IGNORED

David James Mbe

ForeverRed

No idea if the man is deserving or not but well done nonetheless.

What I do think, however, is that they hand these recognitions out a bit more like candy bars these days than they used to.

What I also do not quite understand is how the Gov't of Antigua & Barbuda has the authority to hand out knighthoods... presumably recognised by their head of state or they could not be knighthoods in the first place. Moreover one wonders if they would now swiftly strip the knighthood from one Allen Stanford.

Congratulations David, a fantastic career

A footballer who behind the scenes does so much for charity and youth football. A man who presents himself so well at interviews and as a TV pundit

Very well said although there are a huge number of city fans who hate the bloke for some reason.

Aye, well paid charity worker, glad he did something positive while on the payroll.

In all seriousness, you can't fault the guys attitude outside of football. But he took us for a bloody fortune for very little in footballing terms.

Very well said although there are a huge number of city fans who hate the bloke for some reason.

Many people whom have done no charity work or played at Semi Pro level let alone International

It does amaze me how people criticise people many many levels above, I think they need to think how they would look if thrown in at the deep end

Well done David I hope you stay at the club as a player and eventually a coach

Many people whom have done no charity work or played at Semi Pro level let alone International

It does amaze me how people criticise people many many levels above, I think they need to think how they would look if thrown in at the deep end

Whilst I agree with the first para and feel that this is very well deserved.... with regards to the second para - do you not realise he was released?

Sorry to dash your hopes, but he's left the club.

Maaaaaaate...seriously!

James has done a lot more 'incognito' than just donate.

His unpaid work - I believe he actually went over and physically constructed parts of an African orphanage and still covers all running costs to this day - are deserving of this reward.

He is one of the good guys in life regardless of what you think about his salary.

Harsh cheap shot mate, I thought you were a better bloke than that.

? I think I made it perfectly clear he has a cracking attitude outside of football. What's the problem? In terms of what he did on the pitch, he wasn't worth his salary. All quite plain to see.

? I think I made it perfectly clear he has a cracking attitude outside of football. What's the problem? In terms of what he did on the pitch, he wasn't worth his salary. All quite plain to see.

exsactly this ,he can afford to charity work whilst on 23k a week nice bloke but would we still be in the championship if he stayed between the sticks. on another note joey barton dose loads of work for charity wonder if he will get one......not

Archived