IGNORED

Barton And Heskey

Super

£90 a week is the minimum guaranteed wage that Blackpool would legally have to pay. Appearance fees etc. would probably have been in the thousands. It's how more footballing contracts should be structured in my opinion.

That would mean less than minimum wage if he was training and playing more than 20 hours a week, not right surely!

As for the add ons, well, if he had a couple of bad games or a injury, or ollie decided on a formation that he couldn't squeeze heskey into. I can see why he turned them down.

If that is the way Blackpool are going, they will find it difficult to attract players.... Unless every club follows suit.

That would mean less than minimum wage if he was training and playing more than 20 hours a week, not right surely!

As for the add ons, well, if he had a couple of bad games or a injury, or ollie decided on a formation that he couldn't squeeze heskey into. I can see why he turned them down.

If that is the way Blackpool are going, they will find it difficult to attract players.... Unless every club follows suit.

Sign on as an Apprentice I bet.

Archived