 % (219)

Swansea City 5.08 % (58)

Thats not good reading!

Wasn't there trouble in the centre with Leeds & City fans after they played the sags last year, not 100% sure though, will be lively not doubt.

Next Phase Away Games

Leicester 2.80 % (32)

Cardiff 26.64 % (304)

Portsmouth 11.39 % (130)

Hull 19.19 % (219)

Swansea City 5.08 % (58)

Thats not good reading!

Given the even in your beloved Cardiff that weekend, it's hardly suprising.

Town is going to be mental that Saturday night.

The QPR view of what happened in the British Queen pub.

http://www.wearether...ead.php?t=85571

gave this a quick read, couldnt be bothered to go thru 6 pages to find out what happened

is the jist of it this

b4 game city drinking in main pub

after game city fans in pub waiting to go home

qpr turn up tooled up with weapons to take on a small number of city and smash up their own pub????

Archived