IGNORED

How Much More Do I Look Forward To Our Defence In Action Without Flint

where's the joy

Personally I thought his injury was a massive blow at the time as he was really beginning to hit the sort of form we expected when he joined us before he got crocked. I'd say he was easily the most improved player under Cotts.

Thankfully we've all but secured survival despite the injury. And I do believe it's despite rather than because of.

Our "fans" do hold grudges, mind, don't they

Not going to be playing premier league any time soon, but gives 100%, and was starting to make a solid contribution. Also started to chip in the odd goal. Would be very happy to see him as part of the squad going forward in to next year.

Brilliant. Our "supporters" >>>

Agreed. OP sounds like the tool that sits in the 'family stand' in the ateyo -it could be him, it may not be, but this chap sounds like a good apprentice if not.

I unfortunately sat in front of the Flint hater once and he spent 90 mins tearing Flint to shreds. I confronted him to say why do you bother coming when all you do is moan....he's a bloke in his 30-40's but his mummy came to his rescue when I asked why he didn't ever have anything good to say about the team.

Thankfully now I'm back in Bristol my season ticket is well away from him and people of his ilk.

Would prefer to support all our players to be honest and yes that also includes El Abd.

What do people get out of seemingly not wanting our own players to do well?

Fair comment , but if someone is playing shite people are going to mention it , and happy clappers can be just as annoying as continual moaners.

Flint's loving of the long "pass" to Baldocks head did start to annoy me.

Last few games before he got injured saw him score a vital equaliser at Oldham and an even more important one at Orient.

Can't see any point in the original post, the guy is injured FFS, always gives his best and hopefully will come back a stronger player in 14/15.

Nothing against either Flint or El Abd, they both have their merits (well, maybe not both!), but I was convinced that as a pairing they were ineffective and lacked pace and mobility.  I said it at the time and I'll stand by it, if we'd played Flint & El Abd as the CB pairing all year, we'd be relegated.

It may sound harsh to say it, but the Flint injury and the El Abd red card - within 3 days of each other- probably saved our season.  It forced Osborne to feature more in a central position, forced a natural right back to be starting, and forced the loan signing of the sturdy Nosworthy.

I don't care for Flint,and rather he wasn't here., but he has his uses against certain teams and certain players, I think at best he is a backup player who is bought in to play against the tall slow lumps you get in this league sometimes.

Anything mobile with any sort of close control and he is woefully out of his depth.  So at best a useful player to have around, but certainly not a 300k player to build a defence around.

I really like Flint, only because he's a player who understands his abilities and limitations. He's phenomenal in the air and poor on the deck. He's a solid defender and I love his passion.

I wouldn't want to play him and El Abd as a two man CB pairing though, unless we played Stoke.

I really like Flint, only because he's a player who understands his abilities and limitations. He's phenomenal in the air and poor on the deck. He's a solid defender and I love his passion.

I wouldn't want to play him and El Abd as a two man CB pairing though, unless we played Stoke.

erm, i am sure Odemwingie would have field day :)

Fair comment , but if someone is playing shite people are going to mention it , and happy clappers can be just as annoying as continual moaners.

Flint's loving of the long "pass" to Baldocks head did start to annoy me.

I agree mate people are quite entitled to voice their frustrations and over the last couple of seasons there have been plenty of opportunities to do that! What annoys me is when certain players are almost type cast and can never do right. Then it's about seizing every moment to prove why so and so is crap rather than ultimately supporting the team.

If I played against the two of them I could have a field day. But I'm gambling that he hasn't been picked in this hypothetical contest.

If you gambled you know he would be picked, or is it just m that gets that kind of luck when gambling?

As others have said whilst flint doesn't always fill me with confidence, the lad was clearly improving with game time and under cotteril. He went off at shrewsbury and we were looking solid at that point, he was winning everything in the air. I think he will come good next season, el abd im not so sure on, but I hope so.

Nothing against either Flint or El Abd, they both have their merits (well, maybe not both!), but I was convinced that as a pairing they were ineffective and lacked pace and mobility. I said it at the time and I'll stand by it, if we'd played Flint & El Abd as the CB pairing all year, we'd be relegated.

It may sound harsh to say it, but the Flint injury and the El Abd red card - within 3 days of each other- probably saved our season. It forced Osborne to feature more in a central position, forced a natural right back to be starting, and forced the loan signing of the sturdy Nosworthy.

Very much I agreement Harry. With Osbourne and Nos we have look much more composted at the back.

Flint and El have been nervy, although Flint as said has improved. But he does have that howling game changing Gaff in him.

And has certainly gifted the opposition goals this season. However lets see how he fairs next season. Seems very much a confedence player so I'm sure his form will continue to improve next season.

What a goal from Osbourne though!!

What is the point in putting this up? does the OP trawl around for something to be miserable about...possibly looking at the OP's name,

It's Easter sun's shining, match day, we are almost safe the last thing I want to be reminded is a defeat mid winter.

Actually any defeat has been quite rare this season,

There's the joy OP.  

Archived