IGNORED

Playing Teams On A Bad Run

robc

Am I alone in always fearing the worst when City come up against teams who haven’t won in ages (or even scored in ages)? In all of the close to 50 years I have been a supporter, we invariably seem to be the team to end our opponents bad run. Some of my friends look forward to the boys playing those down on their luck, but not me. If a team hasn’t won say in their last 10 games, I just know the odds are that we’ll end up losing to them – often by a late single goal (probably from the penalty spot!). I mention this because of the current record of our next opponents, Peterborough (Played 5, Lost 5). Wouldn’t it be great if we could get a result there, instead of travelling back to Bristol after a third straight away defeat?

Our away form this season.

0-1 against Florist who could be up for promotion this year

0-1 against Barnsley, they beat Middlesboro and drew against Blackpool, yes I was there and we didn't play to our potentional that day.

Home form

Beat Palarse and Baadiff and lost in a 8 goal thriller to a team tipped to be champions.

I don't think a lot teams are going to enjoy playing us this year, and I expect Petersborough ain't thinking we done them last year so nothing to worry about.

I tend to agree with this. I think we will lose 2-0 because we don't have any leaders on the pitch.

It's depressing really because Peterborough are on an awful run.

I agree we still need that Leader on the park..........

I also do not expect us to capitalise on teams in bad form any more ....we appear to be the best team to play if you are on a bad run

There is a plus side sometimes though......not very often but from time to time there is

A few years back we played a midweek Away fixture at Chesterfield who had the chief upfront for them .....Bound to score me thinks and so I promptly had a couple of wagers...

The Chief scored first and they beat us 3-0...........I had money on both...R.E.S.U.L.T!

Picked up about £ 800 ....paid for me ST and quite a few away games that season

Sometimes you just know these things are going to happen against us

Following on from the news that Darragh MacAnthony is considering walking away from Posh, Darren Fergusson went on local radio this morning saying Tuesday's game is now "massive".

This suggests P'boro' will take to the field terrified of losing. Come on City, be psoitive, this is your chance for three away points.

2001-02 City lost by a 3 goal margin at Posh. The next four visits were City wins.

2011-12 City lost by a 3 goal margin at Posh. History is on our side!

C O Y R!!

I fancy 6 points in the bag by this time next week, and perhaps a loan in as well!

Onwards and upwards

+0.5

This is not a Millie team,.. when our lads went behind, each time against Blackburn, we ploughed on regardless.

I am not superstitious and do not believe the posh are 'due a win' and that we will be the team to 'hand it to them'. If we go there and play our usual fast game we will win handsomely and I fully expect us to do just that.

Archived