IGNORED

Brendan Moloney

Cider red

Sorry if this has been covered else where but I couldnt see a thread. Thought he was top draw again last night, no nonsense defender who can actually dribble and pass the ball when needed. A class above Foster and I don't think its any coincidence the defence has been shored up since he has come into the team. I also think he compliments Cunningham on the other side as they are the same kind of defenders. Just goes to show how keeping the faith in dross players like foster has put us in the position we are now and ultimately lost Del his job. Even if we go down there are signs of better times ahead if this is the kind of signing O'driscoll is looking to make.

After some of the rubbish we have wasted money on over the past few seasons, it just goes to show what bargains are there to be had. Gong on his first two performances, I am still pretty amazed we got him on a free.

Keep it up fella.

He has certainly had a very good start to his City career.

As I posted on another thread the other day, ever since Brad went to QPR we have needed a solid, no nonsense right back (Hunt, Foster and Wilson haven't exactly done the job) and early impressions of Moloney are extremely encouraging.

Although we all know the centre of defence needs work, we can rest slightly easier in the knowledge that we now have two accomplished fullbacks in Moloney and Cunningham.

Early days i know but we haven't had two quality full backs for a long time.

Some will no doubt disagree, but Orr and Jamie Mac served us extremely well as two consistent, no-nonsense full backs.

Moloney and Cunningham are perhaps technically better players but also seem to get the basics right.

Moloney was 24 last week and Cunningham is 22 today (Happy Birthday Greg!) and I hope these two remain our full backs for many years to come

class

will he be here next season regardless?

i would hope him and GC would be with us whatever division we are in. If we do go down and keep players like those we hopefully would only spend one season outside of the Championship.

i would hope him and GC would be with us whatever division we are in. If we do go down and keep players like those we hopefully would only spend one season outside of the Championship.

Just got to hope there is no relegation release clause in Greg's contract.

Sorry if this has been covered else where but I couldnt see a thread. Thought he was top draw again last night, no nonsense defender who can actually dribble and pass the ball when needed. A class above Foster and I don't think its any coincidence the defence has been shored up since he has come into the team. I also think he compliments Cunningham on the other side as they are the same kind of defenders. Just goes to show how keeping the faith in dross players like foster has put us in the position we are now and ultimately lost Del his job. Even if we go down there are signs of better times ahead if this is the kind of signing O'Driscoll is looking to make.

Some of those dross players are still playing in the team, and playing well!

Maybe Foster has something to offer after all?

Archived