IGNORED

Rovers Get The Go Ahead For Stadium

hippy273

To be honest, good luck to them.

Even if it only acts as some sort of wake up or kick up the jacksy that helps our plans move forward.

Even though they are geographically our nearest rival and not currently footballing rivals, not even their fans (extremely loyal but misguided lot that they are) should have to make do with that shambles of a ground.

They are equally as optimistic as we are in the capacity, given their current averages, but will reap the benefits when they get their usual spawny big club in all the cup draws.

Will the title South Gloucestershire Rovers make them the longest name in English football? Funny how they hammered us about being North Somerset City when the ground wasn't even in North Somerset and now they are going to leave Bristol themselves.

Will the title South Gloucestershire Rovers make them the longest name in English football? Funny how they hammered us about being North Somerset City when the ground wasn't even in North Somerset and now they are going to leave Bristol themselves.

Says the man with the username ... ;)

Their name will be "Frenchay Rovers 2015 Ltd" . 2015 being the year they turned their back on, and left Bristol.

Did anyone see Higgs dig at city on itv? When asked if they need a ground holding 20k He said something along the lines of them from accross the pound had lower crowds than we do now when they were in divison four.

He is correct although he failed to consider that in the early 80s football was in decline and all football league attendences were low. I might try and dredge their attendences out for the same period.

Why ? None of the stadium is outside the city boundary.

There is 1 access road in north Somerset. 1 road.

Not entirely correct:-

The application site straddles the boundary between Bristol City Council and North Somerset Council. The main vehicular access to the B3128 (leading to the A370 Long Ashton bypass) falls within North Somerset and the majority of the development site falls within Bristol.

...majority, but not all of it.

The point being, its a tongue in cheek jibe at Rovers yet we are hardly that much better. Either way, both clubs are dealing with councils other than just Bristol.

The application site straddles the boundary between Bristol City Council and North Somerset Council. The main vehicular access to the B3128 (leading to the A370 Long Ashton bypass) falls within North Somerset and the majority of the development site falls within Bristol.

The point being, its a tongue in cheek jibe at Rovers yet we are hardly that much better. Either way, both clubs are dealing with councils other than just Bristol.

How can it? If any of it was in north Somerset it would need permission from them? Surely?

Did anyone see Higgs dig at city on itv? When asked if they need a ground holding 20k He said something along the lines of them from accross the pound had lower crowds than we do now when they were in divison four.

He is correct although he failed to consider that in the early 80s football was in decline and all football league attendences were low. I might try and dredge their attendences out for the same period.

Just ignore the fat idiot mate.

How can it? If any of it was in north Somerset it would need permission from them? Surely?

I'm pretty sure they're extending the city boundaries so that it will be entirely within Bristol.

Why is it, last time I checked our stadium application went through first time..

But they have no challenge on a village green, only a Sainsburys proposal, not to mention they can build on all the land in it's entirety. I would not be surprised if they get a ground before we do.

The fat lady is already singing ......what was interesting is that councilors said the numbers either in support or against will have no bearing on the decision made today

Sainsburys will sail through ...... Believe me.....you heard it here first

To be honest, after all the shite you ****ers have had for the past 20 years or so you deserve a chance

Be nice if both clubs could move to new homes. Sadly, after 36 months of f uck ups it looks like our are the "pigs might fly"

The fat lady is already singing ......what was interesting is that councilors said the numbers either in support or against will have no bearing on the decision made today

Sainsburys will sail through ...... Believe me.....you heard it here first

Hope it does to be honest, it's embarrassing to live in such a backwards thinking city, sick to death of no decent sports facility's, music venues etc, I went to the Colston hall a few months back, it's still shite after they spent all that money in it.

I am in support of both clubs getting new grounds.......this City needs a kick up the ass, we are collectively the laughing stock around the country with our second rate grounds, crap sporting facilities, no concert venues etc etc

I believe SL will win the day in the not so distant future, perhaps the SGC decision today will shame those idiots at BCC into making the right one next time

Archived