IGNORED

The Pack Man

Major Isewater

When he plays he is an integral part of our game and if he has an off day the whole team is affected. Likewise when he plays well so does the team. There's no coincidence that his upturn in form has come at the same time as our form in general.

People have to remember he's still quite young and is learning at this level for the first season. He's going to make mistakes otherwise he'd be in the championship already. He's going to try risky passes as you need to make those passes to break through. If he doesn't try then we'd just knock it about going nowhere. Sound familiar?

In my opinion, Pack was the best player at Walsall away and he is the only person who can play a long pass as he does and execute it with such quality. I've noticed Steve Coterill has installed a new "tactic" or even outlet if you wish, with the diagonal ball to the wingers to initiate an attack. Personally think this has been one of the reasons why we have looked good on the counter. The question is, if Coterill thinks this could be an outlet that will continue to serve us well in the future even if we aren't playing at our best as a team. The teams playing with a lot more confidence and belief at the minute but if that is lost in the future and confidence starts to turn, will people still give Pack credit for trying to execute that long field diagonal switch when it might look more as hoof ball. On the other hand, the other team I noticed who played the diagonal switch ball extremely effective was Southampton when we played them in the championship and that obviously didn't serve them to badly! Obviously tactics change due to personnel and I think other out goings in the transfer market may be the decided if Pack is wanted to fulfil Steve Coterill's tactics.

I also thought he was excellent against Walsall and was my mom, personally I feel he has done ok overall this season but maybe not making the impact that I thought he would, I think on a negative he can slow the game down a little when there is a quick pass on but he will look to ping a long ball and in the end hold on to long waiting for that pass. Over the season I would give him. 6.5 /7 out of ten. And hope he pushes on next season

Can spread the ball 40/50 yards with ease, breaks up play well, good in the air. Apparently not good enough for some! Will have another Cole Skuse situation - will go to a higher placed side and flourish when he's a victim of criticism here

Skuse couldn't spray 40-50 yard passes about

Great long ball merchant but suspect in the short passing game. Not quick enough when passing the ball around in small space meaning he has lost possession lots of times. Don't get me wrong, bit of space and he's quality but he needs to work on his speed of distribution over 10 yards as well as accuracy.

To me he looked like a player burdened by his reputation and popularity at Cheltenham - he has grown into the team since Cotterill has taken over and the long range passes are something of a marvel.

Hoofball would be aimless punts up the pitch for players to chase, knock down and generally cause trouble in dangerous areas. You cannot say that Pack's direct passes to team mates constitute hoofball!

I think he'll only improve next season and has spent this year trying not to make mistakes - you heard after games earlier in the season he gave the ball away a limited number of times and SOD defended him because he was so disappointed they lead to chances/goals. Now he's started to loosen up a little and trust his passing ability, he's having more influence on the game.

Would be nice if he chipped in with a goal though!

I also thought he was excellent against Walsall and was my mom, personally I feel he has done ok overall this season but maybe not making the impact that I thought he would, I think on a negative he can slow the game down a little when there is a quick pass on but he will look to ping a long ball and in the end hold on to long waiting for that pass. Over the season I would give him. 6.5 /7 out of ten. And hope he pushes on next season

Pack was immense against Walsall, as he was when we hammered Port Vale.

pack is vastly overated here,

Yes his long passing is decent but his problem is he's too sloppy he give the ball away in dangerous areas leaving the defense exposed (did it about 5 times against county)

He isn't a great tackle ether,

He IS impoving but he need to cut that sloppyness out of his game st the moment with elliot and gillet I can see pack missing out

pack is vastly overated here,

Yes his long passing is decent but his problem is he's too sloppy he give the ball away in dangerous areas leaving the defense exposed (did it about 5 times against county)

He isn't a great tackle ether,

He IS impoving but he need to cut that sloppyness out of his game st the moment with elliot and gillet I can see pack missing out

This.

He had me screaming internally against Notts County. Not sure DMF is his best role to be honest, and perhaps he'd be of more use further up the pitch. 

This.

He had me screaming internally against Notts County. Not sure DMF is his best role to be honest, and perhaps he'd be of more use further up the pitch. 

I don;t think DMF is his role ether, I don't think he was utilised in that way at cheltenham,

May be in the hole behind the front two could be a postion for him but I have little to back that up,

Those comparing him to skuse are wrong, Pack is a better midfielder then skuse, skuse could play anywhere but didn't really excel in any postion (always thought right back was his strongest),

Pack would benifit from a big unit in midfield to do the donkey work (tracking back tackling) and he could be used to roam forward,

I stand by what I said I think Elliot and Gillet are a much better midfield pairing both complment each other well, the midfield we had out against Notts lacked bite,

while pack had a poor game (imo) Id on;t think that was his fault I think it was JeTs who just wasn't at the races that day at all,

Like I said he is improving and if he continues to improve he may well cause a selection headache next season which would be nice

I don;t think DMF is his role ether, I don't think he was utilised in that way at cheltenham,

May be in the hole behind the front two could be a postion for him but I have little to back that up,

Those comparing him to skuse are wrong, Pack is a better midfielder then skuse, skuse could play anywhere but didn't really excel in any postion (always thought right back was his strongest),

Pack would benifit from a big unit in midfield to do the donkey work (tracking back tackling) and he could be used to roam forward,

I stand by what I said I think Elliot and Gillet are a much better midfield pairing both complment each other well, the midfield we had out against Notts lacked bite,

while pack had a poor game (imo) Id on;t think that was his fault I think it was JeTs who just wasn't at the races that day at all,

Like I said he is improving and if he continues to improve he may well cause a selection headache next season which would be nice

Have to agree here. Gillett is stronger defensively - despite being knee-high to a grasshopper's fart! - than Pack. 

I like Marlon, but he can be quite inconsistent. I prefer it when he sits bang in the middle of midfield and fulfills that Paul Hartley role.

Pack has certainly looked more comfortable since Elliott has been here, but for me, he still does not actually do enough and make enough of an impact on games, considering the obvious talents that he does have.

How many assists has he actually got,,? How many goals,,? 1...?

I would like to see more impact on games from him.

Pack has certainly looked more comfortable since Elliott has been here, but for me, he still does not actually do enough and make enough of an impact on games, considering the obvious talents that he does have.

How many assists has he actually got,,? How many goals,,? 1...?

I would like to see more impact on games from him.

he's not going to get many in the role he's being asked to play to be fair to him,

True, BUT even allowing for that, his goals and assist return is lower than one might expect from a player with his ability.

he's had 3 assists 0 goals in 50 appearances so you are probbliy correct he's not adding enough to the team,

compare that to elliot (Marvin) who in 30 appearance has has 1 assist and 6 goals to his name who has been playing a similar postion to pack you could say he should be adding more,

No pleasing some people.

"he doesn't make enough of an impact" alot of people say, what do you expect him to do? He does what he is instructed to do and that's that. Yes he lacks a little pace but he does alot of work that goes unnoticed clearly. If he was providing XX amount of assists and more goals along with the shift work he does he simply wouldn't be playing for us 

Archived