IGNORED

Official Match Day Thread - Bristol City Vs Rotherham

ciderbeans

Glad I've had to miss this.

It sounds a lot worse than recent games (Sheffield apart).

I expected us to lose this game by 2 goals minimum and said so in another thread the other day, but I did expect a fight of it......still time I suppose.

No fight whatsoever. Players look like they don't care? I don't know that they've bought into SC? That's conjecture of course.

It seems SC has failed in his first job of motivating the players though.

Flint is scarily bad. Carey needs to come on.

Of course I partially blame it on Singapore Betting Syndicates;

There is no chance this team is not good enough to be competing at the correct end of this table. Unless of course SO'D has totally lost his ability to find good players on a budget and through wheeling and dealing.

I also blame it, obviously, on - duhhh - too many managerial changes... it has totally shattered what ALL footballers need; confidence. 

If SL wants to pay for my flight home I will willingly sit down with him one to one and ask him this:-

Steve, why do the current city board treat the average City supporter like we are a bit thick?; trying to tell us you want a seamless transition of football style to maintain the 5 pillars is frankly disingenuous to the extreme? A lot of people do not believe anything your board says anymore and few respect them.

First half has proved how much we need Marlon Pack. Elliott way past it. If Cots wants to play Elliott and Gillet cm, leave out Reid (which goes against our youth policy), play long ball to JET/Baldock, and okay Parish instead of FF then we will stay in the relegation zone all season

There is no doubt this team can come back from 2 down.. we have shown how we can fight back, albeit not often.

That said not sure how we do that, other than by luck, if we hoof it up to a little guy. So if that is what SO'D was doing (according to many posters on match days) I guess we can say that he is following the 'seamless transition' the board fed us for the managerial change. 

First half has proved how much we need Marlon Pack. Elliott way past it. If Cots wants to play Elliott and Gillet cm, leave out Reid (which goes against our youth policy), play long ball to JET/Baldock, and okay Parish instead of FF then we will stay in the relegation zone all season

Marvin has been our best player.

That's actually embarrassing. But true.

But if he can't motivate them in his first home game?

Be interesting to see how they come out second half, if it doesn't improve then I really don't think SC will cut it. It should be easy to get a reaction here. Easy.

Come on JT that is nonsense, the clue word is professional, if they are doing what you claim that is unacceptable, i'm sure your dad set some rules you didn't like.

Archived