IGNORED

Pitch Next Season And Club Name On Seats

Hopesy38

We all know we will be getting a new turf? A DESSO pitch but surely our pitch will still be bad? Anyone else agree?

Right now, we have a quality pitch, when the suns out the pitch shines like a beauty. I don't want to see our new pitch wrecked with loads of mud and almost invisible rugby lines.

Second, our club name should always be on the seats (Dolman, BCFC in new EE,) can't see BRFC in the seats (even though it stands for Bristol Rugby.

We all know we will be getting a new turf? A DESSO pitch but surely our pitch will still be bad? Anyone else agree?

Right now, we have a quality pitch, when the suns out the pitch shines like a beauty. I don't want to see our new pitch wrecked with loads of mud and almost invisible rugby lines.

Second, our club name should always be on the seats (Dolman, BCFC in new EE,) can't see BRFC in the seats (even though it stands for Bristol Rugby.

Swansea, Reading, Brentford all their pitchs hold up well so no the pitch won't be bad,

No our club name shouldn't be on our seats whats the point? waste of money

How much does it cost? Would Uncle Steve have to get naked or is it a tank of helicopter fuel?

I took it as having the name printed on each seat, across the stand it wouldn't cost anything and I can't say I'm bothered etherway about it as you'd only see it when the ground is empty

The pitch will be grand. The examples of other clubs above are there for all to see. They all have great pitches and ours will be no different. Well done to the club for bringing that a year forward after the weather last winter. Would have been easy to try and make do for a year to save a few quid but they've ensured that we will have a quality playing surface.

Can't see the point of having B C F C across the seats. Everyone who is anyone can look at a picture and know instantly that it's Ashton Gate. Home of Bristol City FC

I went to the Mem a couple of weeks ago for the free rugby ticket offer. The Gas had played there the day before and didn't think the pitch looked bad at all. I'd heard horror stories and seen it looking rough on tv previously but it was much better than I expected.

My point, this was an 'ordinary' pitch and it looked ok being used by 2 teams with a quick turnaround, Sat/Sun. I have every confidence that our Desso pitch and our excellent ground staff will be perfect for both sports each time it's played on. (Exceptional) weather permitting of course.

Edit: as for the naming we could just have Bristol written across, it would suit both teams and emphasise that there really is One Team In Bristol.

Archived