IGNORED

Welcome To Our World...r*vers Jr

Kid in the Riot

Very true,  but this comes from a source that knows more about these things than you and I....we'll see

your normally spot on with this stuff tbf KITR.... i know that Rovers chair/board are indeed very confident... this is the first time you seem to have posted a feeling it may go the way of Sainsburys rather than TRASH...

The interesting stuff starts then .... like how the blooming heck its being funded !! a interesting change of wording from Nick Higgs last week... he did a Q & A pre game last week and stated the UWE stadium would be debt free.....(ie not adding to club debt).. previiously the statement was that the building of UWE Stadium would leave the club debt free.... big difference in those 2 things!!

Another update: the noises I'm hearing seem to suggest that Roverzzz are confident this JR will be chucked out and they'll be on site in the spring some time. Could mean UWE bowl ready for 2015/16 season, same time as new EE will be ready...

They were also confident there wouldn't be a JR lodged but there was................

your normally spot on with this stuff tbf KITR.... i know that Rovers chair/board are indeed very confident... this is the first time you seem to have posted a feeling it may go the way of Sainsburys rather than TRASH...

The interesting stuff starts then .... like how the blooming heck its being funded !! a interesting change of wording from Nick Higgs last week... he did a Q & A pre game last week and stated the UWE stadium would be debt free.....(ie not adding to club debt).. previiously the statement was that the building of UWE Stadium would leave the club debt free.... big difference in those 2 things!!

Absolutely no doubt that the cost of the build has escalated since when it was first proposed during the economic downturn. Building costs are higher now than a few years ago, indeed there is a national shortage of some construction materials.

They were also confident there wouldn't be a JR lodged but there was................

That was Higgs chatting shite, privately they were panicing. Now they don't seem to be, on the contrary they're ready to roll come April.

Absolutely no doubt that the cost of the build has escalated since when it was first proposed during the economic downturn. Building costs are higher now than a few years ago, indeed there is a national shortage of some construction materials.

That was Higgs chatting shite, privately they were panicing. Now they don't seem to be, on the contrary they're ready to roll come April.

TBF we could cut back on things ....like the number of seats for now.... by about 14000!! ;)

Yep, true.

1 of the directors of TRASH has resigned.... rumour that the company is heading for Bankruptcy... she jumped ship rather than have director of a Bankrupt company on her record

Thoughts are that TRASH is no longer a "working" company ... The JR still goes ahead but it looks like TRASH have all but conceded...

All rumours  mind you! expect that one of the directors has resigned

If the rumours are correct and this does turn out to be a challenge without any real substance, regardless of whether you see a new Rovers' ground as good or bad, every council tax payer should ask how we can have a system that lets a minority group waste a huge amount of time on a major project at significant expense to the council, when all along they are in a limited company that will just fold if they loose, leaving council tax payers to pick up the bill.

If the rumours are correct and this does turn out to be a challenge without any real substance, regardless of whether you see a new Rovers' ground as good or bad, every council tax payer should ask how we can have a system that lets a minority group waste a huge amount of time on a major project at significant expense to the council, when all along they are in a limited company that will just fold if they loose, leaving council tax payers to pick up the bill.

A good question, and one that people should bear in mind when it comes to voting in the Euro-elections. The Greens sound nice but they are, in fact a seldf-righteous PITA. Myself, I'm going for Mebyon Kernow ;)

I hope they are successful.

Can we not make any decisions without judicial review any more? At this rate, councils should consider making a judicial review part of the planning approval process.

I really would like to see a judge be brave enough to ask a JR applicant why they've waited 2 months and 29 days to get their piece of paper in, when it should take no longer than 2 weeks. If they can't provide an adequate explanation there and then, throw it out.

Good luck to Rovers. I want to see this built. For the benefit of Bristol as a whole and an end to JRs.

My only regret is we didn't fight as hard for AV. Club did their upmost. That twonk Ferguson didn't back AV even though he said he would (shock a politician who says one thing and does another). Too busy worrying about cars and putting people out of work. God I hate that guy.

Archived