IGNORED

Sack Him

Randy Marsh

You people give the mangers role too much credit, the players are shit, that's why we lose all the time.

If Wenger was boss, we would lose

If Rodgers was boss, we would lose

If Martinez was boss, we would lose

If Mouriniho was boss, we would lose

You will never win games if you can't keep it out of the net. 5 managers haven't grasped that fact.

Its obvious that a condition of him taking the job, was for him to be given long term job security.  He asked for and was given a 3 and a half year contract, which is absurd, irresponsible and reckless.  Lansdown makes money hand over fist from his investment company, so presumably he felt that if (and inevitabley when) it once again went inexorably wrong, he was prepared to pay up Cotterills contract.                                                                                           Instead of wasting money on a succession of extremely average and below standard managers, why doesn't he appoint someone who knows football, (Lansdown knows finance and investment......but hasn't a clue about football) to bring in a manager who can introduce a decent standard of play, and knows the transfer market.            Cotterill appears to be a chancer, who has got lucky, his team selection tonight clearly shows him to "Not have a clue"............I feel for all the die hard fans who paid good money to watch this dross on a wet Tuesday night.   They deserve better than the sub standard product provided by the current side.          Double Post...Sorry

its all very sad isnt it....your quite right about false economy..the board have failed to learn from their mistakes how many times????you can wait for the cows to come home before they do.to never learn-what does that say????.not very bright would be the simple conclusion.  

This is probably a thread made in jest, but we all knew this was going to happen. Two of the most dreadful games of football I've ever seen (and that's saying something as a City fan) have ocurred over the last two games.

Sacking O'Driscoll was stupid enough, but to replace him with Cotterill was a new level of stupidity, as many people said at the time. Knowing our luck, this will be the manager the board finally decide to back for the long-term, despite sacking better managers without giving them the time to build their own team, philosophy - despite the board promising they would back them beforehand.

Untrue. We create chances, we didn't do that under SOD however defensively we are just as poor, however as long as people keep blaming the manager we will never succeed.

You people give the mangers role too much credit, the players are shit, that's why we lose all the time.

You will never win games if you can't keep it out of the net. 5 managers haven't grasped that fact.

You are implicitly suggesting SC is getting the best from these players.

Is he?

Funny how the waste of space players never get the sand level of stick,I'm fed up with people blaming manager after manager. Something is rotten in this club and no succession of managers will change that

Well, when investment and recruitment of both players and managers has been absolutely crap for 4 or so seasons now, this is then end result. Big wage bill with below par players, how many clubs have we watched do this and suffer 1 - 2 relegation's. Well, now its our turn to suffer the wrath of incompetence!

At least if we had Jose Mourinho then the East End singers could do that delightful Chelsea chant. It goes something like this.....

F+++ Off David Moyes

Wenger touches boys

We've got Mouriniho

We've got Mouriniho :P

Yes - until Lansdown comes to his senses and appoints a decent manager - or sacks the board, who couldn't run a bath, let alone a professional football club. How many times has he now got it wrong?

Who is a decent manager?

SOD, praised by Rodgers and Wenger.

Johnson, operating in the league above.

McInnes, 2nd in the SPL and in a cup final.

Who knows...!

If it was martinez we'd win the league.. I don't even care that man is a god!

The majority of our players are sh*t and that is why we're on the verge of division 4!

Regardless of formation or tactics it's basic football they can't even accomplish, a lot of the standard of passing and decision making just makes me go berzerk!

Every time it seems I leave Ashton Gate I feel frustrated and let down.... but we can't just sack the players can we!

It doesn't matter who manages us... It doesn't matter who plays for us... It's a constant spiral downwards.

We actually have decent players in our squad... players who would most likely do well at other Clubs.

Managers come to us with a decent record, then fail here, then move on and do relatively well again.

The club is poison...

The one constant that doesn't change is the owner, board, the fans and city of Bristol.

Something deeper is the problem.

He has to be given 2 years. No one can build success in a couple of months. History shows long term managers succeed

I'd give him two years...............at Lilleshall or in Spain...........learning how to coach a football team, rather than talk about one.........in fact I'd give him two years anywhere as long as it wasn't Ashton Gate.

Who is a decent manager?

SOD, praised by Rodgers and Wenger.

Johnson, operating in the league above.

McInnes, 2nd in the SPL and in a cup final.

Who knows...!

seriously though, who do you suggest?

To be honest I have no idea, but I've always said that we need a PROVEN manager with previous REAL success under his belt (not 'flash-in-the-pan' stuff), a good tactical awareness and a good man-manager.  Off the top of my head, I think Nigel Adkins would be a good shout.

This is probably a thread made in jest, but we all knew this was going to happen. Two of the most dreadful games of football I've ever seen (and that's saying something as a City fan) have ocurred over the last two games.

Sacking O'Driscoll was stupid enough, but to replace him with Cotterill was a new level of stupidity, as many people said at the time. Knowing our luck, this will be the manager the board finally decide to back for the long-term, despite sacking better managers without giving them the time to build their own team, philosophy - despite the board promising they would back them beforehand.

By many accounts he was wanted by our silent Chairman for some while so you may very well be right there squire. At least we may finally obtain some stability.. in which league is anybody's guess!

At this rate we are going down and in the summer , regardless of cost half of this squad need their contracts ripping off. No point waiting a year or so for them to be out of contract, pay them up and concentrate on the youth. Our youngsters aren't that bad and in they can't be effective in League One or League Two, then they should never have got contracts at an academy of a Championship club which is where we were when the majority joined us.

Oh and as for SC, I thought it was a dire appointment at the time, he has absolutely no idea what he is doing. Doesn't know his best formation or even how to get a team playing simple football.

To think Warnock offered his services for 6 months and the disgrace of our board opted for SC instead, just about sums up everything that is wrong with this club.

Steve Lansdown for someone who has made a living out of handling peoples money with investments clearly has no respect or sense with his own money as all he is doing is wasting it time and time again and never learning from the same mistakes. 

What I would give for Gary Johnson back at the helm right now !

City had approx 50 applications for the manager's job when SoD was sacked. It would be really interesting to see the list just to know how many good managers didn't even get an interview.

What list ? Cotts wasn't even given an interview. They sacked SOD as Cotts had been tapped up.

The new hate campaign starts now with SC.  Any anger that you have please feel free to come and off load it on the fans forum and direct it at  Steve Cottrell , Steve Landsdown, Lee Johnson.  If we would have won last night, regardless of the performance, many of the above posts would not be posted.   The forum is unreadable most of the time due to ill informed posts, or lack of a decent subject matter.  Often while reading this forum I am amazed at what I read.  One of the biggest problems this club has is the amount of rubbish posted on this forum, so could one of these deep routed problems that people are hell bent on looking for be the supporters it's self.  Just a thought!

The new hate campaign starts now with SC. Any anger that you have please feel free to come and off load it on the fans forum and direct it at Steve Cottrell , Steve Landsdown, Lee Johnson. If we would have won last night, regardless of the performance, many of the above posts would not be posted. The forum is unreadable most of the time due to ill informed post, or lack of a decent subject matter. One of the biggest problems this club has is the amount of rubbish posted on this forum, so could one of these deep routed problems that people are hell bent on looking for be the supporters it's self. Just a thought!

What a load of rubbish.

One of the biggest problems?

What makes you think we are worse than any other details of fans?

The club as a whole has been incompetent for years and deserve vociferous criticism. The board, the manager and the players should now show their talent, if they have any.

For the most part the posts are readable and justified, whether in agreement or not. Take out the flowery language immediately post match and I think we're a measured bunch.

What a load of rubbish.

One of the biggest problems?

What makes you think we are worse than any other details of fans?

The club as a whole has been incompetent for years and deserve vociferous criticism. The board, the manager and the players should now show their talent, if they have any.

For the most part the posts are readable and justified, whether in agreement or not. Take out the flowery language immediately post match and I think we're a measured bunch.

It was more of a question really.  I am not sure if we are or not.

One of the factors of any football clubs that will always be there are the supporters.  Well some anyway, I know many who walked away years ago. 

Measured thought processes mean thinking about something prior to speaking.  I do not see much of that on here.  In fact I would say that  its the total opposite.  This forum reads to me at times reads like a place to come and vent anger and frustrations over anything regarding the club   

So after a few months in charged the sack him calls have started.  I am not sure of the age of the posters here, but it sounds like something an upset 15 year old would say. 

This forum use to make for an excellent read post match.  Sadly those posters seem to not post here anymore.  Mind you I am talking about 12 years ago or so. 

It was more of a question really. I am not sure if we are or not.

One of the factors of any football clubs that will always be there are the supporters. Well some anyway, I know many who walked away years ago.

Measured thought processes mean thinking about something prior to speaking. I do not see much of that on here. In fact I would say that its the total opposite. This forum reads to me at times reads like a place to come and vent anger and frustrations over anything regarding the club

So after a few months in charged the sack him calls have started. I am not sure of the age of the posters here, but it sounds like something a upset 15 year old would say.

This forum use to make for an excellent read post match. Sadly those posters seem to not post here anymore. Mind you I am talking about 12 years ago of so.

Whilst I might disagree with you, your post is reasoned and measured.

See what I mean...

Archived