IGNORED

Pearson -Deal Or No Deal ?

Major Isewater

Pearson says he'd like to stay at City.

For me he has shown some quality but with his injuries he has n't quite had a really solid season .

I like the guy but i think we can do better ,for me it's

No Deal.

Sorry ,best of luck Stephen.

No deal,

He's picking up injurys quite often now, while he's decent enough and more then capable at this level, I feel we may get better value for money elseware,

I'd offer a contract to Elliot (Wade) and get Joe Morrell to be his understudy,

Thank Pearson you aren't as bad as people made out on here but its a no from me

Not for me. I actually quite like Pearson and reckon he could play this league blindfolded, but at nearly 32 and with a nasty injury just behind him, I'd rather we let him go.

He's bound to be on a good screw as well so the wages he'd free up would allow us more wiggle room in the transfer market.

Besides Luke Freeman will keep him out of the side :thumbsup:

If he'd be happy staying, and the finances were reasonable, I see no reason why he would be a player we'd consider keeping.

Can play central or wide, and chips in with a goal or two here or there.

Clearly, he's not a long term option, but reliable left footed midfield options aren't easy to find, and at least we know what we're getting with him.

Also, same argument RE being one injury away from the end of his career goes two fold for Elliott, and we all seem keen on him.

All about wage really. Happy enough to have him here for another season, but would need to be on average L1 wages, otherwise i'd rather bigger money went elsewhere.

This is the trick; if he's happy enough to stay on a wage that fits Cotterill's plan for the squad, then great.

If he would cost us more than a potential replacement, then I'm sure we'll see him leave.

But I reckon he's a smart enough chap to know that he's probably not in the best negotiating position in what is a buyers market, and might see sticking on less money rather than twisting and the risks that entails as a good option.

He'd be a useful asset for us at this level, and his versatility is also a plus.

• Admin

Personally I would like to see him offered another year, as he is a valuable squad player.

Always one of the better performers and with his experience around the place will be an asset to the squad

32 is no big deal for the age of a pro footballer, for me the only issue is him staying available

This is the trick; if he's happy enough to stay on a wage that fits Cotterill's plan for the squad, then great.

If he would cost us more than a potential replacement, then I'm sure we'll see him leave.

But I reckon he's a smart enough chap to know that he's probably not in the best negotiating position in what is a buyers market, and might see sticking on less money rather than twisting and the risks that entails as a good option.

He'd be a useful asset for us at this level, and his versatility is also a plus.

Exactly right. We have hardly seen him in League 1 but have seen enough League 1 players to know he certainly wouldn't be the worst player out there. League 1 wages for what he is, a league 1 player would be right.

The club had to honour his contract whilst he was injured, all that money will be wasted if we don't use him now. I can see him signing for a rival and having a great season. Obviously it would have to be a heavily weighted contract towards appearances etc.

Although my first reaction was to release him I'm not so sure. Also it's very hard to judge players sometimes on just what we see on the pitch, I'm not saying keep someone just because they are great in the dressing room but don't underestimate the importance either

Unlikely Elliott if signed will last 90 mins week in and week out, and Pearson is settled and has been playing well, small basic wage, with appearance bonus won't do any harm. He is a good player at this level and better to have two clubs in the bag that pinning all your hopes on one.

He would undoubtedly get a lot of offers at this level and would rather him playing for us rather than against us.

Deal for me.

At this level he looks a very good player and providing there's no underlying long term fitness issue likely to make him frequently unavailable then he's worth a reduced deal.

The other key thing for me is whether SC has seen enough of him to consider him a likely first choice for next season - keeping him with the intention of just using him as a filler -in for younger, similar, left sided players wouldn't work for either party imo.

All about wage really. Happy enough to have him here for another season, but would need to be on average L1 wages, otherwise i'd rather bigger money went elsewhere.

Spot on. No point keeping SP if he ties up a huge amount of our wage bill.

By signing overrated mediocre players like Pearson and not doing our hard work and scouting out younger developing talent enough I.e. Adomah?

I've said no deal, but signing good young players cost alot of money (look at maynard for example)

We haven't got endless resources and need to live with in our means, Central midfield is not a prioity at the club at the moment,

I can see both side of the arguement but throwing money at unproven players isn't the answer,

Remember we signed a promising central midfield from arsenal (which would of cost us a fee due to his age) and look how he's turned out,

Not for me.

Solid player but his body is breaking down and we should shake hands and move on. Every year we talk about getting rid of deadwood and starting again. But as soon as that deadwood plays well because it's contract is nearly up we backtrack and say "oh go on, another year or two won't hurt".

I have no doubt Pearson could do a good job at this level if he stays fit, but let him do it somewhere else.

Archived