IGNORED

Sack Him

Randy Marsh

I can't be arsed to read this thread, but I hope the posters calling for Cotterill to be sacked are not the same people who slagged off the board when they sacked O'Driscoll because "the club needs stability, not changing managers every few months".

That really would be the grossest form of hypocrisy, don't you think...  :whistle2:

I was at both Coventry games. We played much better at their place when they had some decent strikers as well. Last night was just plain awful for over an hour before finally we had a go.

As for sacking SC - I would never have appointed him but you can't go sacking someone so soon even if he is a terrible manager. You never know, he might turn it around...

I wasn't at last night's game but was at Coventry away.At that game Coventry scored at will and we may as well have not had a defence.

I can't be arsed to read this thread, but I hope the posters calling for Cotterill to be sacked are not the same people who slagged off the board when they sacked O'Driscoll because "the club needs stability, not changing managers every few months".

That really would be the grossest form of hypocrisy, don't you think... :whistle2:

I totally agree, but I've a horrible suspicion that at least some of them are the ones who called for O'Driscoll's head and McInnes' before that.

Oh and please tell me what was so despicable about my post.

And maybe the poster could explain why he would say something so offensive about somebody he has never met as well.

I'm unrepentant, are you fans or do you think like that poster it's ok to been downright rude and have a go at our manager before he's even been given a chance.

....the manager's job at BCFC is a poison chalice hence my current signature. Despite all the diatribe about most of the players being at higher than Div 1 standard they aren't otherwise we'd be near the top of Div 1 not near the bottom. Whatever manager is put in place he'll need decent players to take the club onwards and upwards and the best of the players from last season have left for higher ranked clubs. I think Steve Cotterill could do a good job here but I doubt if he'll be given the chance.

There have been at least 6-8 posters using every opportunity to call Cotterill thick, an idiot, brainless, and worse, from day one.

I've never known such a sustained vitriol and name calling on here against a manager, or such abuse after such a short period.

It's not justified, and I'm not surprised one poster has finally come to his defence by taking one of the ranting name callers to task, and fired a volley back.

If you live by the sword etc., and perhaps the original poster will now have some regrets about his unpleasant outburst against City's manager.

Or is it OK for posters to personally abuse Cotterill, but somehow not acceptable for someone to challenge those unpleasant personal comments?

Aah the pensioner card. Been waiting for that.

So the guy can slag off a decent hard working bloke, with pure vitriol, and expect immunity under the elderly code. Sorry don't buy that and I hope when/if I'm 70 plus I don't expect it either.

Your man bigged himself up as being:

- "in business" and

- a manager and

- intelligent

and described the bloke that is statistically turning this club around and trust me working his balls off, as thick, thick, thick.

Yes, very classy.

Get out the kitchen if you don't like the heat.

Nick, you have mentioned a couple of times about "hearing good things" and SC working hard.

Would you care to share what you've heard? I am totally undecided about SC currently willing to give him time but would be interested to hear what you've heard

There have been at least 6-8 posters using every opportunity to call Cotterill thick, an idiot, brainless, and worse, from day one.

I've never known such a sustained vitriol and name calling on here against a manager, or such abuse after such a short period.

It's not justified, and I'm not surprised one poster has finally come to his defence by taking one of the ranting name callers to task, and fired a volley back.

If you live by the sword etc., and perhaps the original poster will now have some regrets about his unpleasant outburst against City's manager.

Or is it OK for posters to personally abuse Cotterill, but somehow not acceptable for someone to challenge those unpleasant personal comments?

Well written. To me it seems that Steve Cotterill represents the last chance of saving this club from the abyss of the Gas infested Div 2 bottom tier of English football. Steve Cotterill has inherited a disjointed side with decent individual players (on paper anyway) that don't seem to function properly as a team. He's running out of games to put things right and I certainly wouldn't like his job at the moment. Anyway, good luck Steve Cotterill.

Nick, you have mentioned a couple of times about "hearing good things" and SC working hard.

Would you care to share what you've heard? I am totally undecided about SC currently willing to give him time but would be interested to hear what you've heard

I hope NickJ can answer you on that. Let's remember that Steve Cotterill has not done a Steve Coppell and thrown the towel in and walked away. It should be obvious to everyone that there are very deep seated problems at this football club and that's why the club is in freefall.

One thing we do know is that Cotterill is at his desk by 6.50 am every day and doesn't leave the ground until well into the evening.

No doubt then that he's a hard worker who is putting in the hours to try and turn this club round.

One thing we do know is that Cotterill is at his desk by 6.50 am every day and doesn't leave the ground until well into the evening.

No doubt then that he's a hard worker who is putting in the hours to try and turn this club round.

Terry Cooper worked hard like that and Terry Cooper did turn the club around in pretty spectacular style. :thumbsup:  The omens are good. :D

I have to respect confidence.

Don't misunderstand, I have no great secrets, just snippets, but nevertheless first hand snippets.

I won't go into detail, I will just say, I was appalled at just what a dour and miserable**** the previous manager was, and ergo in all probability a shit manager of people. I'd never have said that at the time on here, but it would have been obvious from my posts that although I wanted him to succeed, I knew he wouldn't.

Equally, I have only been impressed by everything I have heard about this one. 

I have to respect confidence.

Don't misunderstand, I have no great secrets, just snippets, but nevertheless first hand snippets.

I won't go into detail, I will just say, I was appalled at just what a dour and miserable **** the previous manager was, and ergo in all probability a shit manager of people. I'd never have said that at the time on here, but it would have been obvious from my posts that although I wanted him to succeed, I knew he wouldn't.

Equally, I have only been impressed by everything I have heard about this one. 

Are you telling us that SOD was a Wolves Yam Yam full of Yam while Steve Cotterill is of better pedigree because he's West Country like us ??????!!!!!! :D

I wasn't at last night's game but was at Coventry away.At that game Coventry scored at will and we may as well have not had a defence.

And we scored at will too and Baldock missed some good chances too.

It was a much better game and much more entertaining that last nights game. Same result granted but the original poster has claimed that our recent performances are 'much better' which simply isn't true when comparing the reverse fixtures.

Are you the same Nick J who has begun another thread by calling SOD a "*******weirdo"?.

The words 'standards' and 'double' spring to mind.

See my post after your reply.

I wouldn't have said that while he was here. Unlike some I have integrity and respect and SUPPORT for whoever is the current City manager.

But now he's gone with his million pound pay off and is nothing to us, yes, the previous manager was ******* strange.

See my post after your reply.

I wouldn't have said that while he was here. Unlike some I have integrity and respect and SUPPORT for whoever is the current City manager.

But now he's gone with his million pound pay off and is nothing to us, yes, the previous manager was ******* strange.

So, it's OK for you to call SOD a '****** weirdo", but when another poster calls SC "thick" that justifies you giving him a torrent of abuse??

So, it's OK for you to call SOD a '****** weirdo", but when another poster calls SC "thick" that justifies you giving him a torrent of abuse??

Please repeat verbatim the "torrent of abuse" I gave, and compare verbatim with the abuse given by the other poster, and let me know which you think is worse.

I think we all need to calm down a  little ...Yes ?

Back to the topic, I would just like to know who these "Sack SC" people would like to see next then ?

Your all nuts he has signed a 3.5 year deal so the sack im afraid is not going to happen any time soon, and neither should it, quite how you can all blame SC or even SOD I don't understand.

Both took charge of team full of individuals who don't look like becoming a team for a very long time.

NO I would look to the board to be fair, I feel that is where the majority of mistakes have been made, again IMO and i'm entitled to one !

Im not going to bang on about particular players or signings, we look doomed to be fair.

We may just scrape to safety this year but as the games pass on by we are soon going to find our self right up against it.

But to sack SC is just a knee jerk reaction to a bad home match, and lets be fair we should be used to bad match days now.

Chin up guys it could be worse we could be about to drop out of the leagues all together ;)

I've said this before, but if the last 4 years have told us anything it is that getting rid of a manager has only succeeded in things getting worse under his replacement worse.

Is it any coincidence that our best spell of recent success ( relatively) came under 2 managers who were here for a total of 9 years, while our slide into oblivion has been presided over by 5 managers in 4 years?

Knee jerk reactions are not the sole preserve of SL or the board, as I've been reading them on here left, right and centre for every manager, but for Cotterill they seemed to start before he'd even got his feet under the desk. We are not now the team that was within 90 minutes of the premier league, we are a struggling league 1 side so we are not going to get top managers or top players, but I get the feeling that with many fans they are oblivious to the fact.

All of us are frustrated  and I am sure not a little worried, by the way things have gone, but at some point , and even if it means relegation to league 3, we have to bite the bullet and give someone time to stabilise things on the pitch. If the club think that SC is the right man for that, then so be it, because he will need everyone's support if he is to have any chance of turning our fortunes around.

When SC was appointed I was horrified.  In my business days, if interviewing someone I looked for intelligence.  So, how on earth did the board appoint SC?  It is blindingly obvious that the man does not have the brains of a rocking horse.  He is thick, thick, THICK!

What to do now?  I really don't know.  I despair.

Anything to avoid an apology, eh, Nick?

If I'd posted that (and it's possible, given a foul mood and too much alcohol), I'd apologise in the cold light of day. Not your style, apparently. H'mm...

I have nothing to apologise for.

If someone came on here and was humble, and said they'd worked hard all their life, and had to survive on a meagre pension, that would be very different and I'd have every sympathy.

But your man didn't do that, he tried to ridicule, made an unwarranted attack, and at the same time attempted to suggest he was of superior intelligence. Well clearly he isn't and the fact he's a pensioner cuts no ice, what do you want, some sort of immunity for elderly people to be able to make repugnant comments?

When SC was appointed I was horrified.  In my business days, if interviewing someone I looked for intelligence.  So, how on earth did the board appoint SC?  It is blindingly obvious that the man does not have the brains of a rocking horse.  He is thick, thick, THICK!

What to do now?  I really don't know.  I despair.

I see my reply, which was nowhere near as personal as your comment above, has been removed, as has some of the vitriolic insults towards me from the anonymous pack of hounds, which didn't bother me one bit incidentally.

So lets put this a different way.

Are you proud of your comment?

I see my reply, which was nowhere near as personal as your comment above, has been removed, as has some of the vitriolic insults towards me from the anonymous pack of hounds, which didn't bother me one bit incidentally.

So lets put this a different way.

Are you proud of your comment?

I was one of those who questioned your original reply.

For me, it just didn't sit well with me to say something of that nature to someone with a differing opinion to you.

However; I don't condone what Red Bill said originally at all. I don't do personal insults to our playing staff, they are here to (in theory) do their best for the club. 

Why are so many posters like kids in the playground? Threads start off on a particular subject but then seem to become overtaken by personal muck throwing and insults.

Who cares if a poster owns his own business, is retired, financially secure or struggling? On here we are all the same - we are all bl00dy City fans for goodness sake!

My opinions are no more valid than anyone else's, they don't make me better or more intelligent than any other poster, but I am as entitled to say what I think, as is everyone else, but without getting abuse just because my opinion might differ from others.

Perhaps a little more live and let live might not go amiss. 

Archived