IGNORED

Jet How Much Is He Worth Now And How The Hell Do We Keep Hold Of Him

ciderbeans

So, Similar to the Baldock question, what are people views when it comes to JET?

A man who is third in the assist rankings and very high up in the scoring chart all from midfield. A very important player for us signed on a free (albeit swapped for another player signed on a free).

What would you suggest his current value is given his ability, age and stated achievements this season? Further to that, he has a year to run, just like Baldock, so will he run it down and leave? will he be sold? or will he sign on again?

What are peoples thoughts and expectations?

Personally, we MUST keep him, Baldock and sign Paterson as they will be a destructive trio next season should they all be together.

JET's value I would suggest is around 2 mill all things considered with baldock around 3 mill. I would like to see them both sign a one year extension to their existing contracts pending promotion next season. Failing that, then they should be free to seek a club of higher league stature.

Without wishing to reopen a debate we have had time and time again, I do think this one is more difficult.

It does need a heart to heart between JET and SC sooner rather than later. Do they want to work together going forward, in truth, and if so what does the manager see as his role? If there is no real place, I do think he will be much harder to shift than Sammy, who in that sense is easier to understand as a player.

I agree re offering him a one year extension. Sold, I think it could be 800 k ish, as rightly or wrongly other teams will discount for what is seen as a risk factor as to what they are getting.

JET frustrates the life out of me. Loads of talent but puts in so little effort each game. Difficult one because if you look at the stats then yes definitely keep him. But watching him every other week you see how little he adds to the game for the majority of it. However in those moments he does add something he does something really special. However I feel those moments aren't regular enough and when in defence we basically defend with 10 men. Maybe a small part of the reason the amount of goals we concede is so high? I wouldn't be sad if he did leave personally but then I also wouldn't be unhappy if we kept him. If that made any sense...

Not sure about Paterson, and I think there is a better option out there for us in the Summer. 

As for JET... Could go either way for me. Would be more than happy for him to be here next season, but equally wouldn't be too upset if he moved on for a value above 750k. If Baldock left however...  :blink:

Is currently the only city player who gets me off my seat every time he gets the ball any where near the opposition's goal. Had an average game against Walsall yet every time he was on the ball at the edge of the penalty area with a man to beat I thought he might do it. There aren't many like that (especially in this league) so I feel we need to keep him. If we sell I will expect at least 1.5 mill for the unexpected element he brings.

So, Similar to the Baldock question, what are people views when it comes to JET?

A man who is third in the assist rankings and very high up in the scoring chart all from midfield. A very important player for us signed on a free (albeit swapped for another player signed on a free).

What would you suggest his current value is given his ability, age and stated achievements this season? Further to that, he has a year to run, just like Baldock, so will he run it down and leave? will he be sold? or will he sign on again?

Personally, we MUST keep him, Baldock and sign Paterson as they will be a destructive trio next season should they all be together.

JET's value I would suggest is around 2 mill all things considered with baldock around 3 mill. I would like to see them both sign a one year extension to their existing contracts pending promotion next season. Failing that, then they should be free to seek a club of higher league stature.

Ha ha, thats made my sunday already.

Will be interesting to see if the offers come flooding in for him.

I think the second half of the season has proved what we can expect from him in 14/15 and i don't think i could tolerate another season seeing a player swagger around the pitch like it's his devine right to do so.

Be thankful with what you got out of him up to christmas, because i doubt it will happen again. 

Don't be surprised if he hands in a transfer request in the summer anyway.

Will be surprised if JET is in Cotterills team start of next season. He gives him a selection problem. Cotterill, I'm sure would prefer to play with wingers so unless he is going to play as a striker, it will be hard to fit him in. If a reasonable offer comes in, I think he'll be off.

Paterson will never get you 25 goals like Baldock. What you get with him is a 10-15 a season, a player who moves opposition defenders around very well running the channels/creating space and works his nuts off for the cause pressing high up the pitch. I bet Baldock enjoys playing with him.

JET's value I would suggest is around 2 mill all things considered with baldock around 3 mill.

Jut what formula did you use to calculate that? JET is worth nowhere near that, sure he has talent when he wants to show it but he will not ever play at a higher level unless his attitude changes. 500k tops.

On the other hand Baldock puts in 100% and grafts for his goals so a valuation of 1.5 ml would be more realistic 

He's certainly a mercurial individual, but football is above everything else an entertainment business, and JET delivers more than any other player at our club (quite possibly in league 2 as well) in this respect.

And I don't know about you lot, but that's what I fork out my hard earned cash for. Entertainment value always comes top.

I'd prefer a 1-1 draw with a cracking goal and some great football over a dull uninspiring 1-0 win, unless of course the win was desperately needed.

I reckon we'd be able to get more than a mill for him. There's always someone willing to take a chance. Just look at three career of marlon king.

A player is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for him.

Thomas has undoubted ability, but unfortunately, his seemingly lack of effort and application will count against him.

If he goes in the summer, then so be it. 

If Steve Cotterill decides to continue with the same formation Next season, I think Wes Burns could fill Thomas' role quite easily. And with Burns you'll get everything.

A player is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for him.

Thomas has undoubted ability, but unfortunately, his seemingly lack of effort and application will count against him.

If he goes in the summer, then so be it.

If Steve Cotterill decides to continue with the same formation Next season, I think Wes Burns could fill Thomas' role quite easily. And with Burns you'll get everything.

Don't think Burns has that in his locker he is primarily a winger or a striker.

Personally I would like to see Bobby Reid playing further up in a five man midfield as a more advanced playmaker playing in behind Baldock if we keep him and two quick wingers!

On friday even in the couple of minutes of the youtube goals v Notts County, you saw the worst and best of JET, for their goal he never even competed for the corner in fact he was actually blocking out one of his own defenders, who might have made a meaningful attempt, the guy was allowed a free header which is unacceptable.

However his mere presence for Baldock's winner I believe caused panic between the defender and the goalkeeper, but special praise to Baldock who is undoubtedly on fire at present for gambling on the mistake, that's what confidence does.

On friday even in the couple of minutes of the youtube goals v Notts County, you saw the worst and best of JET, for their goal he never even competed for the corner in fact he was actually blocking out one of his own defenders, who might have made a meaningful attempt, the guy was allowed a free header which is unacceptable.

However his mere presence for Baldock's winner I believe caused panic between the defender and the goalkeeper, but special praise to Baldock who is undoubtedly on fire at present for gambling on the mistake, that's what confidence does.

Jet had already been substituted, barnett helped cause the panic.

That was Barnett not jet, jet didn't turn up Friday as it seemed like we were playing with 10 men with him on the field

Don't think Burns has that in his locker he is primarily a winger or a striker.

Personally I would like to see Bobby Reid playing further up in a five man midfield as a more advanced playmaker playing in behind Baldock if we keep him and two quick wingers!

Seriously?

I really think Burns can play through the middle in the withdrawn role.

Archived