IGNORED

Wolves Review - Pre Match

The Batman

It aint all rosy up here in sunny wolves for the fans at the moment.

Absolute freefall is how they are all describing it. One guy i work with has even put money on them getting relegated because they dont have a clue. - the new manager has them playing a certain style which does not work or fit his players.

Doyle works hard but cannot score, Ebanks Blake is an "idol sod" who has lost his ability he had a few seasons back.

They have one good player in Sakho but bit of a one trick pony. They admit they are missing O'Hara in the midfield as he was the creative player, but the entire team cannot get their heads around what the new manager is trying to bring in. He has totally lost the dressing room also.

Sounds very similar to some of the comments on here about City that i've read in our recent form. Here's a basic summary of what their fans have been saying to me over the last few weeks.

A defence that cant defend - he introduced zonal marking not just for set plays but for all aspects of play and it appears the players will not move in certain circumstances - Lots of issues about Roger Johnson's mentality - he turned up pissed to training more than once you may have seen in the papers, but one thing that the club did not disclose was that Steven Fletcher was with him (back at the start of the season when he was still there), but the club kept it quiet because they throught it would lower his value when trying to sell him. Johnson has also been playing through a back injury but still goes onto the pitch, no pace, no tackling ability, not the player he was at Birmingham when people were mentioning a possible England Call up. And that Berra is a waste of space too..

The midfield that cant create anything - he plays 2 work horses in midfield and expects them to pass the ball around like Iniesta and Xavi. - missing O'hara due to injury but they dont know just how much he will be able to carry the team at the moment.

The forwards i've already mentioned, they aint scoring goals and very little is being created.

Overall, a good time to play them. They were lucky at the start when they picked up all their points, but since then, they said it's been the worst football for a generation. And they aint happy with the board either.

The new stadium was put on hold. They got a nice new stand behind the goal (Stan Cullis Stand) and the other 3 are still the same as before. Big stadium for League 1 as one of their fans mentioned (their words not mine)

All in all, confidence is high going into this one. Come on you reds.

Absolute freefall is how they are all describing it. One guy i work with has even put money on them getting relegated because they dont have a clue. - the new manager has them playing a certain style which does not work or fit his players.

Doyle works hard but cannot score, Ebanks Blake is an "idol sod" who has lost his ability he had a few seasons back.

They have one good player in Sakho but bit of a one trick pony. They admit they are missing O'Hara in the midfield as he was the creative player, but the entire team cannot get their heads around what the new manager is trying to bring in. He has totally lost the dressing room also.

Sounds very similar to some of the comments on here about City that i've read in our recent form. Here's a basic summary of what their fans have been saying to me over the last few weeks.

A defence that cant defend - he introduced zonal marking not just for set plays but for all aspects of play and it appears the players will not move in certain circumstances - Lots of issues about Roger Johnson's mentality - he turned up pissed to training more than once you may have seen in the papers, but one thing that the club did not disclose was that Steven Fletcher was with him (back at the start of the season when he was still there), but the club kept it quiet because they throught it would lower his value when trying to sell him. Johnson has also been playing through a back injury but still goes onto the pitch, no pace, no tackling ability, not the player he was at Birmingham when people were mentioning a possible England Call up. And that Berra is a waste of space too..

The midfield that cant create anything - he plays 2 work horses in midfield and expects them to pass the ball around like Iniesta and Xavi. - missing O'hara due to injury but they dont know just how much he will be able to carry the team at the moment.

The forwards i've already mentioned, they aint scoring goals and very little is being created.

Overall, a good time to play them. They were lucky at the start when they picked up all their points, but since then, they said it's been the worst football for a generation. And they aint happy with the board either.

The new stadium was put on hold. They got a nice new stand behind the goal (Stan Cullis Stand) and the other 3 are still the same as before. Big stadium for League 1 as one of their fans mentioned (their words not mine)

Thought they'd made a decision to stay at Molineux and were redeveloping accordingly?

Anyway, good to hear they're in disarray. I can't stand Wolves after several incidents with their fans over the years and numerous depressing matches against them.

Hopefully City give them an absolute stuffing on a par with the 6 they knocked past us at AG in the 90's.

Thought they'd made a decision to stay at Molineux and were redeveloping accordingly?

Anyway, good to hear they're in disarray. I can't stand Wolves after several incidents with their fans over the years and numerous depressing matches against them.

Hopefully City give them an absolute stuffing on a par with the 6 they knocked past us at AG in the 90's.

Yes sorry, should have elaborated.

The plan was to develop a stand a season. But after doing the Stan cullis, they did not proceed with the 2nd one.

Wolves should only win about 2-0 then.

We've played several sides this season that have been in horrendous form and lost to the lot I think - apart from Peterborough?

Fact is we've got our wins against three of supposedly the best teams in the league - Cardiff, Palace and Middlesbrough.

So can't get too excited about Wolves being one of the league's poorer teams at the mo.

That said with Danns in the team we have a chance and I do fancy us to pick up a point at least.

The ghosts of Steve Bullshit, Andy "I walk like a chicken" Mutch and David Kelly still hang over us Noggers.

We've played several sides this season that have been in horrendous form and lost to the lot I think - apart from Peterborough?

Fact is we've got our wins against three of supposedly the best teams in the league - Cardiff, Palace and Middlesbrough.

So can't get too excited about Wolves being one of the league's poorer teams at the mo.

That said with Danns in the team we have a chance and I do fancy us to pick up a point at least.

We seem to have a bit of a history going back a few seasons of doing badly against teams whose form is rubbish (Peterborough beng the exception), especially if they have a few key players injured and a teenager making his debut in goal - that sort of scenario. In other words we seem to be a club that play the game in their minds beforehand, if you get my drift :read:

where's dele adebola when you need him, anyone remember that game on sky sports??

Was it on sky?

I remember that well - one of my favourite games I've seen. Adebola was immense. Remember basso kicking it and the ball changing directions in the air, going back towards him. Horrendous wind but we battled and got what we deserved. Need some of that fight on Saturday.

Archived