IGNORED

Nelson Mandela

Roger Red Hat

It is well worth remembering, that for many of those 27 years, our great leader, Dame Baroness Thatcher's Gold of Grantham, kept South Africa ticking over and bread on the table of every impoverished South African by keeping it "business as usual." A source of great encouragement and solace to the former terrorist (for which crimes, we have graciously forgiven him) as he remained locked up for so long.

We can all recite from memories so rosy..

.....from our hearts and our souls this sour posey

the things we thought we heard in our lives so cosey

were they just a long lost memory...i supposee.............x

It is amazing that so many people on this website can believe the official line on Mandela. He was a terrorist as is Mugabe of Zimbabwe. He would have been released at any time if he had rejected violence and stopped the killing of whites. Perhaps you could explain why Winnie Mandela necklaced so many African kids

That was all just "a bit of singing and dancing." As one of our other great world statesmen put it, years ago. PW Botham, was it??

Mugabe is a **** of the highest order.Yes, he and Mandela were allies before both took office.However, one took the path of vengeance and retribution. The other took the path of forgiveness and united his country.The two men cannot be compared.

Mugabe was a "good" guy, who changed into a baddie. Mandela, the other way round

It is amazing that so many people on this website can believe the official line on Mandela. He was a terrorist as is Mugabe of Zimbabwe. He would have been released at any time if he had rejected violence and stopped the killing of whites. Perhaps you could explain why Winnie Mandela necklaced so many African kids

I think you need to step back a bit,go and read your history.

The club would like to announce that Mr Keith Dawe will make an official statement on this momentous loss, in a hastily arranged press conference in Keith's conservatory, at 11.30 pm. The statement will include the club's plan to hold a 27 minute silence, to mark Nelson Mandela's long imprisonment on Robin Island, at the next home game.

Wookey, I'm sure you would be more than happy to be treated as a second class person, I'm sure you would just sit on your hands and do nothing about it.

Some people won't accept injustice, some people have the balls to stand up to terrible wrongs.

I presume you think that Apartheid was a good thing?

A terrorist you say.  In the same way the French resistance were "terrorists" perhaps?

Mugabe is a **** of the highest order.

Yes, he and Mandela were allies before both took office.

However, one took the path of vengeance and retribution. The other took the path of forgiveness and united his country.

The two men cannot be compared.

If you were a black South African at the time of apartheid, and you were treated like utter s..., weren't allowed to vote, own property or get a decent education because of your race what would you do? If you had to resort to violence to lead a normal life because nothing else would work would you? They did what they did because they wanted something better that would not come any other way for them, they fought for, and got change.

If you were a black South African at the time of apartheid, and you were treated like utter s..., weren't allowed to vote, own property or get a decent education because of your race what would you do? If you had to resort to violence to lead a normal life because nothing else would work would you? They did what they did because they wanted something better that would not come any other way for them, they fought for, and got change.

I suggest you read my post above.

You are trying to start an argument with the wrong man, pal!

Bless you...great post

Glad we're all in agreement.

Incidentally, the end of the world on the east coast is now hardly a footnote in the news. Makes you realise that in this world of 24 hour headlines, everything is simply used to pad out the available time until something else comes along.

Glad we're all in agreement.

Incidentally, the end of the world on the east coast is now hardly a footnote in the news. Makes you realise that in this world of 24 hour headlines, everything is simply used to pad out the available time until something else comes along.

Best way of saying " Work tomorrow " ever

What rubbish.

Mandela would have been released from prison the moment he rejected violence and he refused to do so.

He preferred to carry on killing.

So are martyrs created

This has got to be the most crass and pathetic post I have ever read on here....and that really is saying something.

I hope you wake up and realise what a complete and utter idiot you have made yourself out to be.

I don't know whether to feel embarrassed for you or sorry for you.

A highly emotive topic and feelings will be no doubt alligned to ideology and political ideology.

Mandela no doubt saw disgraceful, unjustifiable treatment during his reign... But from where I'm at during my time in life I don't condone a lot of his actions.

Feelings run high on either side and I think for right now a lot are best left unsaid. Those detractors have their reasonable issues and those supporters their reasonable condolences.

A man has lost his life and that alone is a tragedy.

Archived