IGNORED

Where Is El Abd?

exAtyeoMax

When we clearly look miles better without him?

Obviously you are absolutely correct, let's have an unhappy, high wage earning player on a long contract and completely write him off now and not hope/believe he can actually be the player we thought we were signing, I suspect that was his plan all along, come here and just take the money.

Obviously you are absolutely correct, let's have an unhappy, high wage earning player on a long contract and completely write him off now and not hope/believe he can actually be the player we thought we were signing, I suspect that was his plan all along, come here and just take the money.

NO!  We have never signed any players who just wanted the money.  Have we?????????????

After his half-time substitution a couple of weeks ago he seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth. Where has he gone and does anyone think he will come back?

After watching Nosworthy and Osborne today , I really hope he does not come back and takes Flint with him.We have to sign Nosworthy.Good in the air and on the deck and organising and marshalling the defence.Something Flint and El Bad are not capable of.

Something is clearly up. He has been woeful at best since joining, having nosworthy at the back instead has made that more evident. Either he has a good pre season and sorts his act out, or he goes out on loan or perm somewhere else. On the evidence so far I hope its the latter, I'll be happy to be proved wrong though

NO!  We have never signed any players who just wanted the money.  Have we?????????????

In fairness, the few times I have seen him play, there has been no lack of effort or commitment, and the backstory at the time was that he was desperate for first team football. For all his faults, he does not strike me as somebody mentally who is just in it to pick up a wage check.

There were a few eyebrows raised at his signing as to his age, and the length of contract. Against this, he had tons of Championship exerience, and Brighton fans seemed genuinly sad to see him go. Our defence was a mess, we looked like we were going down, and if the offer we made was what it took to get him, then maybe it was a risk worth taking at the time.

Whilst SC has clearly got a lot right, the way in which he then integrated El in my views did him few favours. Playing him as full back, when it was clear after one game he had neither the legs or tactical experience for this position was not his finest hour. Then playing him as CB, and playing others out of position to accomodate him equally was odd. If anything to me he looked like he was at times trying to hard. It is also one of those odd ones that our more settled defence has been the result of suspensions and injurys, rather than the one SC seemed to want.

I hope he has a great close season, and we see in the new year whatever Brighton fan used to like. So far, he has failed to impress. He is to us what Carey was to Coventry at the moment, but of course I am sure we all want him to settle, and make an impact, even if as a squad player.

After watching Nosworthy and Osborne today , I really hope he does not come back and takes Flint with him.We have to sign Nosworthy.Good in the air and on the deck and organising and marshalling the defence.Something Flint and El Bad are not capable of.

Or sign NN keep Flint and hope he picks up some tips from NN along the way.

I think El Abd will come good come start next season & he just needs bit more time settling in, also don't think everyone on his case has helped or being played out his comfortable position but it seems most people on here just like having a scapegoat for when things aren't going the way we want, if we keep & sign the right people over the summer make the team train hard pre-season so everyone's fully fit with no one getting fatigue from a piss poor pre-season like this season we can be fighting for minimum of a play off place hopefully a automatic promotion, personally think we won't go up til the 2015/16 season at the earliest unless we keep hold & add some half decent players especially a couple wingers to run the channels such as freeman who if we're quick & snap to it soon as the windows open seeing as Stevenage are already relegated he's not going want be playing league 2 footy imo, 2/3 players out 5/6 in quickly getting in & signed to get them use to playing together so at the start they know what their positions & task is in every match, sign a couple impact players that can come on from the bench if we're losing or drawing with the task of hopefully getting us something from the game. I also think if we can sign Moore get rid Parish have Moore & Fielding as our players between the sticks will be a decent pair especially how Fielding has come back in a totally different person to who he was before & sounds like a he has a good attitude even when dropped.

It's not just that his general play was poor - out of position, poor passing and giving the ball away - it's the niggley, cowardly shirt-pulling antics and other wind-up techniques that led to yellow and red cards and costly goals against us that dropped the team in it. This stuff is the very opposite of the image a football fan has of a "hardman" defender. Every striker in the League if so inclined will now know how to drop him in trouble with the ref. The refs themselves will be on the lookout for his nonsense.

I believe it's all this stuff that probably makes his position untenable.

If (and it is a big if) El Bad is able to change it will be a long rehabilitation and he will have to take a huge amount of stick from the opposition and referees let alone the fans. 

I take my hat off to SC for guiding us to safety and I'm excited about next season if we can keep some of loanees that he signed so cleverly. How can it not be blazingly obvious to him that our fortunes changed when El Abd and Flint were replaced in our defence.

Maybe El Bad just got the wrong idea about what he was supposed to be doing? It must be more that worrying for SC and the other players that someone who is past his best tries to make up for it by sneaky fouling

• Admin

TNBT please find the "Enter" key on the odd occasion it would make you post easier to read.

I think on the balance the SouthVille Kiddy has it more spot on, there can be no assumption that someone who has not settled in by now will miraculously feel fine after a summer break.

Expect El Abd is still sulking about being subbed when his family had turned up to watch him play!

TNBT please find the "Enter" key on the odd occasion it would make you post easier to read.

I think on the balance the SouthVille Kiddy has it more spot on, there can be no assumption that someone who has not settled in by now will miraculously feel fine after a summer break.

Expect El Abd is still sulking about being subbed when his family had turned up to watch him play!

duly noted will try remember to do that :-)

Archived