IGNORED

Leicester Vs Real Madrid

Forza Revolution

Do we have the ability as a club or options of ever organsing such a game.

Its not about ability, its about money. I don't know what Leicester are paying Real Madrid, but I imagine around £3-5m.

I would rather KM has that to spend on players, but Leicester are trying to raise their terrible profile, a game v Real will do that.

As we have already been told that there will be a maximum of one home pre season friendly due to the "game" V Bon Jovi and it seems that ever since we were treated to the football 'exhibition' that was Ajax our preferred opposition (Apart from one totally obscure game home to Wycombe!!!) is against one of the Championship sides who have just made it to the promised land (Wolves and Blackpool over the last two seasons) so working on this theme I think we can probably look forward to a prestigious home encounter with the likes of QPR, (Probably because he has a holiday home in Cornwall Warnock always likes to take his teams to Devon / Cornwall for pre season so would be handy on the way home), Norwich (Surprisingly large South West fan base) or Reading (Just down the M4) - After all its not as though we have played them recently is it???

Let Leicester have the Real Madrids of this world - Let us play teams that we already know (Cynic)

I don't know ow much it's costing Leicester at all, but the media up here are expecting a sell-out of about 32500. So even at £3m-5m (made up figure), I expect their costs will be covered. What it will achieve pre-season wise is rather more dubious other than raise their profile.

Didnt Plymouth play Real Madrid pre season a few years ago?? Speaking to a mate of mine Plymouth had booked at a pre season venue that Real also wanted to use. Plymouths compensation for moving venue was a fixture against them . I know it wasnt played at Home Park but i pretty sure this was how they got to play them.... well their reserves anyway!!

Didnt Plymouth play Real Madrid pre season a few years ago?? Speaking to a mate of mine Plymouth had booked at a pre season venue that Real also wanted to use. Plymouths compensation for moving venue was a fixture against them . I know it wasnt played at Home Park but i pretty sure this was how they got to play them.... well their reserves anyway!!

Madrid had Cassano, Baptista, Woodgate, Raul Bravo, Guti and JuanFran playing, they only won 1-0 via a penalty! i had an old friend (Reuben Reid) who now plays for Oldham Athletic, playing in the game, i was slightly jealous!!!!!

I remember being stuffed by Borussia Monchengladbach after our previous promotion to the second flight. We went away raving about how good their team was, they went on to (I believe) finish bottom in the Bundesliga, while we all know what happened to us!

Preseason friendlies are just about getting fitness, give us games against teams that play decent football at a good tempo, and are not too dissimilar to what we'll face in the regular season.

<br />I don't know ow much it's costing Leicester at all, but the media up here are expecting a sell-out of about 32500.  So even at £3m-5m (made up figure), I expect their costs will be covered.  What it will achieve pre-season wise is rather more dubious other than raise their profile.<br />

Costs covered.... have you done the maths? With 32500 seats you'd have to charge nearly £100 a time to break even at £3million! Or if the tickets are cheaper you'd have to expect (or hope) fans will make up the difference buying things at the ground - additional items too as some would buy shirts etc. anyway i.e. not new revenue to cover the initial costs of staging the game.

I don't know ow much it's costing Leicester at all, but the media up here are expecting a sell-out of about 32500. So even at £3m-5m (made up figure), I expect their costs will be covered. What it will achieve pre-season wise is rather more dubious other than raise their profile.

Charging £90+ per ticket with no concessions are they?!

I'm glad you are not my accountant!

Archived