IGNORED

Port Vale

Pooki

It was a Port Vale game sometime in the 90's that we went into a pub beforehand to be met my bouncers saying 'The front bar is full, go through to the back but don't eat the food'. We went through and were plunged into the chavviest wedding reception of all time! They decided to do the speeches with us still there cheering them on. The main one I remember was a very drunk teenage girl going to the microphone and shouting 'Mum, Dad, I'm really happy you're getting back together and I promise I won't **** it up for you this time'. A strange awayday indeed.

I live literally 10 mins from the vale ground.....and the one weekend I am away all season is the coming weekend! I'm gutted, a couple of my good friends are vale and I normally go down with them. Typical! I also remember litas injury time goal, that was awesome as my friends left early and didn't know they had a draw until I met up with them in the pub after. Good times.

Vale Park was built as the Wembley of the north but never completed. I believe the ground capacity is still over 20,000 even now. Even though Stoke City have the largest number of nutters in the City, Vale still have a tidy firm. I would imagine they will be out and about for the City match and looking to make their mark. Their match against Wolves at Vale Park saw a lot of trouble inside and outside the ground.

Along with Stenhousemuir Port Vale has to be one of the more unusual names for a football club. And talking of the former i feel Vale are in for a right mauling too following Rangers' emphatic league win on Saturday.

Well I am just trying to big up the next game for our lads... Better than being a negative pack mingling warthog.

Will be driving down from Manchester for this, was thinking of train but good half hour away from ground is the nearest station I think.

I think there is a station in Burslem, if not there is one in Hanley and then you'll be able to get a bus to Vale Park for a couple of quid. Yes folks it is possible to have a cheap, reliable bus service in a City.

This is no idle threat either.

Vale are very active this year and have a core of 90 - 130 'regulars' who are quite 'determined' if you get my drift.

This game was pencilled in at the start of the year. Be very careful if coming by train.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/23-fans-arrested-violence-erupts-Port-Vale-v/story-19735603-detail/story.html

http://terracelife.co.uk/2013/04/12/york-city-v-port-vale-football-violence-condemned/

Why the hell should people have to be careful going anywhere by train?

Burslem will have it's idiots, the same as any town or city has it's idiots but it really doesn't need warnings to people.

With any luck, anybody at all trying to cause trouble will be arrested and that will be the end of it.

One day these people will wake up and realise that it's their actions that cause the police to be swarming all over football apparently spoiling their fun and they really should be ashamed of themselves etc. etc.

P.S. It's not called a 'tidy firm', it's called 'little boys getting a rush from acting hard'.

I think there is a station in Burslem, if not there is one in Hanley and then you'll be able to get a bus to Vale Park for a couple of quid. Yes folks it is possible to have a cheap, reliable bus service in a City.

Thanks for that may take the train, used the port vale away supporters section and they said nearest station was 30mins away and taxi or bus was best way from station.

Will have a look tonight which is best.

Only ground I've ever known where the home fans in one stand move seats at the interval to the half they are attacking, and then leave 5 minutes from the end to ensure they form a cordon around the exit to the away end, Mongs.

Yeah at first i thought it was funny cause they were vocal near us 1st half then buggered off up the other end and didnt hear a thing!

Archived