IGNORED

Luke Freeman

CiderHeadDan

I don't know how you do that!! But I searched Stevenage local paper to read their match report and there was another article from Westley saying you can't turn water into wine - it's in there.

Found it.

http://www.thecomet.net/stevenage-fc/i_wasn_t_able_to_turn_water_into_wine_says_westley_1_3567119

Reckon he probably referred to us as we played them that day and are the sort of size club that would pick off their best players. Also, probably because of our Jan interest in Freeman. Really hope we're back in for him this summer and are successful!

bigger clubs then us will be in for him thats why

'Bigger' clubs or clubs in higher league? as there is a difference! If you're talking about club size, then we should be able to compete with most mid-table Championship clubs, Ofcourse, we are in league one, so any Championship club will have an advantage over us for that simple reason alone. I still feel we could sign Freeman though if we wanted it enough.

The big question for Freeman come summer is what he wants to do with the next few years of his career.

Looking at it, he's only 22 and currently is playing for a team where he is guaranteed first team football, which helps his development but doesn't perhaps push him on.

If he was to move up to a team in the Championship (let's use Wolves as an example) he might not be first choice, or be quite up to the standard straight off, regardless how good he looks at this level.

In that scenario he does have time on his side, in that he can wait out his chance/improve, but he would be missing out of key development years.

If he moved to us or another League One side, he'd likely be first choice, having shown his quality at this level, but might not be pushed into improving by playing higher quality opposition.

I think that given he's not going to cost whoever buys him a penny (I think that is right), then I can see him going higher than this league, as there are plenty teams likely willing to give him a shot at Championship football (Millwall and Donny are the type of sides I see being very interested).  That said, if Cotts can make the case that he'd be a key figure in a promotion campaign, then it might be more appealing to be part of a team looking to win something, rather than be the best player in a squad fighting relegation (again).

Best thing to do is for City to go out and win the next two games, finish as high as possible, and present a strong case for us being promotion contenders next season.

Well I'm going to buck the trend and say I think we've got a pretty decent chance of signing him.

He's been plying his trade at the bottom of L1 for two years and I just don't see a queue of C'ship clubs lining up for him.

Better career move for him to come to us and battle near the top of L1 (hopefully) next season.

It'll be on his mind that we've already shown interest and hey it feels good to be wanted. We should be persistent and get in their early, in fact get in there now.

He's out of contract so that immediately allows us to pay him a little more than we would if we had to pay a fee. The thing is every club who would be in for him will be the same. I don't think he's the type to be greedy and only going to the highest bidder as he's had opportunities to go elsewhere on better money than stevenage whilst being under contract there.

I think he will choose a club where he knows he will get a good chance to play which I'm pretty sure we will be able to offer that if their are certain departures in the summer. We will definitely be in for him as who else is any better that would be free this summer that we would stand any sort of chance of getting?

Freeman was their only decent player yesterday, quality free kick brought applause from most City fans.

Apparently SC made an enquiry about him after we played Stevenage at home but he's already got a deal lined up with a Championship club.

I liked the Notts County winger, similar type.

Freeman was their only decent player yesterday, quality free kick brought applause from most City fans.

Apparently SC made an enquiry about him after we played Stevenage at home but he's already got a deal lined up with a Championship club.

Cotterill confirmed we had two bids for him turned down in January

Apparently SC made an enquiry about him after we played Stevenage at home but he's already got a deal lined up with a Championship club.

How do you know he has a deal lined up with a Championship club? If so then thats a real shame! IMO it seems daft if its a lower end Championship club, who don't have the type of budget we have and smaller crowds as IMO its only a matter of time till we are back there and we have the resources (Stadium development, Billionaire owner etc) to be a decent mind - upper Championship side! It irritates me when players don't look at the bigger picture and club potential and stabillity for a short term stint at a club likely to get relegated or just struggle season after season like Barnsley, Millwall, Donny etc! Maybe i am slightly biased but thats the way i see it.

How do you know he has a deal lined up with a Championship club? If so then thats a real shame! IMO it seems daft if its a lower end Championship club, who don't have the type of budget we have and smaller crowds as IMO its only a matter of time till we are back there and we have the resources (Stadium development, Billionaire owner etc) to be a decent mind - upper Championship side! It irritates me when players don't look at the bigger picture and club potential and stabillity for a short term stint at a club likely to get relegated or just struggle season after season like Barnsley, Millwall, Donny etc! Maybe i am slightly biased but thats the way i see it.

I think you are very bias in that post!

We've had the billionaire owner for years, and look where we are, league 1. 

I think you are very bias in that post!

We've had the billionaire owner for years, and look where we are, league 1. 

Hes far richer now than he was when he first took over, am I right in thinking hes only recently become a Billionaire? The days of selling our best players and missing out on talent like Freeman SHOULD be over. But yes, maybe I am a little bias and this is City we're talking about i guess.

Hes far richer now than he was when he first took over, am I right in thinking hes only recently become a Billionaire? The days of selling our best players and missing out on talent like Freeman SHOULD be over. But yes, maybe I am a little bias and this is City we're talking about i guess.

We haven't been a selling club for years now.

The fact he is rich means nothing, it has only got us where we are now whilst clubs like Millwall are still above us.

Archived