IGNORED

Dear David Jones

westex red

We have a slight problem, a squad of over 30, most are not up to it, no money to spend, and letting in goals at a rate of three per game, we had a pretty good pre season, lost most of them to lower teams, do you think your the man for us?

Billy davies will want money to spend, and lots of it too. Same with Jones but to a lesser extent. So unless SL is going to give them an open cheque book (which we know he wont) then either of those two are going to be a no.

As said on a previous thread Lee Clark Or Paul Tisdale are types of managers we should be looking at IMO.

I would like a no a young hungry manager who wore his heart on his sleeve as a player and expects nothing less. So how about Lee Clark at Huddersfield.

If you want to see good football of any sort I would advise against it. I looked through the Championship and League 1 to think of someone earlier and there isn't anyone with any overly impressive CV that springs to mind.

Dave Jones - No spent loads - achieved - Nothing

Billy Jones - I'd rather bring back Benny that have that horrible little gob shite anywhere near are club

Dont believe it is right for Millen to go, especially for the names mentioned.....yikes!

Out of the two has to be Billy Davies for me, no doubt. Not a fan of Jones at all. I found it interesting to read an article in the Summer where a Cardiff player came out saying that Malky Mackay has added a discipline, and work rate to the club but more importantly an attention to detail that the previous manager didn't- this probably explain why they didn't go up with such a talented squad .

Davies in contrast has done well everywhere he's been. Did well at Motherwell, took over an average Craig brown's Preston side and turned them into a very good team with little money. Equally, He took a very average Derby side up ahead of schedule (which probably contributed to the very poor Premier league season). Similarly took Forest from a relegation battle to regular play-off contenders in the space of two years. People say he was poor at Derby, but I think that's harsh as he did great to get them promoted first off, things didn't work out, but there aren't many managers who haven't had one bad season in their careers. Equally, he will have no doubt learnt from those experiences. My only issue is that he seemed to cause a few issues at Forest for demanding lots of money to spend but if he was willing to come (should there ever be a vacancy) for me he would be a great appointment. Another manager I wouldn't mind would be Strachan, again i know he was awful at Boro but I think he's a good manager.

Archived