IGNORED

Qpr Trouble

sglosbcfc

gave this a quick read, couldnt be bothered to go thru 6 pages to find out what happened

is the jist of it this

b4 game city drinking in main pub

after game city fans in pub waiting to go home

qpr turn up tooled up with weapons to take on a small number of city and smash up their own pub????

Myself and 7 other QPR fans where standing right NEXT to those BC supporters( by the way two of my group where females) and I can assure you that NON of those lads had any intentions of steaming anything!

They where having a quick drink before they coach came to pick them up, I know this because the lads where standing right next to us, when it all kicked off the pub doors where shut and believe me they could have turned on us if they where that way inclined but at no point where we in danger from them, infact our only danger was from the flying glass and bits of wood coming from the Rangers, it's our pub for pete's sake!

PS: One of the OLD boys who drinks in the BQ nearly had a heart attack, oh I forgot to mention that several old guys got caught up in the madness.

They mentioned on 5Live at least once something about trouble.

As for us we do have something- I came across an old WSC the other day from the late 1990s and in amongst its reports from hooliganism from 1998/99, it definitely made reference to something called 'The City Service Firm!' Said there was trouble at QPR involving them in 1998/99 and indeed vs Wolves the same season though can't remember if that home or away...

I think this is what you're referring to:-

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/5384/29/

Outside the Premier League the problem is, if any­thing, worse. At Bristol City there have been several outbreaks of trouble involving the self-styled City Society Firm, notably at QPR at the start of the season, a particularly vicious encounter with Wolves at Ashton Gate and a near-riot at West Brom. The second half of this match in February was held up for 15 minutes after 150 visiting fans clashed with supporters in the home end. The trouble was exacerbated, City fans have claimed, by the exact measures that are supposed to make matches more welcoming and secure, namely the lack of police in the ground. Despite the evidence of CCTV cameras, only one arrest was made.

I remember the WBA game, I think one guy had drunk 7 pints of Blackthorn (as stated in his court case!), got a little bit excited and climbed over the netting, the rest was exaggerated!

Myself and 7 other QPR fans where standing right NEXT to those BC supporters( by the way two of my group where females) and I can assure you that NON of those lads had any intentions of steaming anything!

They where having a quick drink before they coach came to pick them up, I know this because the lads where standing right next to us, when it all kicked off the pub doors where shut and believe me they could have turned on us if they where that way inclined but at no point where we in danger from them, infact our only danger was from the flying glass and bits of wood coming from the Rangers, it's our pub for pete's sake!

PS: One of the OLD boys who drinks in the BQ nearly had a heart attack, oh I forgot to mention that several old guys got caught up in the madness.

I did laugh on the QPR site... "BC ? FIRM?" and

"yeah they've got one ,but Rovers have the Rep."

Just how old ARE these keyboard warriors, anyhow?

what happened to the rule come in for a pint before the game. p@ss of home after? i dont support violence, but have no sympthy to the anyone going into a rivals pub after a heated affair on the pitch.

I beleive its called stupidity. **** knows how anyone cant go to a game, hurl abuse for 90 mins at each other, then **** off home without trying to be hard bastards.

I think this is what you're referring to:-

http://www.wsc.co.uk...t/view/5384/29/

Outside the Premier League the problem is, if any­thing, worse. At Bristol City there have been several outbreaks of trouble involving the self-styled City Society Firm, notably at QPR at the start of the season, a particularly vicious encounter with Wolves at Ashton Gate and a near-riot at West Brom. The second half of this match in February was held up for 15 minutes after 150 visiting fans clashed with supporters in the home end. The trouble was exacerbated, City fans have claimed, by the exact measures that are supposed to make matches more welcoming and secure, namely the lack of police in the ground. Despite the evidence of CCTV cameras, only one arrest was made.

I remember the WBA game, I think one guy had drunk 7 pints of Blackthorn (as stated in his court case!), got a little bit excited and climbed over the netting, the rest was exaggerated!

That is what I was thinking of, yep. From a personal note then oddly enough, if it was the home game with Wolves- well it was my first game and I don't remember trouble. Having said that though I was only 9!

city service firm is the current firm along with the bristol city youth( most clubs have a youth firm nowadays) inter city robins, BCYO( bristol city young offenders) are names of firms from our past. our firm is respected in the world of FV.although other teams scoff at the name bristol city not many firms have come across ours and always had their own way. some millwall rate coming to us as their most anticipated game of the season and our lot can be full of surprises away from home to. if you think we have never had a firm then get real, i got no beef with them if thats what floats your boat, so be it.

I walked a mile back to the car arm in arm with QPR fan and 2 other City and 4 Qpr fans and we didnt resort to scrapping at all ( she was my wife):rofl2br: One of the Stweards suggested a BC fan was grabbed from the crowd and ejected after racist remarks aimed at a QPR player but I didnt hear anything.

As I said before we bumped into 1/2 a dozen Swindon fans at Membury and shared a laugh and a coffee.

There are a nucleus of trouble makers sadly in every club and many still have active Hooligan elements or "Firms" which are just Brain dead neanderthals whose bollocks havent dropped and are suffering from testosterone overload.

My mate Steve and I were jostled when we went to Preston a couple of seasons back by some Pissheads who made the fatal error of trying to steel my Pukka chicken and Mushroom...

Steve laid one out and I wrestled another to the ground and I sat on him until the police arrived moments later, He kept complaining that he couldnt breathe. When they frisked him he had 7 Wallets on him. It was a very upsetting episode and I was devistated...

Pukka Pies aint cheap...

Children and Alcohol Im afraid a lethal combination...

city service firm is the current firm along with the bristol city youth( most clubs have a youth firm nowadays) inter city robins, BCYO( bristol city young offenders) are names of firms from our past. our firm is respected in the world of FV.although other teams scoff at the name bristol city not many firms have come across ours and always had their own way. some millwall rate coming to us as their most anticipated game of the season and our lot can be full of surprises away from home to. if you think we have never had a firm then get real, i got no beef with them if thats what floats your boat, so be it.

BC got a Firm thats a laugh....respected in the world of Football Violence even bigger one...

Some people are living in the cloud cuckoo land of the 70,s im afraid and need to grow up a bit.

British Soldiers struggling Afghanistan they are the proper Hard men.

Get these "Firm" members isolated and they are nothing but the lowest form of Coward.

BC got a Firm thats a laugh....respected in the world of Football Violence even bigger one...

Some people are living in the cloud cuckoo land of the 70,s im afraid and need to grow up a bit.

Get these "Firm" members isolated and they are nothing but the lowest form of Coward.

Agreed. It's pathetic.

Thankfully people who still subscribe to the idea of "firms" etc, have a great deal of comedy value for the rest of us.(well me anyway)

The fact we are known for our "firms" makes me disappointed in these hooligans. I believe we should start a campaign, something like "A City Against Hooligans" to sohw we do not condone the behaviour of the Neanderthals.

My brother got attacked by a Florist fan a few years ago. My brother fought back enough to get the Florist to run away. Then another one came. I hate Florist for this but when I see someone coming down the street with a Florist shirt, I don't feel the need to rip them apart. A bit of banter maybe. Same with the Gas. Local rivals or not, we should only ever use violence in an act of self defence.

The fact we are known for our "firms" makes me disappointed in these hooligans. I believe we should start a campaign, something like "A City Against Hooligans" to sohw we do not condone the behaviour of the Neanderthals.

My brother got attacked by a Florist fan a few years ago. My brother fought back enough to get the Florist to run away. Then another one came. I hate Florist for this but when I see someone coming down the street with a Florist shirt, I don't feel the need to rip them apart. A bit of banter maybe. Same with the Gas. Local rivals or not, we should only ever use violence in an act of self defence.

:rofl2br: Get a grip

behave fat man.

British soldiers in Afghanistan are not fighting or dying in my name. I have every sympathy for the dead and wounded but that goes for those on both sides - and especially civilians caught in the cross-fire. The war in Afghanistan has as much justification as the actions of the CSF. At least 'collateral damage' from hooligans slugging it out with each other doesn't run into tens of thousands of dead civilians.

seems the info about our own hooligans has touched a nerve with a few, i personally am not involved in football violence although over the years following city have been caught up in it on numerous occasions and although i have never punched anyone in anger, i can see where they get their kicks from. if it did not happen at football it would happen at another sport, its societys problem not a football one,these days it is well away from the grounds and as said before on this post some people just enjoy a goog tear up no matter what walk of life they are from. in my opinion if it does not affect you then dont let it bother you, it is never going to stop it is just not publicised as much as it used to be.

Perhaps your brother was looking for a certain Wine Bar :tumbleweed:

Archived