IGNORED

Our Away Support -Last Season

Away Fan Averages

Just found this on another website and thought I'd share. It's average number of away fans who followed each Championship club in 10/11.

Leeds United........................ .3465.1

Nottingham Forest.................2081.0

Norwich City.......................... 1971.0

Leicester City........................19 68.2

QPR........................... ..........1562.1

Cardiff City.......................... ..1530.8

Burnley....................... ..........1476.3

Hull.......................... ..............1404.6

Derby County........................ 1319.8

Millwall...................... ...........1216.2

Crystal Palace.......................1 204.6

Ipswich Town........................11 97.5

Portsmouth.................... .......1194.5

Middlesbrough................. .....1059.5

Sheffield United.....................103 9.7

Swansea City.........................9 60.6

Doncaster Rovers...................936.8

Barnsley...................... ..........898.4

Reading....................... ..........894.1

Watford....................... ...........880.4

Coventry City.......................... 844.5

Bristol City.......................... ...734.8

Preston North End..................624.2

S****horpe United..................515.7

Now I know we had a rubbish season but is this right ?

Can't believe 20% less than Doncaster

Averaged over 23 games I would think it is about correct

The stats are on the OS...

Only four games did we break the 1k - QPR - COVVY - LEEDS - READING

Largest being Reading with 2,200 fans

14 times.......thats 14......we took less than 500

6 of them less than 400

the lowest was Norwich - 176

Away Fan Averages

Just found this on another website and thought I'd share. It's average number of away fans who followed each Championship club in 10/11.

Leeds United........................ .3465.1

Nottingham Forest.................2081.0

Norwich City.......................... 1971.0

Leicester City........................19 68.2

QPR........................... ..........1562.1

Cardiff City.......................... ..1530.8

Burnley....................... ..........1476.3

Hull.......................... ..............1404.6

Derby County........................ 1319.8

Millwall...................... ...........1216.2

Crystal Palace.......................1 204.6

Ipswich Town........................11 97.5

Portsmouth.................... .......1194.5

Middlesbrough................. .....1059.5

Sheffield United.....................103 9.7

Swansea City.........................9 60.6

Doncaster Rovers...................936.8

Barnsley...................... ..........898.4

Reading....................... ..........894.1

Watford....................... ...........880.4

Coventry City.......................... 844.5

Bristol City.......................... ...734.8

Preston North End..................624.2

S****horpe United..................515.7

Now I know we had a rubbish season but is this right ?

Can't believe 20% less than Doncaster

Cant be... it must be a mistake.......I went to a couple or three away games and no way was there anywhere near 733 .8 other city fans there....:rofl2br:

And how many away games did you go to then superfan, considering how often you were on the forum during and directly after matches I would hazard a guess at none.

Oh look, Mr Mouthys come out to play, i was wondering where you got to... i guess you've never heard of mobile phones? amazingly you can use the internet walst not being at home... brilliant right?

support across the football league dropped by 6%, the fact that we had more away games midweek then in previous seasons and we are in the middle of the biggest recession since the 80's has to also be taken into account,

Take the 176 that want to Norwich A, it was a monday night b its one of our furthest away games c it was on sky,

Only if you think we're a big club. Personally I've never thought we are a big club, bigger than the gas of course, but that's not saying very much!

True. Above League One level, I see no measure by which we can be classed as abig club. None.

Let's see:

JPT/LDV etc apart, no major trophy- by which I mean League Cup upwards.

Only 4 years post war in the top flight- indeed no more than 15 in our entire history I think.

Gates in the 14k-15k bracket even at this level, and now the whole surprisingly low away fans thing.

perhaps it might be an ideal to see how the north south divide in the championship works out for donnie if there are a lot mmore north of say birmingham then its easier for them to get to went to few away games last season last one was barnsley for my sins was going to go to derby but the long journey from barnsley put me off well lerant my lesson now

I couldn't argue at our average figure - but I would be surprised if Leeds had an average of almost 3,500.

Not because they couldn't/wouldn't take that many, but simply because looking down that list of clubs, there are not that many that would provide that number of seats for away fans, surely..?

not a suprise, poor season. managed to get to 14 myself but with the recession and all it's been hard times for everyone so hopefully a few more city fans will be going to more away games as the likes of west ham, blackpool, birmingham, brighton and southampton have all joined our league.

I couldn't argue at our average figure - but I would be surprised if Leeds had an average of almost 3,500.

Not because they couldn't/wouldn't take that many, but simply because looking down that list of clubs, there are not that many that would provide that number of seats for away fans, surely..?

a very good point

It goes to show how fickle are support is, in 07/08 we would have been top surely? Or at least in the top 4?

But to be elow the likes of Doncaster and Reading really is an embarrassment

Really?! That is the Reading that got to the play off final, and have a bigger average home gate than us.....?

Why don't clubs' official websites have the "Away Days" section under match details anymore. It used to be interesting no know what different teams away support was and the %'age of the overall crowd.

Well, not that interesting, but as it links to this topic...!!

Really?! That is the Reading that got to the play off final, and have a bigger average home gate than us.....?

This is Reading a club that struggled to get 5 or 6 thousand at Elm park not so long ago.

We are a much bigger club than them so yes it is embarassing.

It's worth remembering that - other than Cardiff where away attendance is low for non-football reasons - we don't really have many near neighbours in the division.

If you take Donny, they have local derbies with Leeds; Sheffield Utd; Hull and S****horpe - all very easy to get to. It's a doddle for them to get to the East Midlands club in the division too.

When you look at the numbers most clubs brought to AG they were (generally) a fraction of those average figures.

At the end of the day we all know what are fan base is capable of when we are on a decent run. We have no problems at all taking 3 or 4 thousand regularly to away games.

We do have a very fickle fan base though as ive already said.. It does take a lot to stir the fans of Bristol City but every now and again you do see the potential, 07/08 for example taking 3,000 to Charlton on a Tuesday night..

It goes to show how fickle are support is, in 07/08 we would have been top surely? Or at least in the top 4?

But to below the likes of Doncaster and Reading really is an embarrassment

Think Leeds would have perhaps been above us had they been in the League even in 07/08. They're top by nearly 1,500 on their nearest challenger. Yes though, we do have a certain fickle element in our support- that is surely beyond doubt.

Archived