IGNORED

Notts County Rearrangement

Dave L

I have already been contacted by several supporters who have been seriously inconvenienced by the late change of date of the Notts County game, both practically and financially.

If you would like to add yourself to that list, then please drop me an email at david.lloyd@bcfc.co.uk giving full details. I will look into the circumstances, take up your issues with colleagues, and respond to each of those cases individually. 

I will not make any further comments on this thread.

Mods - please feel free to pin this if you feel it's appropriate.

Dave

Probably people who had made arrangements to make the game but now can't.

Arrangements to make the game?!? Really??

Who the **** makes prior arrangements to go to a home game? If you live in Sheffield I understand but these things do happen. Sometimes it snows and games get called off.. What's the fuss about?

Who the **** makes prior arrangements to go to a home game? If you live in Sheffield I understand but these things do happen. Sometimes it snows and games get called off.. What's the fuss about?

I suggest you have a browse through this thread pal

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/162211-notts-county-game-now-on-good-friday-merged/

Lots of people affected, work commitments, travel already booked etc

It doesn't affect my ability to get to the game one bit, I'm still cross on behalf of friends and others who are affected.

I was going to go. Now I can't.

So I'm "affected" but is it really the end of the world?!?

We don't half moan as a set of fans sometimes.

What an ignorant ****. Not every City fan lives in Bristol. If the game got called off for weather you have to think fair enough, nothing you can do. A game getting moved by the club 8 days before is ridiculous. No one disapproves of the change in theory, it's the short notice

People who work in Social care, the NHS, work shifts .. I have to make arrangments weeks in advance to watch City. Even then due to the nature of my work I may not make a match, unless I leave people in a bed unattended unable to speak and communicate.

Multiply the above with attending with a young family and families, and being involved in kids football.

All has been altered.

This will be normal for many who do not live in a simplistic world where there are no obligations, or responsibilities.

The football club is just that, a club. A sporting club that exists due to its fans. Fans the FC who have by an act demonstrated an indifference to those they exist for.

I won't be asking for anything, but I and others will remember this, its natural. Working directly with people I know that if they are treated poorly it is damaging.

Bristol City are damaging themselves.

Wow you clearly haven't a job or a family or a clue.

Who the **** makes prior arrangements to go to a home game?

The guys from Sweden who have arranged flights to arrive in Bristol on Friday evening.

Who gives a toss....

Not you obviously!

Unbelievable!!!   

:facepalm:

This coming from the person who said appointing Cotterill would lead to crowds of under 5000!!

It's decisions like this by the football club that will lead to fans disenchantment and staying away.

It doesn't affect me, but it does affect a good many, especially the Swedish lads. 8 days notice is the bigger issue here.

And it rarely snows in April.

It's 8 days, not 8 hours and it's 1 game!

You can either attend or you can't.

I now can't and it's not massively altered my life....

Some people need to get off the clubs back.

Personally for me was the last chance to go in the East End. Bit gutted if I'm honest!

It's 8 days, not 8 hours and it's 1 game!

You can either attend or you can't.

I now can't and it's not massively altered my life....

Some people need to get off the clubs back.

You miss the point. Most people can deal with missing the game - as you say it's not the end of the world. The core issue here is that this situation was easily avoidable with a little forethought from the club, and gives the impression that the club doesn't care about the very thing that keeps it going - its supporters. That's what has frustrated people.

If we were only allowed to talk about things in the forum that massively altered our lives, 99% of discussions on here would be banned.

I had the rant about the game change as my son who has been working and living in Sweden for the last 6 years had arranged for two of his friends who are Malmo fans to come over for a game and had booked flights for the Friday. These friends have already watch city when they played Helsingborg and we lost 4 - 0. My son has now changed his travel arrangements as he was really looking

forward to the match. The others are not coming now. I have give one ticket away and will try and get a refund if I can't sell

the other one.

I just wanted to make BCFC realise that hard working fans sometimes go to great efforts to attend match's

I'm a great defendrer of the club, but 8 days notice is not good enough, we've had the fixture list since june changes could of been made between that date and the date we actually changed it,

14 days would of been acceptable (only just), I'm not sure if the FA or FL have a rule about fixture changes but they really should look at one and make it a minimum of 2 weeks notice to change a game without exceptional circomstances,

The club have let our fans down and the visting fans from notts county down (who's club also share some of the blame for agreeing with the fixture change remember that)

This coming from the person who said appointing Cotterill would lead to crowds of under 5000!!

It's decisions like this by the football club that will lead to fans disenchantment and staying away.

It doesn't affect me, but it does affect a good many, especially the Swedish lads. 8 days notice is the bigger issue here.

And it rarely snows in April.

Haha... Fair one

Archived