IGNORED

3 Losses In 3 Months

Since the start of Feb we've only lost 3 matches

Coventry 1-2

Sheffield Utd 0-3

Rotherham 1-2

Great form considering in January we didn't win all month.

Since then we've won 8 out of 16 drawing 5 times

Well done squad and SC to turn it around when many thought all hope had been lost

Let's move this on to next season!!

Since the start of Feb we've only lost 3 matches

Coventry 1-2

Sheffield Utd 0-3

Rotherham 1-2

Great form considering in January we didn't win all month.

Since then we've won 8 out of 16 drawing 5 times

Well done squad and SC to turn it around when many thought all hope had been lost

Let's move this on to next season!!

you're worng surley we were told by the experts that it will be hoofball and we were as good as down when "He" was appointed

you're worng surley we were told by the experts that it will be hoofball and we were as good as down when "He" was appointed

Some of the football hasn't been pretty but the majority has been quick attacking football. Great to watch. I have to admit I didn't want him in but I said I'd back him.

Proving a lot of people wrong atm and seems he's made for the club. Good recruitment as well

Was in the SOD camp myself, but I wouldn't say I was totally against Cotterill. If I'm honest I don't have half the lower league knowledge that some seem to have so didn't really have an opinion on SC.

Only been to a handful of games since he took over, highlights being Orient away and Peterborough away, and have been impressed with what I've seen.

If only we'd hit form a few games earlier, would have been nice to finish above Swindon!

Was in the SOD camp myself, but I wouldn't say I was totally against Cotterill. If I'm honest I don't have half the lower league knowledge that some seem to have so didn't really have an opinion on SC.

Only been to a handful of games since he took over, highlights being Orient away and Peterborough away, and have been impressed with what I've seen.

If only we'd hit form a few games earlier, would have been nice to finish above Swindon!

the two that resulted in shocking performances that I attended were Sheffield United and Notts County, after both games he came out and told us we didn;t deserve to win,

Thats what I like about him he tells it as it is and doesn't treat us like idiots unlike he who can't be named

Can't remember one person on here saying that we were going down under SC. Most of his detractors, myself included, thought he'd do a decent job short term and he was left a decent squad by SOD IMO.

Then add the luxury of being able to bring in Nosworthy, Paterson and Elliott from C'ship clubs and our recent form is hardly surprising.

SC insisted on playing Flint and El Bad together and we may still not have been safe yet had El Bad not got suspended and Flint injured.

The loss of those two forced SC to finally play Osborne/Williams in their best positions as CBs. He was then able to add the quality of Nuggsy due to Flint's injury.

That's not hindsight either, as you know I said all this at the time...

Can't remember one person on here saying that we were going down under SC. Most of his detractors, myself included, thought he'd do a decent job short term and he was left a decent squad by SOD IMO.

Then add the luxury of being able to bring in Nosworthy, Paterson and Elliott from C'ship clubs and our recent form is hardly surprising.

SC insisted on playing Flint and El Bad together and we may still not have been safe yet had El Bad not got suspended and Flint injured.

The loss of those two forced SC to finally play Osborne/Williams in their best positions as CBs. He was then able to add the quality of Nuggsy due to Flint's injury.

That's not hindsight either, as you know I said all this at the time...

SOD also had the chance (or luxury) of bringing in players on loan from championship clubs. Have people forgotten James O'Connor and Stephen McLaughlin? Simon Gillett also joined us on SOD's watch.

SOD also had the chance (or luxury) of bringing in players on loan from championship clubs. Have people forgotten James O'Connor and Stephen McLaughlin? Simon Gillett also joined us on SOD's watch.

James O Connor from Donny, not on a big wage. McLaughlin - youngster, not on a big wage.

And yes, SC also got to sign Osborne, El Bad permanently and renew Gillett's loan.

Sorry, but post Xmas there was a loosening of the purse strings. Departure of Kilkenny and impending departures of Fontaine and Marv helped I'm sure...

Then you have a very short (or selective) memory, Kid!

If I had the time to spare, I'd dig out some of the posts - not from you - but from a number of others. Sadly, I have work deadlines presently, but maybe someone else wants to do some digging.

But this debate has been done to death, so I'll restrict myself to that observation.

Its been a great run under sc.  We have improved as a team.  We look like we now know how to win games.  Rather than a group of headless chickens running around, heads full of information that is stopping the team for getting on with it.  For the first time in a few seasons I think I will be getting a season ticket next season.   

Our form improved dramatically after the inspirational team talk from Mark 'Divvy' Saunders.

Coincidence or did the players really take it on board what he said regarding them having a privileged lifestyle?.

This was a motivating factor of course, but it should not detract form the bigger picture that  it was Cotterill that gave us back our pride.

Its been a great run under sc.  We have improved as a team.  We look like we now know how to win games.  Rather than a group of headless chickens running around, heads full of information that is stopping the team for getting on with it.  For the first time in a few seasons I think I will be getting a season ticket next season.   

Send to the club for publicity material!

Something from Cotts I read when we beat notts county 2-1 was along the lines of ''good teams can win when they don't play well, maybe we've turned into a good team'' sums it up for me, cotts has come in and turned us into a good hardworking team who are tough to break down (excluding the Sheffield United game) which is vital for this league.

Well done Stevie Cotterill!

Yep I am one of the experts.

We as fans all have an opinion, and usually half of us are wrong at times.

I was wrong, but gladly in these circumstances.

I thought the club acted very patiently with sod, and although at the time of his sacking I vehemently disagreed, in hindsight i wonder if we were too patient.

Another month of sc might have seen us mount a serious playoff charge... Oh well we can't always be right.

On the other hand, you could still argue that SOD might've actually turned it around much quicker had he stayed. Very much doubt it though.

But further up the thread you said the purse strings were only loosened after Christmas...

This. 

Also I'm sure Shorey was on a nice sum as when he came he said something along the lines of he wanted to stay in the London area but no one there would pay his wages.

In end nov we had win 2 games of 19. Result SOD had to go. First interwiev vith SC gut a good impresion on me. Hes got karma. People says he has funny dialect or not intelligence, I dont care. He made with the team a very good job sins he came. Imo SC can his fotball. After the defeat in Sheffield he said without commitment you cant win a game. Our form have been super the lasth month. Good signigs , defence in order and Sammy scoring. A few month ago people were complaining about Sammy, never mind. He is a human and a goalscorer. Hope we can keep our best players next season, then I think we can get promoted. Score we know how to do and when mf and def is in balance Im optimistc. COYR.

Not forgetting Lewis Dunk.

Osbourne initially joined under SoD as well. 5 players from the Championship, hardly had his hands tied, did he?

Not forgetting Lewis Dunk.

Osbourne initially joined under SoD as well. 5 players from the Championship, hardly had his hands tied, did he?

Another young un 21...wasn't on much. Of course SODs hands weren't tied but SC has brought in experienced players on sizable wages...that just wasn't the case with SOD IMO.

Another young un 21...wasn't on much. Of course SODs hands weren't tied but SC has brought in experienced players on sizable wages...that just wasn't the case with SOD IMO.

Can you share with me the website that prints everybody's wages please?

Is that because SOD himself took these "pillars" too literally or because the Board wouldn't sanction the signing of players like Elliott who would have kept him in a job most likely?

Archived