IGNORED

Steve Cotterill [Merged + Poll]

KeepUpLino

452 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not sure I can think of any worse. A fair few on a par but not worse.

I'm getting very wound up about this whole Cotterill saga now. Very wound up.

I fear that you (and me) may very well be apoplectic in the near future...

... it's getting to the point that the rumours and momentum make it highly likely. :-(

Not sure I can think of any worse. A fair few on a par but not worse.

I'm getting very wound up about this whole Cotterill saga now. Very wound up.

I can imagine a chorus of "you don't know what you're doing" aimed at the directors box next home game if he is confirmed

My opinion of Cotterill is based on what a mate who played at Cheltenham for him told me about him.  Basically, he's meticulous, has a very up and at em attitude and is focused on individuals winning their one on one battles.  

Can someone intelligent explain to me his failures? He's not Dean Saunders.  He's not even an odious egomaniac like Colin, Hollowhead or Di Canio. He's a bloke from Cheltenham who has a decent career as a football manager. 

When he took over Cheltenham they were a Southern League side and he left them in this division, 3 promotions later.  He's managed at Championship level and kept a smaller club than us (Burnley) there over a number of seasons.  He managed to keep Portsmouth in the league when the club was disintegrating around him.  Working for the muppets we have in charge will seem like a doddle in comparison. If he can do a similar job for us as he did for Notts County I'll be pleased as will everyone on here.

My opinion of Cotterill is based on what a mate who played at Cheltenham for him told me about him.  Basically, he's meticulous, has a very up and at em attitude and is focused on individuals winning their one on one battles.  

Can someone intelligent explain to me his failures? He's not Dean Saunders.  He's not even an odious egomaniac like Colin, Hollowhead or Di Canio. He's a bloke from Cheltenham who has a decent career as a football manager. 

When he took over Cheltenham they were a Southern League side and he left them in this division, 3 promotions later.  He's managed at Championship level and kept a smaller club than us (Burnley) there over a number of seasons.  He managed to keep Portsmouth in the league when the club was disintegrating around him.  Working for the muppets we have in charge will seem like a doddle in comparison. If he can do a similar job for us as he did for Notts County I'll be pleased as will everyone on here.

I have no grudge about his ability to manage.

I do not like his style of football.  I can't abide the hoof.  And that is why it is a no from me.  And according to JL, that should rule him out anyway, unless he is spinning lines of BS like his father.

I have no grudge about his ability to manage.

I do not like his style of football.  I can't abide the hoof.  And that is why it is a no from me.  And according to JL, that should rule him out anyway, unless he is spinning lines of BS like his father.

Is the style of football one of the 5 pillars?

We've just dumped someone who talks a lot of common sense, and we're being linked with a manager who talks total bollux most of the time and his game plan appears to be built around hoof.  Hopefully this is a clear enough explanation of my concerns.

Words like frying pan and fire spring to mind if this does actually turn out to be true!

Maybe, but do you actually know ?  I don't actually know enough about him to be so negative, on the face of it he's been quite successful.  I didn't want Sean to leave btw.

I can imagine a chorus of "you don't know what you're doing" aimed at the directors box next home game if he is confirmed

Trouble is TRL what can we do?

I'm not the sort that could turn my back on the club. Perhaps I'm a bit wet behind the ears. Still this appointment would really make me angry.

Anyway, is his style of football really that bad or does his reputation go before him?

From what i have seen, which clearly isn't season after season of it,it looks ugly,  I have a couple of acquaintances who are Burnley fans who said there was a lot of physical football with a lot of punts.  Bloke in the office is a Cheltenham fan,loved the bloke, but said he had a tendency to get them hoofing, said his teams battle for him.

This team needs organising to stop the silly mistakes which keep happening. Cotterill is very good at organising sides, granted his style is not very easy on the eye but, right now, results are what we need.

Besides, whoever gets the bloody job wont be here for more than 18 months so, by the law of averages Cotterill will be in line for the job at some point because of the frequency we get through managers.

Trouble is TRL what can we do?

I'm not the sort that could turn my back on the club. Perhaps I'm a bit wet behind the ears. Still this appointment would really make me angry.

All you can do if you don't agree is make your feelings known, it works,it has worked in the past.  All depends how badly you feel about a situation.

I was clearly in a minority in bashing the Lansdown's in the last 3 or 4 years, so I would look a bit of a dick shouting by myself, so I stopped going, it seems people are starting to see the light, maybe one or two people showing their displeasure may start the ball rolling now?

This team needs organising to stop the silly mistakes which keep happening. Cotterill is very good at organising sides, granted his style is not very easy on the eye but, right now, results are what we need.

Besides, whoever gets the bloody job wont be here for more than 18 months so, by the law of averages Cotterill will be in line for the job at some point because of the frequency we get through managers.

Your secret is out Steve.

Cotterill out Screech in, hedging my bets here Steve.

All you can do if you don't agree is make your feelings known, it works,it has worked in the past. All depends how badly you feel about a situation.

I was clearly in a minority in bashing the Lansdown's in the last 3 or 4 years, so I would look a bit of a dick shouting by myself, so I stopped going, it seems people are starting to see the light, maybe one or two people showing their displeasure may start the ball rolling now?

The balls been rolling for 6 home games for me and 7 of my friends who are season ticket holders every year in Williams F. We stopped going and have been playing golf, spending time with our family's, beats watching that shit... We're just waiting for a change in mentality from the club, something to get us excited again. Clearly this won't be happening anytime soon.

The really sad thing is that 7 of us have been unable to give our season tickets away for any of these games, how tragic is that?

The balls been rolling for 6 home games for me and 7 of my friends who are season ticket holders every year in Williams F. We stopped going and have been playing golf, spending time with our family's, beats watching that shit... We're just waiting for a change in mentality from the club, something to get us excited again. Clearly this won't be happening anytime soon.

The really sad thing is that 7 of us have been unable to give our season tickets away for any of these games, how tragic is that?

that is laughable, and really tells you all you need to know.

I am enjoying my self imposed absence, I have got to 5 away games this season,and to be honest, i will stop that as well soon, especially if Cotterill is put in place,nothing against the bloke,I just am not prepared to waste petrol and money on tickets to put up with hoof it and hard running, that is not what football is about for me.

Why would it make you angry? Sorry but this antagonism makes no sense.

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong by Cotterill or any other manager I didn't want that got the job.

It would make me angry as it would show just how clueless the board are. Why say they want to stick to this new strategy, 5 pillars etc playing attractive football to employ a long ball merchant who has done an awful lot less then SoD has in management.

Cotterill made an absolute mess of a very good Forest side, nearly getting them relegated in the process. He has no previous or credentials that match what the board apparently want. Just what has he done to prove he is the man to oversee such a huge transition? To me it would go against everything the board has said in recent times, which in turn would show me that we are completely rudderless and only going one way.

Why make all these great plans and not stick to them and change direction after what? Less than a year?

Maybe, but do you actually know ?  I don't actually know enough about him to be so negative, on the face of it he's been quite successful.  I didn't want Sean to leave btw.

Neither did I.  

Even though it didn't actually materialise, at least Sean gave us the hope of good football to hang on to.  Unfortunately Steve Cotterell doesn't even offer that, so it seems a backward step to me.  Certainly blows any chance of us trying to 'do a Swansea' with him in charge, though we could maybe 'do a Wimbledon'!  

As someone else has already said, we're told we only replace players if we find someone better, but this would appear not to apply to managers, if this appointment does actually take place.  

that is laughable, and really tells you all you need to know.

I am enjoying my self imposed absence, I have got to 5 away games this season,and to be honest, i will stop that as well soon, especially if Cotterill is put in place,nothing against the bloke,I just am not prepared to waste petrol and money on tickets to put up with hoof it and hard running, that is not what football is about for me.

You know the really sad thing, the club must know how many season ticket holders aren't attending at the moment ( my guess would be a couple of thousand) and they continue to cover this up with our fake attendances.. They must know what a massive appointment this is, first and foremost an appointment to keep us in league one but secondly an appointment that will install new hope, a buzz, excitement... Personally I've forgot what these words mean!!

I'm more than happy to be proved wrong by Cotterill or any other manager I didn't want that got the job.

It would make me angry as it would show just how clueless the board are. Why say they want to stick to this new strategy, 5 pillars etc playing attractive football to employ a long ball merchant who has done an awful lot less then SoD has in management.

Cotterill made an absolute mess of a very good Forest side, nearly getting them relegated in the process. He has no previous or credentials that match what the board apparently want. Just what has he done to prove he is the man to oversee such a huge transition? To me it would go against everything the board has said in recent times, which in turn would show me that we are completely rudderless and only going one way.

Why make all these great plans and not stick to them and change direction after what? Less than a year?

I agree with what your saying about the decision to sack SoD and the ineptitude of the people who are 'in charge'..

I'm not sure I can go along with the statement that he made an absolute mess of a very good Forest side.  Steve MacLaren did that - Cotterill picked up his mess.  

I'll reserve judgement on Cotterill if indeed he is appointed. I have nothing against the man - would rather  trust the views of my mate who actually played under him over the majority on here who frankly have hardly watched his sides play let alone actually been managed by him.

Archived