IGNORED

Fed Up With East Midland Clubs

numbeast

I am getting well p***ed off with the "Super Clubs" from the East Midlands. Both Forest and Leicester fans look at us as some backwater where the locals chew straw and play the banjo all day. The Foxes have always been a bit of a yoyo club who's only silverware of note is the League Cup albeit on 3 occasions and Forest glory days were under possibly the best English manager ever in Brian Clough with a small resurgance in the late 80's early 90's. Neither of these clubs have achieved much in the last 10 years but both think they are a massive draw for any player outside of the prem. This despite both gaining Championship status after us.

When will these numpties realise past glories count for nothing and come the opening day of the season we all start off as equal. As for Leicester's new found wealth it's great to have but if you really want to show intent make offers that can't be refused. If they want Nicky Maynard that bad up the offer to £7.5M and really test our resolve. I know that valuation is OTT but if he's rated that highly by Sven and, as their fans keep spouting, they are that loaded then it shouldn't be a problem. But for all their wealth they will still not necessarily buy promotion just ask our Welsh neighbours. As for Forest can anyone honestly see them pay £4M+ on one player? I would be suprised if they forked out that much on 4 players.

I know some of our fans can get a little carried away given Steve Lansdown's wealth but most of us realise we are an average Championship club who, in fact, pay higher than average wages for our top earners. As I've mentioned on another thread, for Forest to sign Maynard he would go in as the highest earner just for parity of what we pay him (according to the Nott'm local rag). Roll on FFP in the Football League and Ashton Vale being built maybe just maybe they will see we're up for the Challenge of promotion and not just here to make the numbers up.

I can remember being in a service station at the beginning of the season the year we got promoted, my dad and brother had there colours on and were clocked by a couple of Leicester fans I stayed outside smoking only to hear the dad turn round to his son and laugh at little Bristol City and berate us for a good few minutes. I really had too bite my tongue I was fuming. Nobody was as pleased as me when they went down.

I guess anyone's head would be turned by coming from the mighty metropolis of Leicester - famous for, errrrr, ummmm.... Showaddywaddy and Engelbert Humperdink! :laughcont:

As for Nottingham - I actually like the place, but most of the reasonable people I've met there tend to be County fans. Forest seem to draw their fanbase more from the depressed areas around the city.

I can remember being in a service station at the beginning of the season the year we got promoted, my dad and brother had there colours on and were clocked by a couple of Leicester fans I stayed outside smoking only to hear the dad turn round to his son and laugh at little Bristol City and berate us for a good few minutes. I really had too bite my tongue I was fuming. Nobody was as pleased as me when they went down.

Why didn't you say anything?

I dunno why some City fans should be bothered about what other fans think of us and of their own club.

Fact is we are in eyes of fans outside of the West Country City are a small club who have never won anything significant.

When City drew Boro in the cup a few season's back Jed Pitman went up to Boro for local tv and around the shopping area asked the locals what they knew of Bristol and Bristol City. One woman said "is it in Wales?" Another bloke said 'I've heard of it but don't where it is".

Some years ago in Lanzarote I was chatting to a bloke in a bar. I was wearing a Polo shirt with City's badge embroidered on in and he asked me who I supported as he didn't recognise the badge. I told him Bristol City and he said 'I should have guessed because you sound like a yokel' and then said 'what division are you in? . He was a Man City fan.

Sums up what other fans think. Didn't bother me then and it doesn't bother me now.

I dunno, the East midlands is luxury compared to Luton, Hull, Glasgow, East London, Middlesbrough and Liverpool, and Manchester.

Midlands aint 'that' bad, Birmingham has the best kebab houses in all of the UK.

Innt their loads of blacks and cracks heads shooting each other in Nottingham or something? I just heard its a bit like LA (home of the body bag) south central cinderford fool.

I dunno, the East midlands is luxury compared to Luton, Hull, Glasgow, East London, Middlesbrough and Liverpool, and Manchester.

Midlands aint 'that' bad, Birmingham has the best kebab houses in all of the UK.

Innt their loads of blacks and cracks heads shooting each other in Nottingham or something? I just heard its a bit like LA (home of the body bag) south central cinderford fool.

Wow, that's really quite racist.

Well done, you've confirmed yourself as the worst poster on here.

Wow, that's really quite racist.

Well done, you've confirmed yourself as the worst poster on here.

What is this race season on OTIB at the moment!? On every other thread there's a mention to it ! teddy wong is right (maybe he worded it wrongly) but there is a large gang culture in Nottingham and yes in actual fact many members of these gangs are of afro caribbean descent. Not racist, factual.

Anyway i couldn't give a **** about these Midlands clubs to be honest. Fair play Forest are big, there trophy cabinet dosn't lie and i wll always have respect for them as a club. But Leicester Cov and the rest? Na we have potential to be as big if not bigger and that is why they dont bother me. We will never win the European cup twice but have a 30,000 seater stadium spend a large amount of time in the top 2 divisions and win a carling cup or two like Leicester city have done? 30 years down the line Yeah why not, we are more than capable of that IMO.

When you think of the way our season kicked off and the subsequent turmoil the great Leicester City were a massive 6 points above us, not in my mind the sign of such a wonderful team. As for the management at both LCFC and Forest they may have both managed England but I wouldn't say they left any creditable legacy with our National Team. Don't get me wrong I respect both of these teams and their managers, but I don't think they have that much to shout about in 2011. Remember when Forest came down to League 1 and how they were going to walk the League by Christmas? These fans need to take off the rose tinted glasses (as do some of ours) and show some respect to those competing against them. Maybe, if they knew their geography, they could see we have the potential to be a very large club ourselves given the sparsity of League club in such a large catchment area. But like themselves, we need a bit of good fortune and some seriously good managment to attain this. After all we are the 7th largest City in England and far and away the largest in the South West.

When you think of the way our season kicked off and the subsequent turmoil the great Leicester City were a massive 6 points above us, not in my mind the sign of such a wonderful team. As for the management at both LCFC and Forest they may have both managed England but I wouldn't say they left any creditable legacy with our National Team. Don't get me wrong I respect both of these teams and their managers, but I don't think they have that much to shout about in 2011. Remember when Forest came down to League 1 and how they were going to walk the League by Christmas? These fans need to take off the rose tinted glasses (as do some of ours) and show some respect to those competing against them. Maybe, if they knew their geography, they could see we have the potential to be a very large club ourselves given the sparsity of League club in such a large catchment area. But like themselves, we need a bit of good fortune and some seriously good managment to attain this. After all we are the 7th largest City in England and far and away the largest in the South West.

Not having a go mate; but just wondered if you had ever heard of a club with a "small catchment area". I for one cannot recall ever hearing of one.

I must confess that City have hardly been a footballing giant in recent years, and being realistic, are currently only competitive due to the generosity of our Chairman. With the Maynard situation, his current value is only what somebody will pay, and if he does not sign a new contract, on 1st July 2012 it becomes £0.00.

What is this race season on OTIB at the moment!? On every other thread there's a mention to it ! teddy wong is right (maybe he worded it wrongly) but there is a large gang culture in Nottingham and yes in actual fact many members of these gangs are of afro caribbean descent. Not racist, factual.

I've not bothered to read the racism threads, all I know that saying that Nottingham is bad and then listing "isn't there loads of blacks" in a detrimental manner is pretty fking racist. Nottingham has gang problems but in my experience there are as many white people in St Ann's as there are black people.

In the case of Sven, he has won a great many trophies across Europe so he has a major track record- McClaren has more to prove IMO and yes failed with England,. but seems to do well at smaller clubs- in terms of his career pre Forest, his success to failure ratio is directly linked to size of job:

England- bioggest and biggest failure

Wolfsburg- Probably 2nd biggest atm given recent Bundesliga Champs, 2nd biggest failure.

Middlesborough 3rd biggest, undoubted success

Twente- smallest, big success.

As for England thing, Capello ius also having trouble now- perhaps it is the players and the system!! Third manager now with track records ranging from steeady to fantastic, they can't all be wrong? Can they?

I guess anyone's head would be turned by coming from the mighty metropolis of Leicester - famous for, errrrr, ummmm.... Showaddywaddy and Engelbert Humperdink! :laughcont:

As for Nottingham - I actually like the place, but most of the reasonable people I've met there tend to be County fans. Forest seem to draw their fanbase more from the depressed areas around the city.

Yep and we got Baldrick, Wallace and Gromit and The Wurzels (all my heroes by the way) :yahoo:

Not having a go mate; but just wondered if you had ever heard of a club with a "small catchment area". I for one cannot recall ever hearing of one.

What i mean by that is in the Midlands there is a high density of population but that is shared around a larger number of clubs. Also given any point in the Midlands there is a Premier League side within 50 miles. Should we be successful and get promoted our catchment area would cover Devon,Cornwall and Somerset. Now I'm not saying we'd have 1000's of City converts but we would benefit from all the Man U/Arsenal/Chelsea fans comming to the new stadium from these areas to see their hero's, and maybe some of those might become regulars.

Oh shutup you moron, how is that racist?

"Innt their loads of blacks and cracks heads shooting each other in Nottingham or something? "

"Blacks" is a racist term.

You imply that only black people shoot "each other".

Why not white people?

You are the moron here and you disgust me.

Ridiculous poster.

"Innt their loads of blacks and cracks heads shooting each other in Nottingham or something? "

"Blacks" is a racist term.

You imply that only black people shoot "each other".

Why not white people?

You are the moron here and you disgust me.

Ridiculous poster.

:rofl2br::rofl2br: Blacks is a racist term? Are you ******* 9 yrs old or something?

:rofl2br::rofl2br: Blacks is a racist term? Are you ******* 9 yrs old or something?

It is segregational, derogatory and therefore racist. It is no different to saying n******.

It is also more the context in which you said it. "blacks shooting each other" is racist. It is highly stereotypical and ignorant.

I think you are more likely to be the 9 year old here.

Archived