IGNORED

Baldock Today

BITW

Was it just me or did Baldock look into the Atyeo when celebrating his second and seem to say "**** off"...

I highly doubt it! He's not that sort if character.

More likely saying "******* get in" or something along those lines.

Oh, and for what it's worth, according to the stats Baldock has scored 20.6% of his shots this season.

In comparison to the top premier league scorers, Aguero is a wee bit more clinical at 28%, whereas Suarez is 25.9%. Not exactly ground breaking is it. Looks like they both have plenty of efforts that don't result in goals too, the difference is their teams are challenging for the premier league whilst we are languishing at the bottom of division 3. No one would be talking about this if we had conceded fewer and got more points on the board.

Not interested in the Premier League?

How about our own league then. Let's look at those who have scored more than Baldock:

Ryan Lowe - 42%

Britt Assombalonga - 23.2%

Sam Baldock - 20.6%

Leon Clarke - 20%

Nakhi Wells - 19.2%

Callum Wilson - 18.9%

Patrick Bamford - 16.9%

Clayton Donaldson - 16.8%

What does this tell us? Lowe (bit of a freak stat, that one) is well ahead of the trend in terms of clinical finishing, but of the others, only Assombalonga has been more clinical than Baldock this season.

Funnily enough, Patrick Bamford and Nakhi Wells - both mentioned in this thread as prolific strikers and both transferred to a higher league - have been less prolific than Baldock this season.

Don't know about Lowe, does he take penalties, have Tranmere had a lot of them? He's had an incredibly low number of shots compared to others.

I thank you for this. Someone finally brought relevant stats to the table and should be enough to close this topic.

Yes Baldock misses chances but so do other strikers that are apparently rated on here

I thank you for this. Someone finally brought relevant stats to the table and should be enough to close this topic.

Yes Baldock misses chances but so do other strikers that are apparently rated on here

It's not that Baldock misses chances, it's 'the' chances he's missed'n

Stats that are completely irrelevant because it fails to highlight how good the chances were.

Just listened to the fella on Player. Deeply upset by missed chances. Still got us a point. Top bloke, will rip a new ass when has a taste of his confidence back

Excruciating interview, he still looked haunted by the missed header.

no there is a 6 page thread because idiots like you bowie and taylor10 are making him a scapegoat like you always do

first it was Johnson then Elliot, fontaine now its baldock its as if city fans want to destroy players simply because they are jealous of them and their ability

The problems with all four that you mention is the same thing, all haven't good enough for a very long time.

Baldock has never to date proven his value, or his worth or his reputation as to why we signed him

Elliott - miles past his best but realistically won't be here beyond this season

Fontaine - see above.   One of the most unprofessional players I've seen at City in a long time, Will go down alongside the likes of Baird and Steve Jones based on their professionalism.

Johnson - Was out of his depth in the championship and no english league club manager other than his dad every signed him or give him a contract

as for wanting to destroy players, not in the slightest.  I don't boo them in the ground or give them stick at the games like those in the East End and Atyeo were doing.

But after the game you look at a player and some you can quite clearly point at being not good enough, 

Saw the interview yesterday and it was the same kinda interview as 12months ago, a bloke lacking confidence, 

just another wasteful striker passing through who will soon be gone, not fit to lace the boots of the likes of Taylor, Goater or Thorpe.

No not his fault, however, I bet he's being paid to be a 1m striker .

Still not his fault, but if his goals get us out of this crap then fair enough!

Just think, if we had a defense that kept a clean sheet now and then and Baldock kept scoring he would be your hero :worship2:

Still not his fault, but if his goals get us out of this crap then fair enough!

Okay that is BS, He asked for the wages as would any player, So he has to live up to the wages he is on, That he wanted, Which I believe are high championship low prem wages!!

If we could swap Baldock for let's say Wieman, Similar player and similar wages who would swap? I certainly would

Okay that is BS, He asked for the wages as would any player, So he has to live up to the wages he is on, That he wanted, Which I believe are high championship low prem wages!!

If we could swap Baldock for let's say Wieman, Similar player and similar wages who would swap? I certainly would

Spot on, if your paid a certain amount then you have to earn your bunce, it's no different in any profession.

Baldock was signed because at the time we had so called players around him that were supposed to help us do well in the championship.

Not his fault that the managers were not up to it.

So onto the next match and see how many he scores or misses.

But im sure if he does score a one onto one, another player will get it.

Spot on, if your paid a certain amount then you have to earn your bunce, it's no different in any profession.

I think it's only Corleone that thinks he's not good at this level (his opinion I'm fine with that) It's just that the money we paid for him (Not his fault admittedly) And the wages he's on (which he would've requested so is his fault) he needs to be a High championship/low prem quality striker and we haven't seen that since Cardiff home last year.

That is why many are disappointed as they feel he should have scored the easier chances he's had this season, If he had he'd be on 20-30 already!!

But for 20k a week I'm sure you can find a striker in the prem on that, Like Weiman at Villa, Becchio at Norwich. Then Championship you have Ings, Vokes, That new Forest striker

I'm saying for the wages he's on he should show more quality with the ball in front of goal

What are his wages? From snippets from managers and board members many took a near on 50% hit after relegation.

I have no clue what he is on as I have no access to his payslip, bank account or works accounts.

What are his wages? From snippets from managers and board members many took a near on 50% hit after relegation.

I have no clue what he is on as I have no access to his payslip, bank account or works accounts.

I'm just going by

Dropping down a division to join us, Already on a fair bit at West Ham, Beating Charlton and Palace to him who had bids accepted

I would be surprised if he was on less than 15k p/w last year and Less than 10k this year

But my point still stands, He asked for the wages, He should be able to play to those standards

I don't understand this prolific rubbish that keeps coming up. He has never ever been prolific. Maybe this is why people expect more. His 2 goals at the weekend has just equalled his best ever season. Which suggests to me he is improving as a goal scorer and making more chances for himself.

You have to avoid Stockhausen's poetic licence!

Archived