IGNORED

Del's Form

Murraysrightplum

I think success next season will just be building on this season. Finish comfortably above relegation places and then build again the season after and so on. Not a cat in hells chance we'll be competing for the play offs next season and you know what, I can live with that as long as we've learnt lessons from this season (and seasons past)

Rebuilding this club is going to take a few seasons and I think we need to acccept that.

I think success next season will just be building on this season. Finish comfortably above relegation places and then build again the season after and so on. Not a cat in hells chance we'll be competing for the play offs next season and you know what, I can live with that as long as we've learnt lessons from this season (and seasons past)

Rebuilding this club is going to take a few seasons and I think we need to acccept that.

Why no chance? There is no reason for that. This is football and anything is possible. I admit we aren't one of the favorites but I wouldn't write of any team in the league as you have no idea what will happen in the summer and during the season.

Okay I'll rephrase. In my opinion we have no chance of competing for the play off!! We've avoided relegation by pretty much the skin of our teeth, Del probably won't be given a huge wedge of cash to spend this summer and I think the league will be stronger than it's been in a long time. So imo we'll have no chance of competing for the play off. That'll be my reasons.

Okay I'll rephrase. In my opinion we have no chance of competing for the play off!! We've avoided relegation by pretty much the skin of our teeth, Del probably won't be given a huge wedge of cash to spend this summer and I think the league will be stronger than it's been in a long time. So imo we'll have no chance of competing for the play off. That'll be my reasons.

The league is always strong, big clubs don't mean good teams. This season we've done very well against the so called 'big clubs'.

The chairmen has said he expects a number of new faces and will support Del in any way he can. This year is massive for strengthening the squad as it's clear to see in the last few years we haven't been anywhere near good enough with this group of players. I'm sure the board know this.

Whilst you can never say "no chance" in football and we haven't even seen who Del has recruited yet I agree that it is highly unlikely that we will be in the promotion mix next year. We should be pleased with our finish to the season and of course it is good to be positive but lets not get carried away. I agree that the league will be very hard next year and a mid-table finish that suggests we are progressing is a realistic target.

I was saying after the game on Saturday that it will be interesting to see what our aim is for next season. Is it purely staying up? Is it a top-half aim? Or will the usual shit regarding promotion be spouted? Hopefully not the latter and probably the middle.

So do you honestly believe we'll be competing for a play off position? Not could, or might because any of the 24 could or might. Do you believe we will?

It's all well and good doing well against the big boys but if you struggle against mid/lower table teams then you wont get very far. I think the league will be very strong next season so finishing comfortably above relegation will be a decent step up.

I find it amazing when I talk to some fans and they almost expect us to be challenging for promotion every season like we have a right because we are Bristol City.

So do you honestly believe we'll be competing for a play off position? Not could, or might because any of the 24 could or might. Do you believe we will?

It's all well and good doing well against the big boys but if you struggle against mid/lower table teams then you wont get very far. I think the league will be very strong next season so finishing comfortably above relegation will be a decent step up.

I find it amazing when I talk to some fans and they almost expect us to be challenging for promotion every season like we have a right because we are Bristol City.

You pretty much contradicted yourself there. Saying this league will be tougher next year, the big teams have no right to be up there either.

I don't believe anything, I hope. You have no clue what will happen in the summer and how well Del will get us prepared. A lot about the team will change.

We say every year ''next year looks so strong!'' but anyone can beat anyone in this division, that is what makes it brilliant. Del has said himself, he doesn't want to settle for just being above the relegation zone. He wants us to be aiming for something, not consolidating and settling for average seasons.

Football is a funny old game, time will tell but I wouldn't write any team off in the division. There is always 1 or 2 suprise packages though and who's to say that can't be us? I'm not saying we will or wont, but to completely rule it out and say it's practically impossible to do is rather defeatist.

COYR.

True. But they had a new manager coming in and falling out with their best players.

One of the best points about McInnes is that he seems to make all his team decisions for football reasons - not on a personal basis.

I think McInnes does do what you say but what about the side lining of Spence which had to do with attitude?

I think McInnes does do what you say but what about the side lining of Spence which had to do with attitude?

I thought it had more to do with the fact that he was playing sh!t. He was reasonable last season but seemed like he'd gone backwards.

Maybe he didn't want to come back here?

Archived