IGNORED

Greetings From Bolton

bwfcbob123

Hi there, I'm from a Bolton Wanderers forum called Burnden Aces. We run a Q&A feature where we get the views of opposition fans ahead of games. If you would like to take part, just answer the questions below:

• Bristol City currently sit one place above Bolton in the Championship, with the same amount of points but a better goal difference. How has your season been so far?

• Where do you think you can finish this season? Is promotion a possibility?

• You recently re-signed former Scotland and Celtic captain Stephen McManus on loan from Middlesbrough. What are your thoughts on this signing? Do you think he will play on Saturday afternoon?

• Last week, Bolton sacked manager Owen Coyle, with Jimmy Phillips taking temporary charge. Do you think Coyle deserved to be sacked? Who do you think will take over at the Reebok?

• Which City player do you think will be the biggest threat to the Bolton defence?

• Which Bolton player will Derek McInnes be telling his players to look out for?

• And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday?

I look forward to reading your answers!

Hi there, I'm from a Bolton Wanderers forum called Burnden Aces. We run a Q&A feature where we get the views of opposition fans ahead of games. If you would like to take part, just answer the questions below:

• Bristol City currently sit one place above Bolton in the Championship, with the same amount of points but a better goal difference. How has your season been so far? started well but now reverted to type

• Where do you think you can finish this season? Is promotion a possibility? If we avoid relegation we would have done well, no chance of promotion

• You recently re-signed former Scotland and Celtic captain Stephen McManus on loan from Middlesbrough. What are your thoughts on this signing? Do you think he will play on Saturday afternoon? Could be good and certainly better than we already had, he will start but who plays alongside him will be the weak link

• Last week, Bolton sacked manager Owen Coyle, with Jimmy Phillips taking temporary charge. Do you think Coyle deserved to be sacked? Who do you think will take over at the Reebok? Steve Kean!

• Which City player do you think will be the biggest threat to the Bolton defence? Sam Baldock

• Which Bolton player will Derek McInnes be telling his players to look out for? Kevin Davies has the potential to get a hatload with his head if he tgs onto whoever plays alongside Mcmanus

• And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday? 2-0 Bolton

Its been a steady start, but im confident we can climb the table

I think we will finnish mid table, but with a string of good results at the end of the season play-offs maybe a possibility, and we all know what can happen in the play-offs

He is exactly what we have been crying out for someone to boss the defence around and keep a good shape at the back, he should be playing the way our centre backs have been this season i'll be dissapointed if im not picked

I think he did deserve to be sacked after relegation and a poor start this season a change was definetly needed for you. I think Mick Mcarthy will take over hes a good championship manager

Adomah, is trickery and pace can cause many defences problems just lacks a good cross, but sometimes he just runs into the box and causes something special

Liam Fontaine, only joking eagles is someone i would want to mark out the game as you effectively take out davies to as eagles has a demon cross on him

being optimistic but 1:3 hopefully we just go all out for 3 points like we were doing at the start of the season

• Bristol City currently sit one place above Bolton in the Championship, with the same amount of points but a better goal difference. How has your season been so far? Inconsistent, we have scored a lot of goals but as you can see, our defence is very leaky hence our goal difference

• Where do you think you can finish this season? Is promotion a possibility? Around Midtable, far from promotion candidates this season

• You recently re-signed former Scotland and Celtic captain Stephen McManus on loan from Middlesbrough. What are your thoughts on this signing? Do you think he will play on Saturday afternoon? Yes he will certainly play, our defence is awful and he is badly needed. I hope Carey partners him, but think McInnes will opt instead to use Fontaine.

• Last week, Bolton sacked manager Owen Coyle, with Jimmy Phillips taking temporary charge. Do you think Coyle deserved to be sacked? Who do you think will take over at the Reebok? I think you should be doing better than what you were, so i'd say yeah. Sammy Lee.

• Which City player do you think will be the biggest threat to the Bolton defence?Albert Adomah without a doubt, 3 goals and 4 assists i think this season already.

• Which Bolton player will Derek McInnes be telling his players to look out for? Davies and Eagles always seems to play well against us.

• And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday? I think we'll concede, McManus will tighten us up at the back, but i still don't think it will be enough to stop your lot. 1-1

We will win. Mcmanus in the team. We have a lot of goalscorers. Bolton a team with an sacked manager is not a team in harmony. Think when you sorted it all out you will climb the table. But in saturday look outfor Albert, Baldock, Pearson,Taylor and some more City players. It will be a big fight but Imo City is in better physical step than Bolton. Football is football and anything could happen. Germany-Sweden 4- 4. But still I think City will win, DM make the spirit in the team.

• Bristol City currently sit one place above Bolton in the Championship, with the same amount of points but a better goal difference. How has your season been so far? Consistently Inconsistent

• Where do you think you can finish this season? Is promotion a possibility? No chance of promotion, i think we'll be comfortably mid-table, we are one centre half away from being an excellent team and hopefully Mcmanus will be that missing link.

• You recently re-signed former Scotland and Celtic captain Stephen McManus on loan from Middlesbrough. What are your thoughts on this signing? Do you think he will play on Saturday afternoon? Good signing, exactly what we needed. If he doesn't start i will be annoyed.

• Last week, Bolton sacked manager Owen Coyle, with Jimmy Phillips taking temporary charge. Do you think Coyle deserved to be sacked? Who do you think will take over at the Reebok? Coyle had to go, I can't believe that a team like Bolton are doing this badly. Can't say who will replace him.

• Which City player do you think will be the biggest threat to the Bolton defence? Albert Adomah every time. Watch out for Baldock, always a goalscoring threat.

• Which Bolton player will Derek McInnes be telling his players to look out for? Chris Eagles always threatens when i've seen him, also Davies has the potential to cause us real problems if he comes up against our defence playing as they have done this season.

• And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday? If Mcmanus shores up our defence I can see us getting our first clean sheet of the season so a very optimistic 0:2, with Woolford and Baldock scoring.

• Bristol City currently sit one place above Bolton in the Championship, with the same amount of points but a better goal difference. How has your season been so far?

It's encouraging that we've been scoring goals as we struggled to do that last season but we do need to get out of our recent nosedive in form as quickly as possible.

I think we'll be near the top of the bottom half. Promotion was never on the cards and most of the fans would have taken staying up at the start of the season. I think we've got a better squad than last year and, if we can tighten the defence up, then I reckon we should keep our heads above water.

• You recently re-signed former Scotland and Celtic captain Stephen McManus on loan from Middlesbrough. What are your thoughts on this signing? Do you think he will play on Saturday afternoon?

It's great news as we desperately need a central defender and he can definitely improve our defence.. I think he's likely to play on Saturday if he's match fit.

• Last week, Bolton sacked manager Owen Coyle, with Jimmy Phillips taking temporary charge. Do you think Coyle deserved to be sacked? Who do you think will take over at the Reebok?

One of my friends is a Bolton fan and I completely see why Coyle went as he seemed to be getting it wrong tactically week-in week out. I still think he's a good manager and will do well where he goes next but his position had become untenable and he probably needs to learn a few more tricks, tactically. Mick McCarthy seems the obvious choice.

• Which City player do you think will be the biggest threat to the Bolton defence?

Probably Adomah.

• Which Bolton player will Derek McInnes be telling his players to look out for?

Sordell's the obvious choice but I think Mark Davies is pretty underrated.

• And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday?

2-1 Bolton. We will improve at the back in time but a better squad and the desire to impress whoever comes in will tell on Saturday.

It's encouraging that we've been scoring goals as we struggled to do that last season but we do need to get out of our recent nosedive in form as quickly as possible.

I think we'll be near the top of the bottom half. Promotion was never on the cards and most of the fans would have taken staying up at the start of the season. I think we've got a better squad than last year and, if we can tighten the defence up, then I reckon we should keep our heads above water.

It's great news as we desperately need a central defender and he can definitely improve our defence.. I think he's likely to play on Saturday if he's match fit.

One of my friends is a Bolton fan and I completely see why Coyle went as he seemed to be getting it wrong tactically week-in week out. I still think he's a good manager and will do well where he goes next but his position had become untenable and he probably needs to learn a few more tricks, tactically. Mick McCarthy seems the obvious choice.

Probably Adomah.

Sordell's the obvious choice but I think Mark Davies is pretty underrated.

2-1 Bolton. We will improve at the back in time but a better squad and the desire to impress whoever comes in will tell on Saturday.

Damn good post that man, x box and playstation have there uses :ill:

1) Season so far promising.

2) With the right recruitment (within reason) definately a possibility.

3) He probably will (not too exited though). My gran got more pace.

4) I don't think anyone without basic knowledge of the game should be allowed to sack someone superior to him.

5) Albert Adomah.

6) We will concentrate on our own game.

7) Not yeat thought about it.

• Bristol City currently sit one place above Bolton in the Championship, with the same amount of points but a better goal difference. How has your season been so far? - We started brilliantly with exciting & comfortable wins over both C Palace & Cardiff however we have struggled the last few games letting in some poor goals hence our continued search for a top CH.

• Where do you think you can finish this season? Is promotion a possibility? - We have a much stronger squad than last and will probably finish mid table but with the arrival of McManus and the return of Cunningham in December we may just have it in us to mount a late surge to a playoff spot.

• You recently re-signed former Scotland and Celtic captain Stephen McManus on loan from Middlesbrough. What are your thoughts on this signing? Do you think he will play on Saturday afternoon? - Very good CH at this level. A leader, strong, commanding and good in both boxes. He is a certain starter.

• Last week, Bolton sacked manager Owen Coyle, with Jimmy Phillips taking temporary charge. Do you think Coyle deserved to be sacked? Who do you think will take over at the Reebok? - Dont know if 'deserved to be sacked' are the right words but a change was necessary in view of your poor results over a long period. Mick Macarthy will replace Owen.

• Which City player do you think will be the biggest threat to the Bolton defence? - They wont see which way Adomah goes. He has been unplayable at times this season and will cause you all sorts of problems. Sam Baldock is a natural goalscorer and if he gets a half chance it will be in the back of the net. They are your biggest threats.

• Which Bolton player will Derek McInnes be telling his players to look out for? - No-one in particular. Whilst you clearly have a very strong squad he will just want us to defend better as a team. If we can do that then he and the fans will be happy.

• And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday? - I'm not predicting anything other than we will play better than we did at Leicester !

Same as last couple of seasons, good run bad run, good run bad run , we are on a not so good run now so hopefully Saturday will be the start of a good one

• Not a bad start, defensive mistakes have stopped us being top half.

• I feel we will finish in the top ten, not good enough for the top six yet though.

• Yes he will play and yes he will improve our porous defence

• He should not have been sacked, managers are not given enough time in my opinion. I would give the job to Karl Robinson from MK Dons

• no doubt at all it will be Albert Adomah, if he is on song he will tear you apart whoever marks him.

• Davies and his aerial threat

Bolton 1 City 2

We will win. Mcmanus in the team. We have a lot of goalscorers. Bolton a team with an sacked manager is not a team in harmony. Think when you sorted it all out you will climb the table. But in saturday look outfor Albert, Baldock, Pearson,Taylor and some more City players. It will be a big fight but Imo City is in better physical step than Bolton. Football is football and anything could happen. Germany-Sweden 4- 4. But still I think City will win, DM make the spirit in the team.

Yeah I'm sure Pearson will be Boltons best player

Welcome to OTIB - hope your experience is a pleasant one!

• Bristol City currently sit one place above Bolton in the Championship, with the same amount of points but a better goal difference. How has your season been so far? For me it feels like we've been falling just a little bit short in important games, attack looks good, defence looks scary. Suffice to say its been exciting at times.

• Where do you think you can finish this season? Is promotion a possibility? Anywhere from 1st to 23rd, look at reading last season! Promotion is less likely but I don't think we'll go down either, i'll plump for 13th. We'll be 7 or 8 points off the play-offs, knowing a late surge will see us there.

• You recently re-signed former Scotland and Celtic captain Stephen McManus on loan from Middlesbrough. What are your thoughts on this signing? Do you think he will play on Saturday afternoon? He's a centre back, it doesn't matter what shape the plug is, it'll at least slow down the flow in the direction of our goalnet! Yes he will play, barring injury, alongside Fontaine.

• Last week, Bolton sacked manager Owen Coyle, with Jimmy Phillips taking temporary charge. Do you think Coyle deserved to be sacked? Who do you think will take over at the Reebok? I feel for Coyle because of how unlucky he has been at times but ultimately it was the fall from grace that cost him, FA Cup semi-final to the Championship just doesn't bode well, a good business decision not letting sentiment get in the way. Take-over? Any number of managers, McCarthy, Paatelinen, Di Canio, Dyche, O'leary. This one will be an intersting choice

• Which City player do you think will be the biggest threat to the Bolton defence? Ryan Taylor, purely because you won't be expecting him, he came from Rotherham and has always been strong in the air but has added to his game this season, if he plays, he'll win every header and cause a threat at set pieces

• Which Bolton player will Derek McInnes be telling his players to look out for? Derek's an intelligent manager, he will set us up to try and hold up your attack and give ourselves the opportunity to break. Not sure who's fit etc but Holden, Davies, Eagles, M.Davies and Sordell - Knight & Warnock at set pieces

• And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday? We've got a good record in the past against Bolton, I hope our hudu continues but i'll say 2-2 with a late City equaliser

On a side note, I was chatting to a Bolton fan last week in a pub in Blackpool on my way back from Fleetwood, and couldn't for the life of me remember Mark Davies' name, thanks for brining him up! He was big fan of Holden but did say he expects us to get a result at the Reebok.

Inconsistent, but plenty more goals than usual. We've struggled to score at this level for 5 years so I hope our good run in front of goal continues. Our defence is a huge problem, though, and our best summer signing (Cunningham), first choice left back is out injured. The less said about the centre backs the better.

Promotion is a pipe dream and McInnes has undertaken a long term rebuilding job at the club. It will take a couple of seasons to change the ethos at the club - we still lack leadership on the field and we're too nice and too easy to score against. However, the manager has done a decent job and we've improved a lot since he took over - I think we'll be around 15th/16th this season.

Very pleased we've got him in, we've been crying out for a first-ball winner since May. His lack of pace is an issue but there's no doubt he's a leader and a strong, solid character. We just need another centre-half to play alongside him now! He'll surely start on Saturday.

I think it was inevitable after the team seemed to fall to pieces after that cup semi defeat. I really liked Coyle as a bloke, a decent guy and he certainly hasn't become a bad manager overnight. But I think he had to go, he seemed to run out of ideas at Bolton. I think McCarthy is a good bet for the job but I'd like to see you go for Di Canio - can't stand the guy but I'd hate him less if he wasn't doing such a good job at one of our local rivals. Whether you'd want him is another matter!

Albert Adomah has the ability to create something out of nothing, even if his end product is a bit hit and miss. We love him at Ashton Gate, and we're still too often over-reliant on him.

• Which Bolton player will Derek McInnes be telling his players to look out for?And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday?

I'd like to think his main focus will be on getting us defending better as a unit. Before McManus signing I would have said Kevin Davies would have our back four for breakfast, but hopefully McManus can man-mark him. Whoever you put on the second centre-back is likely to be your main threat. I do rate Mark Davies though - good player.

1-1

Our season started well but now seems to be reverting to type

I dont believe we will finish much above 17th, it really is a quality league and while we have improved from last season, i can still see it being a difficult season

McManus was needed and barring injury will definately play, we need someone who can win the first ball - our defenders are easily bullied this season and davies would have had a field day if we hadnt of signed McManus.

Yes Football is ruthless you played an FA Cup semi in 2011 and lost convincingly to Stoke and you never seemed to recover last season, a poor start this season and the writing was always on the wall. I think Holloway would be a good shout for the Bolton job, i think their fans are starting to turn against him a little and with the likely departures of Ince and Phillips it may be that he wants a new challenge, and if you get him i would be very surprised if you do not go up.

Adomah will be the biggest threat, if he can see enough of the ball

Eagles without a doubt your biggest threat, scores goals very good at set pieces, will surely be back in Prem soon.

Bolton 2 City 0

• Bristol City currently sit one place above Bolton in the Championship, with the same amount of points but a better goal difference. How has your season been so far? A lot more exciting than the last few seasons. We don't know if we are going to win or lose 4-0. There is more of a buzz about going to matches now. Some really good attacking performances

• Where do you think you can finish this season? Is promotion a possibility? I expect around mid table or better. I think we have an outside chance of playoffs depending on injuries and some luck.

• You recently re-signed former Scotland and Celtic captain Stephen McManus on loan from Middlesbrough. What are your thoughts on this signing? Do you think he will play on Saturday afternoon? Yeah I think he could do well, I think he will be the leader that we have lacked for so long in defence. We need this type of player to sign permenently.

• Last week, Bolton sacked manager Owen Coyle, with Jimmy Phillips taking temporary charge. Do you think Coyle deserved to be sacked? Who do you think will take over at the Reebok? Yeah maybe it was time for change, he got you relegated from the Premier League and didn't seem to be liviing up to boltons expectation in the championship. Mick MaCarthy is probably the manager you need.

• Which City player do you think will be the biggest threat to the Bolton defence?On his day, Albert Adomah, but last game I watched he was trying to beat too many players and lost the ball. Sam Baldock is the main goal scoring threat to your defence. I don't think there will be too many chances on goal for us this weekend.

• Which Bolton player will Derek McInnes be telling his players to look out for? Davies

• And finally, what do you think the final score will be at the Reebok Stadium on Saturday? I am hoping city will at least get a point. We haven't had a 0-0 yet.

Yeah I'm sure Pearson will be Boltons best player

Maybe he will not start, but if he does,I will not be surprised if he scorces. As I have seen from last season he is ofen in the right position when we are attacking. Last season he missed very good chances. Davies have a hammer in his left foot, dont care who scorses , City winning is the mainthing. COYR.

Archived