IGNORED

City Commentary Abroad?

ajs202

Do any of the overseas fans know the best way to get match commentary from outside the UK?  Does Player work abroad?  Currently I manage to get all the games through the iphone app but not sure it will still work.

I'd also be interested if anyone knows a good way to get Sky/iplayer/4OD from abroad also without a dish.

Ash

Do any of the overseas fans know the best way to get match commentary from outside the UK? Does Player work abroad? Currently I manage to get all the games through the iphone app but not sure it will still work.

I'd also be interested if anyone knows a good way to get Sky/iplayer/4OD from abroad also without a dish.

Ash

It works for me ,although i have an English service provider.

• Admin

Do any of the overseas fans know the best way to get match commentary from outside the UK?  Does Player work abroad?  Currently I manage to get all the games through the iphone app but not sure it will still work.

Ash

If you use Google Chrome you can download an extension such as Hola.org https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hola-better-internet/gkojfkhlekighikafcpjkiklfbnlmeio/related?hl=en-GB and it gives you a little button that tells the internet your computer is in the country that website wants you to be in.

Equally, English computers could use it to access hulu.com and watch US TV episodes before they screen over here if they so wished ;)

I'm in the US. I use the FL app on my Iphone with a Player subscription to listen to the games.

It's definitely got some delay to it... I've been facebook messaged by a friend of mine in the UK that we've scored, and 20-30 seconds later, I hear it on my phone. 

I'm in the US. I use the FL app on my Iphone with a Player subscription to listen to the games.

It's definitely got some delay to it... I've been facebook messaged by a friend of mine in the UK that we've scored, and 20-30 seconds later, I hear it on my phone. 

Yeah can be up to a minute in delay, however I have got commentary prior to some in the UK so its not necessarily an overseas problem.

No VPN needed for player, I have literally used it all over the world.

As proved for the Stevenage game yesterday, it even works when using inflight wifi mid-Atlantic, albeit with some delay:  RedOxo, Dolls et al were celebrating the goals whilst I was still listening in ignorant bliss.

Generally the FL app, with a Player subscription, on my iPad has been the least hassle of the various methods I have tried.

Archived