IGNORED

3 Losses In 3 Months

Can you share with me the website that prints everybody's wages please?

No.

Is that because SOD himself took these "pillars" too literally or because the Board wouldn't sanction the signing of players like Elliott who would have kept him in a job most likely?

Sam Baldock presser from the other day "SOD was a great manager who would've built a successful club given time". Key word BUILT.

No.

Sam Baldock presser from the other day "SOD was a great manager who would've built a successful club given time". Key word BUILT.

Like David Moyes his time ran out because he wasn't good enough couldn't motivate the entire team and was tactiaclly inept,

No amount of dressing up twisting facts or changing history will change this,

History will record SoD tenure as manager as the worst the club ever had even worse then pulis was

No.

Maybe, we'll never know. But surely when you were in our position at the time he was Manager you have to mix up the long and short term. A bit of short term thinking would surely have given him the breathing space to build the club he wanted to? If we had bumbled along between 12-16th place all season he would still have a job whilst putting his building blocks in place.

Maybe, we'll never know. But surely when you were in our position at the time he was Manager you have to mix up the long and short term. A bit of short term thinking would surely have given him the breathing space to build the club he wanted to? If we had bumbled along between 12-16th place all season he would still have a job whilst putting his building blocks in place.

And that's what a MANAGER should have done. IMO O'Driscoll was a good coach but a poor manager. Unfortunately, he served under the Invisible Man - Bert somebody or other?

How come if GOD SOD was the best coach in our history, But the board were to blame for his short comings. Why is it Cotterill has managed to succeed with the same board, when the usual suspects on here were claiming a few weeks back that Cotterill had fallen out with Landsdown? Or is that conspiracy being brushed over now? as it doesn't fit.

Like David Moyes his time ran out because he wasn't good enough couldn't motivate the entire team and was tactiaclly inept,

No amount of dressing up twisting facts or changing history will change this,

History will record SoD tenure as manager as the worst the club ever had even worse then pulis was

Statistically, looking at results, SOD was the worst City manager of all time, that is FACT.

I believe he would have taken us down again, that is only theory though.

Regardless SC has done a great job and results since he joined have been promotion form.

I'll be honest, I'm not one for studying Opta stats etc, but what I do know is the entertainment since SC has taken over has been way better than anything under the SOD tenure, to the point where I have already renewed my season ticket for next season. Last year I was still undecided in July! Under SOD we played the most boring dross I have seen in 21 years of supporting City.

Statistically, looking at results, SOD was the worst City manager of all time, that is FACT.

I believe he would have taken us down again, that is only theory though.

Regardless SC has done a great job and results since he joined have been promotion form.

Well, he might have been "the worst City manager of all time", had he been manager. In fact, he was Head Coach, and the nearest thing we had to a manager was Bert the Invisible Man.

Precisely this, one of the wisest things SC said when he first walked through the door was 'If you've not got a short term plan you don't get to have a long term'

Can't remember one person on here saying that we were going down under SC. Most of his detractors, myself included, thought he'd do a decent job short term and he was left a decent squad by SOD IMO.

Then add the luxury of being able to bring in Nosworthy, Paterson and Elliott from C'ship clubs and our recent form is hardly surprising.

SC insisted on playing Flint and El Bad together and we may still not have been safe yet had El Bad not got suspended and Flint injured.

The loss of those two forced SC to finally play Osborne/Williams in their best positions as CBs. He was then able to add the quality of Nuggsy due to Flint's injury.

That's not hindsight either, as you know I said all this at the time...

KITR, as i remember it was you who gave SC the most & the worst stick on this forum, thought at the time you were way over the top with your abuse, just out of interest, who would of been your choice as manager, give us a laugh 

It wasn't just the lack of wins under SOD, never in 25+ years have I felt so depressed about everything around the club (maybe bar the Pluis era) He spread a negativity that got everyone and thing. SCs maybe an over talker but he's enthusiastic, chirpy and generally lifted the club in it's entirety and I'm sure most are looking forward to next season now.

We needed a little boost after relegation not a season of slow rebuilding. None of us would of thought it would take 14 odd games to get a win!!

It didn't work out with SOD and we needed a manager to keep us up and change the ethos that had been at the club for ages. I started going to the gate thinking a draw would be a good result. Now I think we can take the game to anyone.

So much more entertaining giving the players freedom to get the ball forward and create chances. Football is an easy game really ;)

6 points and 9th place would be lovely now. Move into next season on a massive high with a few quality additions to bolster the squad

For me, the most significant contribution to our recent results has been the massive improvement in our defence and for that I give great credit to loan signing Nosworthy and Karleigh Osbourne who seem to have formed a great understanding between them in the heart of our defence.

During the first half of this season we were leaking goals for fun. That is now history.

Also, we should give credit to Williams and Cunningham and Moloney - all of whom have played well in games over the past two great months.

Nosworthy is out of contract at Watford at the end of this season.

IMO - we MUST try to sign him. He has been fantastic for us.

Along with Wade Elliot - he may be getting on a bit, but he is a superb midfield playmaker (I have lost count of his goal assists this season, never mind his own strikes) and if you think he is past it, turn your mind to Ryan Giggs who (as you know) was still playing regularly for Man U into his late 30's

Luv the way some people don't like admitting how bad O'DISMALL was even with the facts they still try turning it round to make it look like it wasn't his fault, I've always rated him as a half decent coach but the results don't lie & saying he dint have the same chance he did but didn't execute it in the right way like Cotterill has managed.

BIG WELL DONE FOR Stevey Cotterill he got the team playing with at least some fight which has resulted in them getting results & the confidence that goes with it O'Dismall had enough time blew it get over it people he deserved the sack straight simple end of!!!

No denying we got a lift with a new manager.. Tends to happen at every club with virtually any manager. I did not like what I read about SC's long ball tactics but from what I have extensively heard since his arrival broadly refutes that.

What has been undeniably impressive are the results since the end of February, particularly. I don't think it is either productive nor beneficial to ask if SOD would have been able to claw us away from the basement like Cotts has. We will never know.

All I know is he appeared to be turning a corner, the board panicked, I disagreed with the sacking and we have pulled well clear under a manager I said, in spite of misgivings, I would back from day one.

Bravo to Cotts and the team. I hope the board do it differently next time however and avoid the wrath from the fans which, in part, was justified.

For **** sake, City finally look like they have turned a corner after 3-4 years of shite and you lot STILL try and find something to moan about!! O'Driscoll this, Cotterill that, its all nonsense, what matters is that we are going in the right direction so just stop all of this bickering and focus on getting behind the club and players!

All he and the squad need to do is find 25 more points from somewhere and we'll be Autos/Play Offs. Considering we could of easily done that earlier in the season if luck went our way a bit next season is looking very promising. A good start and I feel we'll get play offs at least.

saying that I wouldn't be disappointed with a top 10 finish

First 11 league games only 6 points

Last 11 league games  24 points.

That's a major difference, the last 11 games starting March 1st.

I am on record as forecasting a 20th or worse league position way back in early August. In November that was a safe bet, where we are today is a major achievement   Well done to our team and manager.

I am on record as forecasting a 20th or worse league position way back in early August. In November that was a safe bet, where we are today is a major achievement   Well done to our team and manager.

if we'd of picked up 24 points in the first 11 then we'd still be unhappy at not being in the play-offs :)

No denying we got a lift with a new manager.. Tends to happen at every club with virtually any manager. I did not like what I read about SC's long ball tactics but from what I have extensively heard since his arrival broadly refutes that.

What has been undeniably impressive are the results since the end of February, particularly. I don't think it is either productive nor beneficial to ask if SOD would have been able to claw us away from the basement like Cotts has. We will never know.

All I know is he appeared to be turning a corner, the board panicked, I disagreed with the sacking and we have pulled well clear under a manager I said, in spite of misgivings, I would back from day one.

Bravo to Cotts and the team. I hope the board do it differently next time however and avoid the wrath from the fans which, in part, was justified.

There you go old bean, a life lesson, don't believe everything you read.

if we'd of picked up 24 points in the first 11 then we'd still be unhappy at not being in the play-offs :)

Our form post Christmas, even accounting for those not so great results, is very good, and if that is what we can look forward to next year, we certainly will have a much mire positive campaign.  Cotterill has done a very good job turning us around.

Archived