IGNORED

A Statement, Manifesto And An Article

thatcham red

If you read these in the following order, you will see a statement from the Supporters Club & Trust launching a new manifesto and posing some serious questions.

The manifesto is backed up with some of the things we have done to date and are looking to do in the future in collaboration with the football club and other supporter groups.

The article is the response to some of those questions from Jon Lansdown in an article published today.

Statement
http://tinyurl.com/o789kfh

Manifesto
http://tinyurl.com/q9w7ku8

Article

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/EXCLUSIVE-Bristol-City-vice-chairman-Jon-Lansdown/story-19947938-detail/story.html

Thanks for taking the time to read and I would welcome your views.

• Admin

Very interesting read, this is the sort of the thing that many supporters have been crying out for!

Well worded statement and manifesto, but I was wondering if this will be issued (posted) to all current SC/ST members? 

Reading this I do question why we need a Fans Parliament, is this not something that should be represented within SC/ST memberships?

There is already proof that FP reps are not responding to supporters, surely thie SC/ST is already a chosen representation of our fanbase, do we really need another group involved?

What is a little disappointing is the lack of the answers from Jan Lansdown in the Bristol Post report.

There is no actual answer, just a wooly response to

Can you clarify reporting lines for the management team and accountability at board level ?

What is the clubs vision for the future ? 

The answer to; Why did no board member take responsibility for the flawed implementation of the club's new ticketing policy? is completly avoided

Very interesting read, this is the sort of the thing that many supporters have been crying out for!

Well worded statement and manifesto, but I was wondering if this will be issued (posted) to all current SC/ST members?

Reading this I do question why we need a Fans Parliament, is this not something that should be represented within SC/ST memberships?

There is already proof that FP reps are not responding to supporters, surely thie SC/ST is already a chosen representation of our fanbase, do we really need another group involved?

What is a little disappointing is the lack of the answers from Jan Lansdown in the Bristol Post report.

Can you clarify reporting lines for the management team and accountability at board level ?

The answer to; Why did no board member take responsibility for the flawed implementation of the club's new ticketing policy? is completly avoided

A person lost his job because of it

I agree Phantom.  I really don't understand the role of the FP, especially as they don't really represent anyone apart from the individual that attends these meetings. I haven't seen any FP member canvassing for opinions on this board, which goes to show, who are they really representing?  I've always seen the "voice of the fans" as one that comes from the Supports Club & Trust.  In my opinion, the FP almost dilutes the hard work, and voice, of the SCT.  I get the feeling that the club invented the "fans parliment" to appease some fans, and fool them into thinking that the club are actually listening to what we're saying. 

IMO, the FP is more trouble than its worth.  The supports club & trust should be our voice, and our voice only.

FP rep basically told me I didn't like the way things were done I should have the balls to go to a meeting which is out of order. I have a young family which makes it hard to get to games. meetings or match?? that isn't representating fans as they are not looking for fans views thoroughly.

That's disgusting the whole point of the fp is to get the fans point across if a rep is ignoring you because you can't get to a meeting he should represent you if he has refused he should be removed from his post and a new rep voted in

I find the "One Voice" concept misplaced and rather sinister, in an Orwellian manner.

Why the obsession with being "one"? Quite obviously, the ST is not the single voice of fans, never has been and, hopefully, never will be.

A very valuable voice, maybe. But, how about a bit of pluralism, and some respect for the fans' parliament and individuals (who may or may not be members of the ST)?

Bad chocolate is better than no chocolate but no slogan is better than a misleading slogan.

That's like asking a guy to describe the worst oral sex he's had.

The answer is always; fantastic!

Bad chocolate is better than no chocolate but no slogan is better than a misleading slogan.

As you say yourself, the ST does not really intend to be the "One Voice" of Bristol City supporters, since it intends to work alongside other groups. If so, maybe a different slogan (or none at all) would be more appropriate?

The Trust originally ran with "Making your voice heard" but updated it on the merger to symbolise the coming together of the two organisations. When Sun Alliance merged with Royal Insurance they had a (naff) slogan of "Together we make some alliance". At some point we'll review whether the slogan is still appropriate. I take your point.

The Trust originally ran with "Making your voice heard" but updated it on the merger to symbolise the coming together of the two organisations. When Sun Alliance merged with Royal Insurance they had a (naff) slogan of "Together we make some alliance". At some point we'll review whether the slogan is still appropriate. I take your point.

Fair enough, Milo.

Best of luck with this.

Well worded statement and manifesto, but I was wondering if this will be issued (posted) to all current SC/ST members?

There is already proof that FP reps are not responding to supporters, surely thie SC/ST is already a chosen representation of our fanbase, do we really need another group involved?

The SCT does not represent the fan base any more so than the FP.

They are different groups putting forward the voice of fans. The FP had representatives from different stands.. Even grips within those stands giving their views and opinions/voice.. The SCT had a large picture remit.

Tour basically saying we have a government I don't see why we should vote for local councils, surely the government already do that job.

I agree Phantom. I really don't understand the role of the FP, especially as they don't really represent anyone apart from the individual that attends these meetings. I haven't seen any FP member canvassing for opinions on this board, which goes to show, who are they really representing? I've always seen the "voice of the fans" as one that comes from the Supports Club & Trust. In my opinion, the FP almost dilutes the hard work, and voice, of the SCT. I get the feeling that the club invented the "fans parliment" to appease some fans, and fool them into thinking that the club are actually listening to what we're saying.

IMO, the FP is more trouble than its worth. The supports club & trust should be our voice, and our voice only.

Why would the FP canvas on this board, it's ran by the SCT. If anyone uses the forum to canvas it should be them. The FP mainly represents individual groups (stands etc) if you have a concern your group does not get it's voice heard then join the FP... Instead of trying to shut down debate / democracy from various groups, and reduce it to just the SCT.

A sub section could easily been set up on OTIB for people to raise their points etc, how much easier can it be?

I attend meetings and represent people both professionally and in personal roles, if I sat back and waited for interaction I would get nowhere

That's a great idea. It would be good for OTIB to have an input into the Fans Parliament. Fancy being a delegate?

• Admin

That's a great idea. It would be good for OTIB to have an input into the Fans Parliament. Fancy being a delegate?

More than happy to help, I'm a moderator on OTIB and admin on Ziderheads, am sure both sites can have a section put into them where items that need to be raised can be entered, then with a visible two way communication everyone can see the outcome (assuming both site owners are ok to set this up? - I have sent a message to both sites)

Of course the other thing is it people want me to do this, don't want to appear to be "self appointing" or standing on anyone elses toes

Clearly there will be comments (like we used to see on the "ask Steve") that are not appropriate and not needed to be taken forward

If you read these in the following order, you will see a statement from the Supporters Club & Trust launching a new manifesto and posing some serious questions.

The manifesto is backed up with some of the things we have done to date and are looking to do in the future in collaboration with the football club and other supporter groups.

The article is the response to some of those questions from Jon Lansdown in an article published today.

Statement

http://tinyurl.com/o789kfh

Manifesto

http://tinyurl.com/q9w7ku8

Article

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/EXCLUSIVE-Bristol-City-vice-chairman-Jon-Lansdown/story-19947938-detail/story.html

Thanks for taking the time to read and I would welcome your views.

Good work. Well worth a read

The SCT does not represent the fan base any more so than the FP.

They are different groups putting forward the voice of fans. The FP had representatives from different stands.. Even grips within those stands giving their views and opinions/voice.. The SCT had a large picture remit.

Tour basically saying we have a government I don't see why we should vote for local councils, surely the government already do that job.

What about The Peoples Front of Judea?

Archived