IGNORED

Abuse From Tamworth Crowd

Murraysrightplum

Anyone notice right before half time (46 mins or so) JET had a little run into the box and lost the ball behind for a goal kick. The Tamworth lot gave him some stick for it, and the JET turned round pretty angrily and said something that sounded like "You're racist" or "you racist ****" (couldn't quite make it out). Then I clearly heard someone shout "aaaaaaaahhhhhhh, you're black"

Something definitely went on there, judging by JET's angry reaction and what I heard. Anyone still got it on Sky+?

What is always puzzling is that their team has several black lads in as well, surely they can't be that moronic not to notice that? Or maybe they are...

Most of them don't support Tamworth they only "follow" them or merely there for the cameras, So incredibly harsh if anyone labels them as Tamworth fans

None of the stuff I'm hearing about Tamworth be it the baiting of the commentators, the racist abuse or the cheap and drunken cheerfulness of another defeat really surprises me. I worked there for a while. It's a very backward, primitive place verging on the neanderthal. Typical unattractive mixture of arrogance, bigotry and paranoia.

None of the stuff I'm hearing about Tamworth be it the baiting of the commentators, the racist abuse or the cheap and drunken cheerfulness of another defeat really surprises me. I worked there for a while. It's a very backward, primitive place verging on the neanderthal. Typical unattractive mixture of arrogance, bigotry and paranoia.

Think Swindon?

They seemed to be giving him a lot of abuse for his off-target efforts in the first half and I'd just said I'd love it if he bangs one in from 40 yards and hey-presto!  Surprised he didn't give it the old cupped ears in front of them.

Definitely remember seeing him shouting indiscriminately about something but no idea what.

Surely there'd have been a complaint put in if there was racist abuse going on?     

Given that as far as I'm aware neither JET or the club has made any complaint or even commented on this alleged remark, I think we should all be very careful before we accuse Tamworth fan(s) of making rcaist remarks. As another poster said it is possible something different but similar sounding was said, and I for one wouldn't be happy at being labelled a racist without hard evidence.

Hope you were n't working for the Tamworst tourist board !

When he shouted F off was a different time I think. The one I'm talking about was right before half time and he clearly turned quickly round to the crowd like he was reacting to something and shouted something back at them that sounded like "you racist". Pretty sure it wasn't F off though

I agree we should be cautious about what we accuse people of (that's why I didn't put the word racist in the thread title), and I'm hopeful if there was racist abuse JET would have reported it - maybe he didn't care(?)

Someone definitely said "Ahhh you're black" though. I rewound it and listened again and it wasn't "you're crap"

When he shouted F off was a different time I think. The one I'm talking about was right before half time and he clearly turned quickly round to the crowd like he was reacting to something and shouted something back at them that sounded like "you racist". Pretty sure it wasn't F off though

I agree we should be cautious about what we accuse people of (that's why I didn't put the word racist in the thread title), and I'm hopeful if there was racist abuse JET would have reported it - maybe he didn't care(?)

Someone definitely said "Ahhh you're black" though. I rewound it and listened again and it wasn't "you're crap"

Pretty bizarre thing to say. Not exactly abuse, more like stating the bleeding obvious.

Did he follow it up with: "aaaaah the grass is green"?

Well it is stating the obvious and probably JET couldn't give 2 shits if someone called him black, But the argument is there that if you are pointing out someone's colour in an obvious derogatory way then it is racist.

If someone shouted ahhh you're white at me I wouldn't care, but I'm not sure it's quite the same thing.

Anyway don't want to get into a discussion about what's racist and what's not as it's been done to death before...

Archived