IGNORED

Sean Dyche 1St Sacking Next Season ?

M_Porter

It's a shame about Sean Dyche - he's really a decent bloke and actually a decent player.

He was a good player before he joined City and a good one after - like a lot of City players.

For some reason, he looked bad at City and the supporters got on his back- That really upset him.

I think the truth is that he was left exposed too often by poor tactics and poor defenders around him - he appeared to be the fall guy.  He worked hard and was committed too.

Can't remember the name of the centre half he played alongside (was it Julian Watts?), but it was mainly his poor defending that left Sean looking like a pillock half the time..  He really was a decent player -and he proved that consistently elsewhere.

Good on him for what he's achieved at Burnley and I hope he continues to do well in management.

There's an article on the BBC football page that's worth reading regarding his time so far at Burnely:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26834809

"I never guaranteed that we would win every week," he continued. "I guaranteed the fans they would see a group of people that would give everything for the club.

"If you're in any workplace and someone keeps berating you, it's fair to say your performance would go down. If fans have a patience level, which is tough sometimes if things aren't going well, it does help the players.

"I thank the patience of the fans and it's invaluable for the players to feel the stadium is calm.

"The home game with Leeds [in March] was a great example. We were 1-0 down and there wasn't a sound of anything negative. You could almost sense the fans thinking 'they'll do it, they'll get back in'. The players respect that greatly." - I thought this was the most telling statement from it and is certainly something that many of our fans have been guilty of time after time in recent years. Think back to the days when Johnson was manager we as fans had the same mentality that we could score right up until the final whistle and we did score a lot of late goals.

There's an article on the BBC football page that's worth reading regarding his time so far at Burnely:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26834809

"I never guaranteed that we would win every week," he continued. "I guaranteed the fans they would see a group of people that would give everything for the club.

"If you're in any workplace and someone keeps berating you, it's fair to say your performance would go down. If fans have a patience level, which is tough sometimes if things aren't going well, it does help the players.

"I thank the patience of the fans and it's invaluable for the players to feel the stadium is calm.

"The home game with Leeds [in March] was a great example. We were 1-0 down and there wasn't a sound of anything negative. You could almost sense the fans thinking 'they'll do it, they'll get back in'. The players respect that greatly." - I thought this was the most telling statement from it and is certainly something that many of our fans have been guilty of time after time in recent years. Think back to the days when Johnson was manager we as fans had the same mentality that we could score right up until the final whistle and we did score a lot of late goals.

Very wise words.

I agree. How many times did we concede, yet rather than boo or moan, the roar from the City fans of encouragement would have fooled anyone outside the ground into thinking we had just scored. That sort of reaction must help players, knowing you've got the support on your side even in that situation.

Hopefully we will start next season how we have finished this one and the belief will start to return in the ground.

Archived