IGNORED

Six Loanees

Super

Blimey I didn't realise we had that many we are the new Yeovil! One has to miss out tomorrow my money is on Barnett. Any of the six be here next season?

My money is on Gillet not playing and leaving.

Can see us having a very old team next season.

Elliot, Barnet and Nosworthy and Paterson could all be offered contracts.

El bad... can't see him ever playing for the first team again...loaned out...big wage waste of money...if anyone will have him and pay towards his wage.

Can see Baldock moving on and Paterson being lined up as his replacement.

El bad... can't see him ever playing for the first team again...loaned out...big wage waste of money...if anyone will have him and pay towards his wage.

Exactly how I see it. Although I think el bad will be a struggle to loan as not many league 1 clubs will want his wage.

Blimey I didn't realise we had that many we are the new Yeovil! One has to miss out tomorrow my money is on Barnett. Any of the six be here next season?

Gillet, Elliot will get yearly contracts surely, when those two are in the midfeild we've created bags of chances. I believe paterson has already expressed a desire to sign for us. Barnett will be off, i dont think he fits in very well. Nosworthy is worthy of a deal IMO, been outstanding since arriving on loan. Other than that i dont expect us going out and buying players this pre-season, cause i think we'll look to sign up the players we've already got in on loan.

Way off beam I think.

Gillet will stay. Barnet will go. Elliot & Nosworthy I think will stay and hopefully Paterson.

I think any movement will be with other players in the squad (Carey, Parish, Pack, Marv).

Baldock I think will stay on as will JET.

El abd is going nowhere and I tip him to be something of a hero next season

I felt at the time that Paterson may have been lined up as Baldock's replacement. Of course I hope he stays but I'd be very surprised if there were no offers.

I agree, I'll be amazed if there are no offers for him in the summer.20 goal strikers are always in demand. I'd hope we're looking to offer him a deal as well though.

Way off beam I think.

Gillet will stay. Barnet will go. Elliot & Nosworthy I think will stay and hopefully Paterson.

I think any movement will be with other players in the squad (Carey, Parish, Pack, Marv).

Baldock I think will stay on as will JET.

El abd is going nowhere and I tip him to be something of a hero next season

I wish Barnet would leave..but I don't think it's as simple as that.

Pack will definitely stay. Gillet will go.

Baldock will be gone.

As for El Abd...I'm staying shtumn

Baldock will stay, he's on a longer contract and is needed next year. Get rid of our best striker and we'll struggle again

I hope he does, but I suspect its not a case of us getting rid, as it were.

If a good Championship side comes in with a decent offer, will be really hard for us to stand in his way. All we could do in those circumstances is say thank you, wish him well, and look for a replacement.

I wish Barnet would leave..but I don't think it's as simple as that.

Pack will definitely stay. Gillet will go.

Baldock will be gone.

As for El Abd...I'm staying shtumn

Mark my words

Barnet is all but gone

Cotts got rid of Pack at Pompey and will do the same here

Gillet WILL stay

Baldock WILL stay

El Adb WILL be a folk hero next season

Mark my words

Barnet is all but gone

Cotts got rid of Pack at Pompey and will do the same here

Gillet WILL stay

Baldock WILL stay

El Adb WILL be a folk hero next season

Interesting you think that...

El Abd will be a folk hero in a way that most won't think conceivable...only at City.

As far as I understand... Barnett is an already done deal... unless some clause has been put in.

Gillet, Elliot will get yearly contracts surely, when those two are in the midfeild we've created bags of chances. I believe paterson has already expressed a desire to sign for us. Barnett will be off, i dont think he fits in very well. Nosworthy is worthy of a deal IMO, been outstanding since arriving on loan. Other than that i dont expect us going out and buying players this pre-season, cause i think we'll look to sign up the players we've already got in on loan.

I think you're probably wrong on this one mate.  I can see lots of incomings this summer.  Bear in mind the full time contracted pro's we'll have remaining come 1st July :

GK - Fielding (2016), Parish (2015)

RB - Moloney (2015)

LB - Cunningham (2016)

CB - Williams (2016), Flint (2017), El Abd (2017), Osborne (2016)

RM - Wagstaff (2016)

LM - Bryan (2015)

CM - Kelly (2016), Reid (?), Wynter (2015), Pack (2015)

ST - Baldock (2015), JET (2015)

Out of contract - Fontaine, Carey, Pearson, Elliot, Burns

So, this leaves us just 16 full time pro's (3 of which, in my mind, Cotterill doesn't want).  I'm not 100% on Burns' contract, but pretty sure we'd give him a new one if he is expired.  So that's 17 in the first team squad.  Can't see the other 4 OOC players being offered new deals.

From the youth squad, we'll see Richards the keeper, plus the 7 recently given pro deals - Batten, Morrell, Fry, Last, Evans, Bishop & Horgan.  Not many (if any) of those will actually be considered a first team squad member next season though.

Basically then, we still just have 17 pro's, so I'd envisage at least 6 or 7 incoming to make 23, plus 'one in-one out' after that.

I can't see El Abd playing next season and I think we'll have to try to loan him out and find a club that'll pay a couple of grand per week of his wages.

Of the current loans, I'd imagine it's highly likely we'll try to bring in Wade Elliot and Paterson.  Possibly Nosworthy too if El Abd is offloaded.  Barnett ought to be a no.  Moore is a possibility but not an urgent requirement.  Gillett I don't think we'll go for.

I can see us trying to strengthen at both fullback positions, both wing positions, at least 1 CM and at least 1 striker.

I think you're probably wrong on this one mate.  I can see lots of incomings this summer.  Bear in mind the full time contracted pro's we'll have remaining come 1st July :

GK - Fielding (2016), Parish (2015)

RB - Moloney (2015)

LB - Cunningham (2016)

CB - Williams (2016), Flint (2017), El Abd (2017), Osborne (2016)

RM - Wagstaff (2016)

LM - Bryan (2015)

CM - Kelly (2016), Reid (?), Wynter (2015), Pack (2015)

ST - Baldock (2015), JET (2015)

Out of contract - Fontaine, Carey, Pearson, Elliot, Burns

So, this leaves us just 16 full time pro's (3 of which, in my mind, Cotterill doesn't want).  I'm not 100% on Burns' contract, but pretty sure we'd give him a new one if he is expired.  So that's 17 in the first team squad.  Can't see the other 4 OOC players being offered new deals.

From the youth squad, we'll see Richards the keeper, plus the 7 recently given pro deals - Batten, Morrell, Fry, Last, Evans, Bishop & Horgan.  Not many (if any) of those will actually be considered a first team squad member next season though.

Basically then, we still just have 17 pro's, so I'd envisage at least 6 or 7 incoming to make 23, plus 'one in-one out' after that.

I can't see El Abd playing next season and I think we'll have to try to loan him out and find a club that'll pay a couple of grand per week of his wages.

Of the current loans, I'd imagine it's highly likely we'll try to bring in Wade Elliot and Paterson.  Possibly Nosworthy too if El Abd is offloaded.  Barnett ought to be a no.  Moore is a possibility but not an urgent requirement.  Gillett I don't think we'll go for.

I can see us trying to strengthen at both fullback positions, both wing positions, at least 1 CM and at least 1 striker.

I forgot we still even had Fontaine & Pearson. Definite bye byes I think. Not sure about Maloney either as Cotts got rid of him at a previous club also.

Carey, Pearson, Marv and Fontaine ( who has already been told to find another club ) will all be leaving AG this summer. As for the contracted players I'm not privy to the inside information at AG anymore so I've no real idea who will be going and who will be staying.

I would be surprised if Wade Elliot isn't offered a one year deal after his impressive performances so far this season. As for Nosworthy I'm not so sure he's the long term answer but maybe a one year deal for him as well.

I'm also a little concerned about Joe Bryan. He's been injured I know but I'm not convinced that Cotterill rates him and we could see him going out on loan next season.

Nope Burns signed a 2 and a 1/2 year deal in December 2012 so expires summer 2015..http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11726/8342682/youngster-wes-burns-pens-professional-bristol-city-contract

Must say I am glad to hear that as in the past contract dealings haven't been our strong point!. Obviously it doesn't mean any player will still be here for the length of his contract but at least we are recognising talent and preparing or the future.

Archived