Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ForeverRed

David James Mbe

24 posts in this topic

Let's hope he doesn't drop the medal when he goes to collect it!

Seriously, he does a lot of charity work and I think it's fair enough. Well done David!

Massive congratulations to the big man and richly deserved.

Reported to have made over a million pounds for charities.

Fantastic career and a icon to English goalkeeping.

Well done big fella!

Congratulations to David, pleased to see that he has been recognised by HM for his charity work.

No idea if the man is deserving or not but well done nonetheless.

What I do think, however, is that they hand these recognitions out a bit more like candy bars these days than they used to.

What I also do not quite understand is how the Gov't of Antigua & Barbuda has the authority to hand out knighthoods... presumably recognised by their head of state or they could not be knighthoods in the first place. Moreover one wonders if they would now swiftly strip the knighthood from one Allen Stanford.

Congratulations David, a fantastic career

A footballer who behind the scenes does so much for charity and youth football. A man who presents himself so well at interviews and as a TV pundit

Congratulations David, a fantastic career

A footballer who behind the scenes does so much for charity and youth football. A man who presents himself so well at interviews and as a TV pundit

Very well said although there are a huge number of city fans who hate the bloke for some reason.

in phoenix nights jerry st clair wants to name the function room the sir steve redgrave suite

to which brian potter replies"bloody hell their giving them out to anyone now"

ps this was a comedy on c4 not real life in any way before the unwitting take this the wrong way

Does so much for charity and has done quite a bit for the University of Bristol. Top top man! Welldone, Jamo!

Aye, well paid charity worker, glad he did something positive while on the payroll.

In all seriousness, you can't fault the guys attitude outside of football. But he took us for a bloody fortune for very little in footballing terms.

Very well said although there are a huge number of city fans who hate the bloke for some reason.

Many people whom have done no charity work or played at Semi Pro level let alone International

It does amaze me how people criticise people many many levels above, I think they need to think how they would look if thrown in at the deep end

Well done David I hope you stay at the club as a player and eventually a coach

Many people whom have done no charity work or played at Semi Pro level let alone International

It does amaze me how people criticise people many many levels above, I think they need to think how they would look if thrown in at the deep end

Whilst I agree with the first para and feel that this is very well deserved.... with regards to the second para - do you not realise he was released?

Sorry to dash your hopes, but he's left the club.

Maaaaaaate...seriously!

James has done a lot more 'incognito' than just donate.

His unpaid work - I believe he actually went over and physically constructed parts of an African orphanage and still covers all running costs to this day - are deserving of this reward.

He is one of the good guys in life regardless of what you think about his salary.

Harsh cheap shot mate, I thought you were a better bloke than that.

? I think I made it perfectly clear he has a cracking attitude outside of football. What's the problem? In terms of what he did on the pitch, he wasn't worth his salary. All quite plain to see.

? I think I made it perfectly clear he has a cracking attitude outside of football. What's the problem? In terms of what he did on the pitch, he wasn't worth his salary. All quite plain to see.

exsactly this ,he can afford to charity work whilst on 23k a week nice bloke but would we still be in the championship if he stayed between the sticks. on another note joey barton dose loads of work for charity wonder if he will get one......not