IGNORED

Bolasie

Cider red

I said at the time that I felt we should have had Bolasie and Albert out wide and give the opposition something to think about (hold your applause please), but the reality is that our defence wasn't good enough for that. I always rated him but never in a million years thought he'd be playing as he is in the Premier League

Bolasie looked strong and enthusiastic when he was here, but as others said very raw. He's 2 or 3 years older now, a long time in football terms. Also the London factor was a huge influence for him, we couldn't compete with that.

Spot on RedM.

London is the place he wanted to return to and now he's there his form is excellent.

Let's not forget MIllens influence with Bolasie either.

Why kid ourselves?

He was rubbish when he was here. An energetic klutz who scuffed an important goal in once.

Jennison Myrie-Williams, Jo Anyinsah, Marvin Brown etc.

Bolasie happened to pick up his form in a pre season and then decided to leave. At that point, nobody cared.

indeed I have and my conclusion is it's because simply most of them were clueless and one was out of his depth and now back in his comfort zone.

So all these managers are Clueless?

So why do they do relatively well elsewhere?

Before and after coming here...care to elaborate?

Why kid ourselves?

He was rubbish when he was here. An energetic klutz who scuffed an important goal in once.

Bolasie happened to pick up his form in a pre season and then decided to leave. At that point, nobody cared.

Yeah...why not question, why players like Bolasie and Skuse can be seen as rubbish here and yet blossom elsewhere...strange that...

Although, admittedly, at a much higher level Palace fans still call Bolasie a headless chicken in the majority of games. Mazy runs with little direction, poor distribution and terrible shooting the main points of derision.

That being said, on his day he can be a real force in the Premier League and would obviously be the biggest of stars in League 1 should he still be here.

Why kid ourselves?

He was never given a real chance.

Hang on a minute, he's a premier league winger with 26 appearences, 0 goals and 3 assists

Last season he only scored 3 goals in 46 appearences in the Championship.

I agree he had potential, but at the time, selling him was the right decision and although he is playing in the Prem, he is far from "outstanding"

its the keith millen factor.

he spotted the talent and got him to us from plymouth.and he has kept him at palace

Mc Clueless wouldn't play any one who wasn't scottish, so unless he became Mc Bollasie he wasn't going to get a shout.

saw him play for us at west ham......and although a 0-0 draw he was electric

So all these managers are Clueless?

So why do they do relatively well elsewhere?

Before and after coming here...care to elaborate?

Doubt you'll get a meaningful response!

Wish I had such a simplistic, myopic view of the success/failure of Bristol City which according to most on here can be categorised into shit manager/good manager.

its the keith millen factor.

he spotted the talent and got him to us from plymouth.and he has kept him at palace

Mc Clueless wouldn't play any one who wasn't scottish, so unless he became Mc Bollasie he wasn't going to get a shout.

saw him play for us at west ham......and although a 0-0 draw he was electric

At West Ham that night he was quality and kept them occupied all night.

Millen signed him but never used him during his time here.

Wish I had such a simplistic, myopic view of the success/failure of Bristol City which according to most on here can be categorised into shit manager/good manager.

I'm sure 99% of football fans around the world have this simplistic view.

If winning and playing well fans are happy if loosing and playing badly fans are unhappy.  You seem to be the opposite (in respect of this season). 

I don't know what happened when he moved to Palace but he became a completely different player.

The Bolasie that was here would frequently miskick the ball. I remember commenting to a mate that I had never seen a professional footballer who couldn't make a solid connection with a ball as much as Bolasie.

There were a lot of confusing/confounding/outright bizarre decisions made during the last three-to-four years but both management and board.

But I don't think many shed too many tears over Bolasie, primarily as he (or at least his agent) agitated for the move before he'd made too much of an impression.

Personally felt he COULD have been a good squad player, but was surprised a Championship team wanted him for money, so wasn't that worried when he went.  When we spanked Palace not long after he left I don't think we were that bothered.

Seems to have made good, but then plenty who left have, who many wouldn't have been fussed about.

the Yannick Bolasie that Bristol City had constantly fell over the ball, slipped over the ball,and couldn't beat a man. I remember watching him at Weston in a friendly and feeling sorry for how bad he was playing! Against Weston!

God knows what's in the water at Palarse. I was 3x more scared with him on the ball than Zaha when we played them at Selhurst last season. 

In respect to the earlier post. We can take a look at all managers since Alan Dicks.

Houghton

Hodgeson

Cooper

Joe Jordan

Ward

Pullis

Rosenior plus two others

Leanartson

Osman

Lumsden

Wilson

GJ

Coppell

Millen

Mcinness

SoD

Cotterill

PLEASE anyone feel free to add someone/anyone I missed...Of those most had a reputation coming in with some success elsewhere. Of these the ones arguably who have had sustained MANAGERIAL success elsewhere since leaving are....Hodgeson and Pullis (Im not to clear on Houghton post city, please anyone let me know)...Limited success GJ, Wilson and McInness (still early with McInness and he has had no success south of the border)....Many have had much greater success as a number two or as a coach.

So you have got to wonder what it is we do to players and managers as our track record of turning good players into average ones with no sell on value is pretty good too!

As to your point I think the above list is a clue. Success at a club as a manager does usually mean success of the first team of that club, they are normally indivisible. So I can only think that there is something wrong at our club that I really cant put my finger on. SL is the latest Chairman however our failure is something that has pervaded our club since the early stage of the last century with one small chink in the 70's...So the question is why have we been so crap for so long throughout the club!?

Any thoughts?....Small town attitude, bad attitude, poor senior management, poor scouting, rest home attitude, failure to build from within. shit ground/shit fans??? Just a few starters!!

Incredibly skilled -- but young and naive -- only needed to harness his skills correctly. Could not understand why Albert and Yannick were rarely played together -- would have taken six out of the opposition immediately!! Very diff to defend against two very skilled wide players.

Especially as it produced one of our best chants in recent times. "Albert, Albert Adomah runs down the wing for me........ Yannick Bolasie, Yannick Bolasie........". Now retired to 'chants of their time'.

Archived