IGNORED

Luke Freeman

CiderHeadDan

Replace someone who has scored 24 league goals with someone who has 5?

Genius.

Please do not sully this thread with facts.

Really?

I have this recurring nightmare our front line next year is Barnett and Peterson. Maybe I would be better to say if we lose Sammy I really would wish to see a proven goal scorer come in.

I'd be quite worried if our replacement for Sammy was a winger!!

So would I.

Did not come out quite as I expected - clearly not a like for like replacement, more if we lose quality, we need to replace it with some real quality, somewhere.

Or I was just talking complete poo. Which is equally as likely.

There is no reason why we can not sign Luke Freeman, and why would he not want to sign for us? Without sounding too arrogant, we are a big club at this level with a Stadium revamp on the way and its only a matter of time before we're back in the Championship, I'm sure City will be going for it next season too... Surely Freeman would seriously consider us? Unless he has top Championship/Prem clubs chasing him, that would be a different story.

Also, is there any truth to the rumours that it was us that had offers turned down for him in January? If so, surely Stevenage will not be in a position where they can reject any offer during the summer, after their relegation and Freeman wanting to play at a higher level than league two!

Also, is there any truth to the rumours that it was us that had offers turned down for him in January? If so, surely Stevenage will not be in a position where they can reject any offer during the summer, after their relegation and Freeman wanting to play at a higher level than league two!

He's actually out of contract at the end of the season, I certainly think that unless a bigger championship club comes in for him then we will be fighting with 2-3 other league one clubs and a few lower end championship clubs, if we really went for him I see no reason why we cant get him.

Haven't seen a thread on the kid today. Was just wondering how people thought he played today, (not just the goal) as opinions seemed to be very one sided after Stevenage visited the Gate. Was he as good today?

he was excellent he will be a championship player next season if he isn't unlucky.

There is no reason why we can not sign Luke Freeman, and why would he not want to sign for us? Without sounding too arrogant, we are a big club at this level with a Stadium revamp on the way and its only a matter of time before we're back in the Championship, I'm sure City will be going for it next season too... Surely Freeman would seriously consider us? Unless he has top Championship/Prem clubs chasing him, that would be a different story.

bigger clubs then us will be in for him thats why

Archived