IGNORED

One Team In Bristol

bs3

Thanks for a rapid answer, wasnt a wind up but an honest question, those tossers keep on about it being in north som, thank you. now i can have a "pwopa bitch" at them,

It is so much on the boarder that part of the earmarked site is indeed in North Somerset, however the stadium itself IS in Bristol.

Weston-super-Mare is a town in its own right - just because it has a Bristol postcode doesn't mean it's in Bristol, it simply means the mail is sorted and distributed from Bristol. The key element is the Post Town in the Royal Mail's addressing standard.

The post town for addresses in Weston-super-Mare is WESTON-SUPER-MARE

The post town for addresses in Yate is BRISTOL

Does that make sense now?

Agree you can't decide what constitutes Bristol based on the Royal Mail as they decide postcodes to suit themselves

My address is Milton, Abingdon, Oxfordshire but Abingdon is 5 miles away. Really, if anything, I live in Didcot, which is a bigger town and only 3 miles away.

Whether or not you think there's a greater Bristol, and regardless of political boundaries, the postal address is Bristol and it will have a Bristol postcode. I live in Yate and though, politically, Yate is in South Glos, the postal address and postcode is still BRISTOL.

Weston-Super-Mare has a Bristol postcode but is 20 miles away in North Somerset

Woh, woh, woh......of course there is a greater Bristol the same as there is a greater Manchester, you do realise that Man U are not actually in the city of Manchester. Half of the urban extension of north and east Bristol is outside of the archaic city boundaries, kingswood, downend, hanham, staple hill, emersons, warmley, longwell green, mangotsfield, frenchay, filton, patchway, Bradley stoke, stoke gifford, cribbs....I could go on.....All suburbs of "Bristol", dont let a few administrative lines tell you otherwise.

I live in Longwell green..

People in these areas only want to be part of Bristol when it suits them.

Only when it suits us? How does that work? I class myself as Bristolian, if anybody asks me where I'm from I say 'Bristol' and I support Bristol City FC.

I don't know anybody who ever claims they aren't from Bristol when something happens.. what a stupid statement.

I don't think anyone is trying to belittle the City. I do not decide where the City boundaries are, you do not decide where the City boundaries are, the poster you replied to does not decide where the city boundaries are. They are where they are, UWE is outside the City boundaries, therefore Rovers are moving out of Bristol.

That's a fact. One team in Bristol.

This is probably the worst post I've seen.. as above, I'm Bristolian.

Who decides that the UWE is outside the City boundaries then? Greater Bristol. They can class themselves Bristolian.

This pathetic 'point scoring' thing is ridiculous.

I live in Longwell green..

Only when it suits us? How does that work? I class myself as Bristolian, if anybody asks me where I'm from I say 'Bristol' and I support Bristol City FC.

I don't know anybody who ever claims they aren't from Bristol when something happens.. what a stupid statement.

Who decides that the UWE is outside the City boundaries then? Greater Bristol. They can class themselves Bristolian.

There isnt a greater bristol!! People cant make up words just to include places in bristol.

CITY AND COUNTY OF BRISTOL

Not city and county of bristol, with places in other counties added on.

If that's the worst post you've seen you should check out my other posts. Just out of interest though, which part of the bit you highlighted on my post was factually incorrect?

As for point scoring, lighten up. It's a bit of banter.

I've lived in Hanham my entire life and was born at Frenchay.

I have forever been telling people I was Bristol born and bred, have I been telling lies? :liar:

Like I said, it's a bit of banter, OTIB and all that. So far the Gasheads I work with have seen it as banter, their response has been along the lines of "at least we are getting a new ground and not a TVG". Neither them or myself have burst into tears over it all.

There isnt a greater bristol!! People cant make up words just to include places in bristol.

CITY AND COUNTY OF BRISTOL

Not city and county of bristol, with places in other counties added on.

I think it's quite clear the strict city boundary you talk about, what you are not grasping is that city's expand yet political and authoritative boundaries do not at the same rate. These "other" places I have mentioned are part of the urban expansion, intricately linked to Bristol......just not within the citys political boundary.......as yet. This is distinct from geographically seperate towns such as wsm, clevedon, thornbury which are in the "Bristol" area but clearly not part of Bristol.

Out of interest, where do you reside?

I think it's quite clear the strict city boundary you talk about, what you are not grasping is that city's expand yet political and authoritative boundaries do not at the same rate. These "other" places I have mentioned are part of the urban expansion, intricately linked to Bristol......just not within the citys political boundary.......as yet. This is distinct from geographically seperate towns such as wsm, clevedon, thornbury which are in the "Bristol" area but clearly not part of Bristol.

Out of interest, where do you reside?

Bedminster.

Is our new stadium, and i say this with a tad of optimism, within the bristol city (council ) border or are we looking at a north somerset setting ? just a question, anyone?

Ummm,

What new stadium ? You have not got ANY stadium to build and are truly making fools of yourselves if this is the best you can do.

Bitter and twisted Teds. Massive club eh ;)

No clearly not as it is totally separate from Bristol and a town in its own right. The areas I listed are connected to and are a continuation of the urban area of Bristol.

Well Wolverhampton is connected to Birmingham, doesn't mean to say that people in Wolverhampton are Brummy or are from Birmingham, just becasue its the bigger of the two cities/towns.

Ummm,

What new stadium ? You have not got ANY stadium to build and are truly making fools of yourselves if this is the best you can do.

I beg to differ....in fact, technically we are in the same position as you....planning permission for a stadium and planning permission for sainsburys. We just have a legal case to overcome.

Sags, conference club eh?

Ummm,

I fail to understand the 'massive club' jibe..

1) Regardless of what happens this season, we will still be in the Football League. You won't.

2) Our fanbase is bigger

3) As of right now, our stadium is bigger, and better. That might change (for a few seasons) when/if you build your new stadium, but we will eventually get ours.

4) You came onto OUR forum to tell us we're bitter and twisted? :aok2:

Well Wolverhampton is connected to Birmingham, doesn't mean to say that people in Wolverhampton are Brummy or are from Birmingham, just becasue its the bigger of the two cities/towns.

but wolverhampton is a city in its own right that just happens to be very close to Birmingham.........thats like linking Bath with Bristol, which I wasn't

40 million in debt. Unable to sustain a championship team due to FairPlay rules and now with a manager who likes to play without wingers or physicality.

I know we have our own on field troubles but I would not trade places. I think that within 5 years there will be the one club that is without debt and who will attract investment and it will not be you lot. I know you will not like it but I feel pity for you.

40 million in debt. Unable to sustain a championship team due to FairPlay rules and now with a manager who likes to play without wingers or physicality.

I know we have our own on field troubles but I would not trade places. I think that within 5 years there will be the one club that is without debt and who will attract investment and it will not be you lot. I know you will not like it but I feel pity for you.

The strange thing is, I heard a very similar line....5 years ago

I fail to understand the 'massive club' jibe..

1) Regardless of what happens this season, we will still be in the Football League. You won't.

2) Our fanbase is bigger

3) As of right now, our stadium is bigger, and better. That might change (for a few seasons) when/if you build your new stadium, but we will eventually get ours.

4) You came onto OUR forum to tell us we're bitter and twisted? :aok2:

Once again, what stadium ? Mr Lansdown is already looking at other sites.

The massive club jibe ? You have always had an Inflated opinion of yourselves. To have the hubris to name a bar the prem lounge and not being in the prem. you only have to look at this thread to see just how petty you are by nitpicking but it makes no difference as we played at Bath and survived even when your lot got gaoled for arson.

You are getting the pay off now. There has always been an insidious nastiness witting BCFC 1982 Ltd. To think you have an 18 million payroll yet still cannot get to the promised land just shows the chasm between reality and what you believe to be so.

It really is laughable, albeit in a pathetically limp way, that chucking postcodes around is the best you can do. Dear oh dear.

Archived