IGNORED

What's Going On?

Oops

We, the fans, pour our heart into this club year in, year out.

We're told that we need to sign players, if not to compete, then at least survive in the Championship.

For 5 years we've been treading water at best.

Does Mr Lansdown have the funds available to fuel his passion for BCFC? Or has he lost interest in our beloved club?

We can't attract players, this is blatantly obvious.

If we want Premier League football, (which i assume everyone in the championship is striving for) then we need to gamble.

We need quality players, like everyone else seems to be buying.

The question is: We support the team unconditionally, ALWAYS. But when do we get a return on our emotional and financial investment?

Steve Lansdown is unbelievably wealthy. He says BCFC is his passion.

Time to invest in the future of the club mate, not the future of Bristol Rugby.

That translates to NOT buying Rugby teams, and putting your immense wealth to a single concern.

We nearly fluked a Premier League slot in 2007-8, and look what happened and who we signed the season after.

Co-incidence?

Unzip your wallet for ONE season Steve, or we'll continue to be a laughing stock for the likes of Derby, Watford and the Florists.

Unless something drastic occurs in the next 4 weeks, We're a league 1 team by Xmas.

Oh dear god. Here we go again.

Have you heard about the financial fair play rules that will stop investors throwing money at clubs and instead getting them to focus on living within their means?

Have you heard that Mr Lansdown has a tiny little project going recently that if successful will provide us with a new home that will give us every chance of being self sufficient and comply with the FFP rules?

Have you heard that his boy is on the board which indicates the Lansdown family are here for the long term?

It's time for us to be sensible for the long term future of the club. If that means losing a few blinkered, glory hunting, impatirent fans along the way then so be it.

We're told that we need to sign players, if not to compete, then at least survive in the Championship.

Does Mr Lansdown have the funds available to fuel his passion for BCFC? Or has he lost interest in our beloved club?

If we want Premier League football, (which i assume everyone in the championship is striving for) then we need to gamble.

The question is: We support the team unconditionally, ALWAYS. But when do we get a return on our emotional and financial investment?

That translates to NOT buying Rugby teams, and putting your immense wealth to a single concern.

We nearly fluked a Premier League slot in 2007-8, and look what happened and who we signed the season after.

Co-incidence?

Unzip your wallet for ONE season Steve, or we'll continue to be a laughing stock for the likes of Derby, Watford and the Florists.

Unless something drastic occurs in the next 4 weeks, We're a league 1 team by Xmas.

One word...

Portsmouth

Co-incidence?

Couldnt agree more, well said! we need some proper backing this season to avoid becoming a 'Barnsley' of this league, who no one really cares or talks about. If ever there was a time to improve the squad, that time is NOW! will Lansdown leave his new toy alone (rugby) & start paying more attention to his old 1>..(city), i doubt it!

I was only being honest. I personally am fed up with watching dross.

The transfer merry-go-round seems to be for everyone else, while we collect the dregs. My basic point is this: Teams with less financial "clout" than us seem to survive, so why can't we? Its no good being a moral bastion when everybody else is content to pay slightly more money for markedly more quality.

Peterborough have got a better squad than us at this point in time. We need quality, and we will have to pay for it. Huddersfield have just come up, and wield more transfer power than we did 5 years ago. And Jordan Rhodes ain't been sold yet. Something ain't right.

I was only being honest. I personally am fed up with watching dross.

The transfer merry-go-round seems to be for everyone else, while we collect the dregs. My basic point is this: Teams with less financial "clout" than us seem to survive, so why can't we? Its no good being a moral bastion when everybody else is content to pay slightly more money for markedly more quality.

Peterborough have got a better squad than us at this point in time. We need quality, and we will have to pay for it. Huddersfield have just come up, and wield more transfer power than we did 5 years ago. And Jordan Rhodes ain't been sold yet. Something ain't right.

Where have you been for the past 2 years? We're losing over 12 million a year. We can't afford to go out and splash 1-2 million quid on a player.

What a stupid post. Absolutely idiotic.

How do you suppose we pay for the wages for the 3-4 years after we "spend big" in your plan this season? We've just got out of a huge wage bill due to doing exactly that a few years ago!

I'll tell you why, mucker.

Don't pay a 37 year old ex-england goalkeeper 16 grand a week to drop ludicrous bollocks in his own penalty area. That was a good plan wasn't it?

Don't buy unproven Slovakian strikers for close to £1,000,000 and then find out they've got the yips.

Don't buy Nicky Hunt.

We've spent the money on shite that we should have spent on quality footballers. And its our money.

See my point?

'Backing' a club and ending up like pompy are two very different things, all we ask is to be able to compete with the smaller clubs than us ATLEAST which were not doing atm!

Ovcourse he has backed us! Where do you think the 92 million for the stadium is coming from?

Where have you been for the past 2 years? We're losing over 12 million a year. We can't afford to go out and splash 1-2 million quid on a player.

Where does that "£12 million" a year go then?

Mostly on shit players who were never good enough to don the red shirt in the first place, and their ludicrous wages.

There is something missing in City's transfer policy, I swear. David James has cost us at least one good transfer for both years he was here, and for what? Who's reputation was enhanced? were YOU proud that James was City's number one?

Great club, Great fans, Criminally pathetic at trading players.

We've released about half of the team from last season, including big earners like James, Maynard, Hunt & even Cisse... We've lost key players who need to be replaced or we may end up losing alot more money when we go down... We're not asking for million pound signings, we just want to see a return for our support and have the squad improved on for next season, as a fan thats all you can ask for! the money is there, but isit going to the right place? ....

Ovcourse he has backed us! Where do you think the 92 million for the stadium is coming from?

£92 frigging million?

Thats 2 millenium Stadiums mate.

Imagine them Gasheads sat in the Lansdown end this time in 5 years. Its that simple. And cheaper.

If we'd hit the big time in 2008, the hand would have been in the pocket for the Prem. As it was, Hull Beat us to it. And where are they now?

A parachute payment better off, and buying quality players again.

Where does that "£12 million" a year go then?

Mostly on shit players who were never good enough to don the red shirt in the first place, and their ludicrous wages.

There is something missing in City's transfer policy, I swear. David James has cost us at least one good transfer for both years he was here, and for what? Who's reputation was enhanced? were YOU proud that James was City's number one?

Great club, Great fans, Criminally pathetic at trading players.

That's exactly why we aren't splashing the cash in this transfer market. We used to pay one of the biggest wage in the league, but now SL has suddenly realised that this can't go on any longer. We had 36 players on our books last season!! We aren't a big club, we cannot compete with the Leicester's and the Derby's. The quicker some fans understand this the better

We've released about half of the team from last season, including big earners like James, Maynard, Hunt & even Cisse... We've lost key players who need to be replaced or we may end up losing alot more money when we go down... We're not asking for million pound signings, we just want to see a return for our support and have the squad improved on for next season, as a fan thats all you can ask for! the money is there, but isit going to the right place? ....

We have 3 weeks! That's a lot of time to get transfers done.

That's exactly why we aren't splashing the cash in this transfer market. We used to pay one of the biggest wage in the league, but now SL has suddenly realised that this can't go on any longer. We had 36 players on our books last season!! We aren't a big club, we cannot compete with the Leicester's and the Derby's. The quicker some fans understand this the better

Maybe we should scout the lower leagues then instead of wasting time trying to sign players we cant attract/afford? thisclub does everything the wrong way round.

We all agree it would be mint to have a bottomless pit of cash to throw at our woes, but really, do we want that? Not sure I do. Much happier to have sl keeping watch and grow the club sensibly

But is he?

Which other club in the Championship signed a 39 year old GOALKEEPER and called it a coup?

I hesitate to lump my criticism onto David James alone, but as far as I can see he prohibited the signing of the one or two players we needed to attain respectability. As it stands, we are in no position to challenge the top 10 teams in our division. Miracles do happen, but it grinds my gears that all three teams that came up from League 1 have significantly better squads and seemingly more resources than us.

How can this be? As an "established" Championship club we need to expand our horizons, not consolidate our safety..

I ask all of you, how many of our team would get in another Championship team? And how many other players would walk into ours?

We have needed a centre-half and a creative midfielder for THREE years. Everyone who watches knows this. The Management know this. The DIRECTORS know this.

Why can't we get it right? Proffesionalism, grit and determination will get you far, but without flair and guile i fear we may be in for a long hard season in the lower reaches of the Championship.

I am generally happy just to read the forums, but today after yet another barren 24 hours of speculation and hyperbole I just felt like sharing my views.

I apologise for any offence caused, but I just want to express my opinions.

Oh dear god. Here we go again.

Have you heard about the financial fair play rules that will stop investors throwing money at clubs and instead getting them to focus on living within their means?

Have you heard that Mr Lansdown has a tiny little project going recently that if successful will provide us with a new home that will give us every chance of being self sufficient and comply with the FFP rules?

Have you heard that his boy is on the board which indicates the Lansdown family are here for the long term?

It's time for us to be sensible for the long term future of the club. If that means losing a few blinkered, glory hunting, impatirent fans along the way then so be it.

I take exception to that mate.

All City fans are blinkered and glory hunting to a certain extent, same as any fan of any club, anywhere.

As for the FFP rules, how does a man worth half a billion pounds NOT live within his means?

Steve Lansdowns boy might very well be on the board, but only because Daddy put him there. You ever met the bloke? He might be a Hereford fan for all you know.

As for impatient, well, that all depends on how long you've been waiting for City to shit or get off the pot.

The last City team that made the dream come true was almost completely home grown or brought in for little.

The Cheese cost 30k from Norwich and the rest cost little

Cashley Drysdale Merrick Collier Rogers Whitehead Gow Tainton Emmanual Sweeney Ritchie cost us little to nothing....The only way to get this club up with the constraints placed upon it is to bring on its own as much as possible!

While times have changed the only way the little guys can begin to compete with the big guys is to have a lot of local talent and bring it on.........

Good luck to our youngsters in 2011-12

Maybe we should scout the lower leagues then instead of wasting time trying to sign players we cant attract/afford? thisclub does everything the wrong way round.

and how do you know we aren't looking at lower leagues as well? Sure Del has said that we're looking at higher leagues, but it won't be the first time that a Del signing comes from an unexpected direction....

Every year the forum winds itself up into a feeding frenzy of transfer related carp. Every year it happens, why are people so agitated about it? There are 2000 posts about emad meteb, thousands about David James, and close to 1000 about buszaky, it's ridiculous!

I suggest you look ffp up oops before you make an even bigger tit of yourself,

for a start a club is limited to 80% of its turnover on wages (as of last season we were 132% of our turnover) you suggest lansdown doesn't invest enough where do you think the money comes from us fans?

if it did we wouldnt of lost 30 million in the last 3 years thats come from 1 man alone,

Your ever a football manager playing kid or not living in the real world if you think we can afford to pay 1 million pound for an over rated defender like Keogh,

You are slagging Lansdown off for the signings of james/ hunt/ Styver, lansdown just paid the cash you need to look at the manager and his team who signed them Coppell/Millen and Johnson/Millen,

Blackpool got to the prem spending 600k on a team of players and paying no more then 5k a week,

Throwing money at the problem like we have doesn't work and if you and fanatic can't get that through your thick head I suggest you go back to the playstation

In which case instead of saying how wonderful he is , shouldn't we be questioning why he allowed us to have so many pro's totalling such a massive wage bill, that if he sat down and worked out, was going to have an end of year result in a 12 million pound loss ??? SL is a very very successful businessman. Let's not forget that firstly. But he knew what loss we were going to make potentially - if that was our 'gamble' on getting to the prem, a team of bloody has beens and useless dross, then god help us now the wage bill has been cut so dramatically !!!

The last City team that made the dream come true was almost completely home grown or brought in for little.

The Cheese cost 30k from Norwich and the rest cost little

Cashley Drysdale Merrick Collier Rogers Whitehead Gow Tainton Emmanual Sweeney Ritchie cost us little to nothing....The only way to get this club up with the constraints placed upon it is to bring on its own as much as possible!

While times have changed the only way the little guys can begin to compete with the big guys is to have a lot of local talent and bring it on.........

Good luck to our youngsters in 2011-12

Bristol has hardly ever been the hotbed of young English talent though and how many academy players actually get a chance in the first team here and make the breakthrough... Not many!?..Is it just Skuse in the 1st team at the moment?

Co-incidence?

completely agree, ignore all the crowd followers on this site, they dont have a brain between them!

Archived