http://www.wolves.co...513-851076.aspx

To hide third-party ads become an OTIB Supporter now for a fiver

#2 BCFC_Dan

BCFC_Dan

On his day...

• Members
  • 3883 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

Head Coach, not Manager I note. Do Wolves already have a Director of Football or are they another club heading down that route?

#3 Uncle Albert

Uncle Albert
  • Members
  • 1212 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

Good appointment for Wolves. Awful move for him.

#4 Esmond Million's Bung

Esmond Million's Bung
  • Members
  • 14553 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

Another poor appointment, will never play the type of football Wolves fans expect.

This is very revealing about Wolves plight and the overpaid players.

http://www.expressan...ay-wolves-fans/

Edited by Esmond Million's Bung, 31 May 2013 - 02:57 PM.

The Sage's Natural Overleaves

Sages want the eyes of the world to be focused upon them. They love to be the center of attention, and to be in the limelight. They desire to be suave, polished, classy, and graceful in their behavior. Sages can be very much into loving themselves. They want everything coming in to them, and nothing going out. They often use, exploit, and manipulate other people in order to get what they want. In a manner of speaking, Sages view themselves as the center of the universe. That is, they are very subjective about everything — they consider how events in their lives relate to themselves personally: "What does this mean to me? How does this affect me?"

At an extreme, Sages tend to live in their own dreamy fantasy world. Sages often fall prey to their own imaginations, and are victims of their own delusions. They have a hard time facing reality. They are prone to think that the real world works like their imaginary world. Obviously this can get them into trouble when this proves not to be the case.

Billy’s Weekly Liar (sponsored by Donald)

#5 Bar BS3

Bar BS3

Bar BS3

• Members
  • 3586 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

Jackett is a funny one, imo. His record is really pretty decent with the clubs and budgets that he has had to work with in the past, but I would be slightly underwhelmed by the appoinment if he was to end up here. 

I suppose it might offer them a bit of stability at a much needed time and he has a bit of success at L1 level on his CV, so overall about as good an appointment as they could realistically hope for at the current time.

#6 Esmond Million's Bung

Esmond Million's Bung
  • Members
  • 14553 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

Jackett is a funny one, imo. His record is really pretty decent with the clubs and budgets that he has had to work with in the past, but I would be slightly underwhelmed by the appoinment if he was to end up here. 

I suppose it might offer them a bit of stability at a much needed time and he has a bit of success at L1 level on his CV, so overall about as good an appointment as they could realistically hope for at the current time.

Agreed but I don't think is much more than a short term appointment, especially if they get promoted.

Sages want the eyes of the world to be focused upon them. They love to be the center of attention, and to be in the limelight. They desire to be suave, polished, classy, and graceful in their behavior. Sages can be very much into loving themselves. They want everything coming in to them, and nothing going out. They often use, exploit, and manipulate other people in order to get what they want. In a manner of speaking, Sages view themselves as the center of the universe. That is, they are very subjective about everything — they consider how events in their lives relate to themselves personally: "What does this mean to me? How does this affect me?"

At an extreme, Sages tend to live in their own dreamy fantasy world. Sages often fall prey to their own imaginations, and are victims of their own delusions. They have a hard time facing reality. They are prone to think that the real world works like their imaginary world. Obviously this can get them into trouble when this proves not to be the case.

#7 Corleone

Corleone
  • Banned
  • 1151 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

Jackett is the perfect manager for a smaller club looking to consolidate and sustain their position. Hence the incredibly dull football.

How he will fare at a BIG club with BIG expectations is a different experience for him. Much happier that Wolves havent got a Coyle or someone like that.

#8 Monkeh

Monkeh
  • Members
  • 13296 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:05 PM

Another poor appointment, will never play the type of football Wolves fans expect.

This is very revealing about Wolves plight and the overpaid players.

http://www.expressan...ay-wolves-fans/

no matter how bad some think it is here, theres always someone in a worse state

#unan

#9 Esmond Million's Bung

Esmond Million's Bung
  • Members
  • 14553 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:08 PM

no matter how bad some think it is here, theres always someone in a worse state

indeed but Wolves fans seem to have had enough and are making their feelings truly known, unfortunately for us there far too many fans who will make excuses, forgive and say things like 'he'll do a job in league one', me for one remain unconvinced, there is still a few more I would like to see the back of.

#10 Just Brett

Just Brett
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

An improvement on Saunders but I think Wolves fans were hoping for a bigger name. I still think KJ will have them in the top 3/4. Not the best appointment but a safe one.

#11 Monkeh

Monkeh
  • Members
  • 13296 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:10 PM

indeed but Wolves fans seem to have had enough and are making their feelings truly known, unfortunately for us there far too many fans who will make excuses, forgive and say things like 'he'll do a job in league one', me for one remain unconvinced, there is still a few more I would like to see the back of.

Player wise, but the ones I wanted gone the most have otherones are still under contract so can't do much about, and The one you are not naming I generally think can do a job as he's still pretty young,

Lets leave it there tho'

#unan

#12 Esmond Million's Bung

Esmond Million's Bung
  • Members
  • 14553 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

Player wise, but the ones I wanted gone the most have otherones are still under contract so can't do much about, and The one you are not naming I generally think can do a job as he's still pretty young,

Lets leave it there tho'

Bud, as far as 'you know who' is concerned and as with much of what is occurring at BCFC only time will tell, I know what I suspect will happen especially if things don't go to fans expectations for next season, the club have issued their going for a quick return rallying call but the man who actually matters has not and I further suspect his, the clubs and fans expectations might well be poles apart.

#13 Taylor10

Taylor10
  • Members
  • 4055 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

Terrible appointment for Wolves.

He won't last long and he's certainly not good enough to take them into the Premier League should they get back into the championship during his time. I would be feeling extremely underwhelmed if I was a Wolves fan. My brother in law is and he's fuming! They have sacked one idiot and hired another!

#14 Just Brett

Just Brett
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Wouldn't say it was a terrible appointment, They could have made a better one yes but I think he'll do a good job for them.

#15 Corleone

Corleone
  • Banned
  • 1151 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:34 PM

O'Driscoll or Jackett......

No contest.

#16 Taylor10

Taylor10
  • Members
  • 4055 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

Wouldn't say it was a terrible appointment, They could have made a better one yes but I think he'll do a good job for them.

He may well do but he's not what they want. Believe me the fans think it's a terrible appointment!

The Wolves board are doing just about all they can to **** that club up! Jackett will have to do something special to win them over!

Edited by Taylor10, 31 May 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#17 Dark Wood Covert

Dark Wood Covert

For I am the mayor of Alberquerque!!!

• Members
  • 2782 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:35 PM

Could provide stability to Wolves, it just depends how quickly their fans turn on him if things are not going the right way in the short term.

I'm still on the belief their fans are more fickle than our own, worst in the country in fact.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass, and I've just finished my milk!

#18 TRL

TRL
  • Members
  • 11467 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

He may well do but he's not what they want. Believe me the fans think it's a terrible appointment!

The Wolves board are doing just about all they can to **** that club up! Jackett will have to do something special to win them over!

Not the appointment Wolves fans would want, but not a bad record in this league.  I am not so sure it shows the ambition Wolves fans will crave for though.  A few bad results and they will be livid

#19 Taylor10

Taylor10
  • Members
  • 4055 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

Not the appointment Wolves fans would want, but not a bad record in this league.  I am not so sure it shows the ambition Wolves fans will crave for though.  A few bad results and they will be livid

I don't rate Jackett, but I have no doubt if he was given time and allowed to do things his way then he would do a reasonable job. He would certainly be able to get them out of league 1 but he won't be what they need for the championship.

For the reasons you state he will have a problem. If things don't start very well, then they will be on his back big time.

#20 Corleone

Corleone
  • Banned
  • 1151 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

Rumours floating about that Mclaren is in pole position for the Wigan job....

#21 CheddarReds

CheddarReds

The voice of reason from Cheddar

• Members
  • 1428 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:48 PM

safe appointment. He'll put them in the top 3/4 IMO. Good with the budgets and squads too.

Only thing that's questionable with KJ at Wolves is the pressure. With back to back relegations the fans won't be happy as it is, will KJ crack under pressure?

#22 TRL

TRL
  • Members
  • 11467 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

I don't rate Jackett, but I have no doubt if he was given time and allowed to do things his way then he would do a reasonable job. He would certainly be able to get them out of league 1 but he won't be what they need for the championship.

For the reasons you state he will have a problem. If things don't start very well, then they will be on his back big time.

I have always seen Jacket as a small team manager, that gets the best out of a team with a small budget (I may be getting the wrong end of the stick, but that is how he appears)  it will be interesting to see what he can do with a better calibre of player and a big budget.

Not a manger i would be enamoured with to be honest, but lets see how he does.

#23 Taylor10

Taylor10
  • Members
  • 4055 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

I have always seen Jacket as a small team manager, that gets the best out of a team with a small budget (I may be getting the wrong end of the stick, but that is how he appears)  it will be interesting to see what he can do with a better calibre of player and a big budget.

Not a manger i would be enamoured with to be honest, but lets see how he does.

Agreed. I guess this is as good a chance as any to prove us all wrong!

He's got a lot to prove to my brother in law! He's a little underwhelmed to put it mildly....

#24 TRL

TRL
  • Members
  • 11467 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

Agreed. I guess this is as good a chance as any to prove us all wrong!

He's got a lot to prove to my brother in law! He's a little underwhelmed to put it mildly....

Well if they start poorly, at least you have some nice ammo to start up some banter with the brother in law :)

How you congratulated him on a brilliant appointment!

#25 Taylor10

Taylor10
  • Members
  • 4055 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

Well if they start poorly, at least you have some nice ammo to start up some banter with the brother in law :)

How you congratulated him on a brilliant appointment!

He refused to talk about Wolves when he rocked up at a family BBQ after their relegation had been confirmed. He was not a happy bunny!

Here's hoping it doesn't start well under Jacket then!

#26 East End Old Boy

East End Old Boy
  • Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

Terrible appointment for Wolves.
He won't last long and he's certainly not good enough to take them into the Premier League should they get back into the championship during his time. I would be feeling extremely underwhelmed if I was a Wolves fan. My brother in law is and he's fuming! They have sacked one idiot and hired another!

Well, either you're right or you're wrong, quite simple really isn't it!

#27 Bob Taylor's Knob

Bob Taylor's Knob
  • Members
  • 472 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

He's a geeeeeezah!

#28 B1ackbird

B1ackbird
  • Members
  • 1266 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

It depends on how many of the under preforming former premier stars they still have to pay..

:blink:

#29 RedDave

RedDave
  • Members
  • 3537 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:21 AM

Generally, Wolves fans seem happy with the appointment considering the alternatives seemed to be McClaren and Coyle. He will do well there. With FFP to assist them I think they will walk League One.
Posted Image

#30 WhistleHappy

WhistleHappy
  • Members
  • 6180 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:16 PM

...he wont be there long before the Wolves are at the door baying for blood.... it I was Jackett I'd be thinking of getting me coat.

:redcard: ok ok .... erm :facepalm: ...  I'll get me coat!

Bristol -WoW- City

#31 Burnham_Red

Burnham_Red
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:13 PM

Jackett will stabilise the club and they should definitely be in the hunt for promotion come next May. Saunders was a joke appointment and a rash one it now seems but what's eating the Wolves fans more than anything is the success of their Black Country neighbours. When you're sliding into League 1 with no money, huge wages to pay and no manager. The last thing you need is to turn up for work and hear some Baggie colleague giving it large in your face.

Quite funny though cos we do it to the G*s :-)

#32 CheddarReds

CheddarReds

The voice of reason from Cheddar

• Members
  • 1428 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:19 PM

Jackett will stabilise the club and they should definitely be in the hunt for promotion come next May. Saunders was a joke appointment and a rash one it now seems but what's eating the Wolves fans more than anything is the success of their Black Country neighbours. When you're sliding into League 1 with no money, huge wages to pay and no manager. The last thing you need is to turn up for work and hear some Baggie colleague giving it large in your face.

Quite funny though cos we do it to the G*s :-)

yeah, Saunders was an awful appointment! Jackett will stabilise them, especially under a good start. WBA should be proud of their acievements this season, I suspect wolves fans haven't heard enough of it!  :laughcont:

#33 Swede

Swede
  • Members
  • 967 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Great appointment . . . .  for us.

His days were numbered at Millwall given their impending financial constraints.

I, like most on here see him as doing a job at a smaller club.

How on earth is he going to deal with some of their prima donnas. I thought Coyle would have got the job as he's got the drive and has managed at the top level.

#34 GoingUp

GoingUp
  • Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

Haha very funny appointment might as well have gone all the way and got pulis in! Bloody teases those wolves directors.

#35 Superjack

Superjack

Superjack

• Members
  • 2138 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 04:12 AM

Oh dear oh dear oh dear...

...long gone are the days when Wolves thought that they had a divine right to be regarded as one of the biggest clubs in the country, and consequently always went for the biggest 'name' that happened to be on the market.

Of course, their fans still hold this misguided notion.

Unfortunately, IMO they have got it right this time.

I think that Kenny Jackett will get them promoted.

"Jack Jack, Super Jack, Jack Jack, Super Jack, Jack Jack, Super Jack, Jacki Dziekanowski"

Alex Higgins
1949-2010
Magician-Genius-Legend
R.I.P.
The People's Champion

#36 The Bard

The Bard
  • Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:04 PM

He is very competent at getting teams playing functional, long ball football.  They are bound to have better players than every other side in the division. The Wolves owner seems to have got this appointment right. Wolves have always been most successful playing functional long ball football anyway. If they start well, the league could be a procession.  

#37 LondonBristolian

LondonBristolian
  • Members
  • 973 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 07:42 AM

I'm aware I'm pretty much on my own here but I think he's pretty much the best appointment they could have made in their present circumstances.  An unfashionable manager, sure, but a consistent track record and definitely not good news for us or our rivals. I'd definitely expect him to get Wolves promoted.

#38 downendcity

downendcity

Downendcity

• Members
  • 4618 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

Great appointment . . . .  for us.

His days were numbered at Millwall given their impending financial constraints.

I, like most on here see him as doing a job at a smaller club.

How on earth is he going to deal with some of their prima donnas. I thought Coyle would have got the job as he's got the drive and has managed at the top level.

That'll be the same prima donnas that got them relegated to league 1?

After reading about Wolves fans reaction to the so called prima donnas after their last championship match, Jackett should get a bunch of Wolves fans along to the first pre season training session to tell the players exactly what they think of them. That should do the trick.

#39 LECW

LECW
  • Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

Jackett said today that he is the man to get them back to the premership...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

To hide third-party ads become an OTIB Supporter now for a fiver