Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ciderbeans

Official Match Day Thread - Bristol City Vs Rotherham

it says far more about the players than the manager.

But if he can't motivate them in his first home game?

Be interesting to see how they come out second half, if it doesn't improve then I really don't think SC will cut it. It should be easy to get a reaction here. Easy.

There is no doubt this team can come back from 2 down.. we have shown how we can fight back, albeit not often.

That said not sure how we do that, other than by luck, if we hoof it up to a little guy. So if that is what SO'D was doing (according to many posters on match days) I guess we can say that he is following the 'seamless transition' the board fed us for the managerial change. 

First half has proved how much we need Marlon Pack. Elliott way past it. If Cots wants to play Elliott and Gillet cm, leave out Reid (which goes against our youth policy), play long ball to JET/Baldock, and okay Parish instead of FF then we will stay in the relegation zone all season

Marvin has been our best player.

That's actually embarrassing. But true.

it says far more about the players than the manager.

100% agree.

Their ears are going to be ringing in around 1 minutes time - this bloke aint like SOD, he'll tell them exactly how it is and what he thinks of them.

Will it make a difference ?

Maybe, if so, why ?

If not, why not ?

At this rate I can see an attendance around 5,000 not too far away (not including ST holders out shopping at Cribbs Causeway or watering the garden).

But if he can't motivate them in his first home game?

Be interesting to see how they come out second half, if it doesn't improve then I really don't think SC will cut it. It should be easy to get a reaction here. Easy.

Come on JT that is nonsense, the clue word is professional, if they are doing what you claim that is unacceptable, i'm sure your dad set some rules you didn't like.

At this rate I can see an attendance around 5,000 not too far away (not including ST holders out shopping at Cribbs Causeway or watering the garden).

No. There will be two men and a hedgehog and the announcer will still say 10,500.

Spoilt overpaid kids then, sack the ******* lot of them, I think you might find they are employees.

Employees on fixed-term contracts.

Should never have sacked SOD. We played well against Orient and the defence looked organised. Today the players Cotteril has picked dont work and neither does the system. Early days but I believe the sacking was at totally the wrong time and we needed to stick with someone for some time.

Jet is tbe the only player with any real ability. When be goes watching city really will be the most depressing affair. Worst I've ever seen us.

Wonder what the Sheikh is making of this....

He'll be on the mat over this..

Should never have sacked SOD. We played well against Orient and the defence looked organised. Today the players Cotteril has picked dont work and neither does the system. Early days but I believe the sacking was at totally the wrong time and we needed to stick with someone for some time.

They players SC has picked are the same as what SOD was using.

Guys stop throwing your bile at the manager, why are the players immune to critisim. Pussies and cowards the lot of them

9 ****** wins in eleven months suggest he was overdue the boot....next.

Just gunna add that according to the Beeb we are 56% possession winners vs their 44%

Clearly we are the worst of all time, yadda yadda yadda, 

We are allowed to stop putting the boot in and see what happens going forward. Dont need the boot in all the time like, just saying.

PS relegation has been on the cards for a few months So isnt actually a new thing. Rather than going crazy over a dead cat bounce, lets see what happens?

Spoilt overpaid kids then, sack the ******* lot of them, I think you might find they are employees.

I share your frustration squire but the fact remains we are all human and when you change your manager so frequently it is the hardest thing to buy into a totally new way of doing things let alone a 'seamless transition' i keep banging on about that the board fed us when this change was made... nobody believed that except perhaps the clueless board themselves.

I share your frustration squire but the fact remains we are all human and when you change your manager so frequently it is the hardest thing to buy into a totally new way of doing things let alone a 'seamless transition' i keep banging on about that the board fed us when this change was made... nobody believed that except perhaps the clueless board themselves.

This is often true.  You'd hope one of those new things would bring something positive though.  Its a waterfall effect this is.

It's like playing a game of chess without any of the good pieces.

When will we realise the manager is irrelevant when the payers are lacking any basic form of talent

I thought we were hoofing it? If you are saying we have a team full of pawns surely the analogy would mean we are playing like barca or arsenal? In fact we have a board full of bishops; diagonal hoof balls perhaps? or maybe knights.. straight down the middle?

Ah I get it, let's allow the players to elect the next coach, one that they will act professionally for, a democracy just like Cuba, that'll work.

I thought we were hoofing it? If you are saying we have a team full of pawns surely the analogy would mean we are playing like barca or arsenal? In fact we have a board full of bishops; diagonal hoof balls perhaps? or maybe knights.. straight down the middle?

sideways moves for our little darlin's bless their ickle cotton socks...

Ah I get it, let's allow the players to elect the next coach, one that they will act professionally for, a democracy just like Cuba, that'll work.

No. Just stop bloody fiddling with it. It's like trying to make your computer work by hitting it with a hammer.

This is often true.  You'd hope one of those new things would bring something positive though.  Its a waterfall effect this is.

You mean a new manager usually gives a 'bump' effect? Like people refer to as the gorilla effect.. put a gorilla in charge and you would have a bump in results that is.

Well, we are BCFC, and we don't do things in a straightforward manner do we. And, frankly, it should tell us that the players are totally turned off by the sacking of SO'D and the appointment of SC probably in equal measure... we will know this more convincingly over about 3-4 games although the initial signs seem fairly convincing already.

And havin the meeting in a local hostelry or club for professional finishing..

What happened???

Some mates decided to leave at half time so decided to go back to the pub with them... Seen about 12 lads fighting with the door staff. According to blokes on the door they were Rotherham.

No. Just stop bloody fiddling with it. It's like trying to make your computer work by hitting it with a hammer.

Or throwing it out of the window when we go 4-0 down again... :whistle:

Some mates decided to leave at half time so decided to go back to the pub with them... Seen about 12 lads fighting with the door staff. According to blokes on the door they were Rotherham.

Nutters. Wonder where they been hiding all day!!!