IGNORED

Redevelopment

AlwaysARed

Anyone know why City are so reluctant to release a half decent image of 'inside' the redeveloped Ashton Gate? Its starting to bug me and I just can't believe that work is starting in a month or so and we still haven't had any real insight into how the end development will look?

If there are any out there, and I have been asleep for the past year, then i aoplogize in adance.

From Jon Lansdown;

Work is set to commence at Ashton Gate, at the end of this month, to begin the process of delivering fantastic new facilities. Some preparatory work has already begun. With a new pitch, and construction work commencing on the Wedlock Stand, there will be plenty going on over this summer. It is an exciting time to be finally commencing a stadium build but it won't come without its challenges. Bristol Sport have been keeping news on the Ashton Gate redevelopment low key after what happened at Ashton Vale but now the work is beginning, you will get to see what an exciting project this is. It is not a revamp but the construction of a very impressive new stadium for the start of the 2016/17 season. I look forward to sharing images with you of the new stadium over the coming months as we build for the future. 

Fair enough. Hopefully these images come sooner rather than later.

• Admin

I'm guessing they want to leave it til everything is finalised, instead of releasing renders of every revision of the plans

Very true, but SURELY they must have finalised plans by now?

Otherwise how would they know what materials to order etc?

Oh well - guess we will be put out of our misery soon

I'm not sure why there is such a delay, I can only assume there are a whole lot of changes going on which precludes any definitive images being released. 

Maybe, I suppose we'll never know, but it does seem pretty slow for a Redevelopment of any kind to be honest, especially a Football Stadium where fan input has been stated as an important factor in the end result of the project. I guess we just need to try and remain patient.

Out of interest - Where are the directors going to sit when the Williams is being rebuilt?

When City played Newcastle a few years ago and the match was televised, sky put up a pagoda thingy by the Atyeo for the presenters. Perhaps City could lash out and buy a couple of similar tents for the directors.

From Jon Lansdown;

Work is set to commence at Ashton Gate, at the end of this month, to begin the process of delivering fantastic new facilities. Some preparatory work has already begun. With a new pitch, and construction work commencing on the Wedlock Stand, there will be plenty going on over this summer. It is an exciting time to be finally commencing a stadium build but it won't come without its challenges. Bristol Sport have been keeping news on the Ashton Gate redevelopment low key after what happened at Ashton Vale but now the work is beginning, you will get to see what an exciting project this is. It is not a revamp but the construction of a very impressive new stadium for the start of the 2016/17 season. I look forward to sharing images with you of the new stadium over the coming months as we build for the future. 

They are concerned that if they show images of the multi tear 40.000 seater stand some neighbour may object and start a group up ;)

Dont get me started on this topic again!

I too find it unbelievably poor form by the club despite their 'we had to wait for this or that' excuses. Sorry, they just dont wash with me. There is no excuse now, unless it is that they have a nice surprise up their sleeve. The EE will be torn down in a couple of weeks, yet they still haven't shown us properly what it will be replaced with!

There will be 3 screens in the stadium according to the planning docs. You can see two of them on the above image in each corner (black rectangle), and also one attached to the leading edge of the atyeo roof.

Dont get me started on this topic again!

I too find it unbelievably poor form by the club despite their 'we had to wait for this or that' excuses. Sorry, they just dont wash with me. There is no excuse now, unless it is that they have a nice surprise up their sleeve. The EE will be torn down in a couple of weeks, yet they still haven't shown us properly what it will be replaced with!

There will be 3 screens in the stadium according to the planning docs. You can see two of them on the above image in each corner (black rectangle), and also one attached to the leading edge of the atyeo roof.

If you're that bothered why don't you look at all the planning documents on the bristol city council website? This provides lots of information and as they are the documnets that were approved, the actual build won't be too different from them at all.

If you're that bothered why don't you look at all the planning documents on the bristol city council website? This provides lots of information and as they are the documnets that were approved, the actual build won't be too different from them at all.

I think the issue there is that the planning documents are exactly that. There's lots of technical stuff, lots of external views and side elevations but they aren't artists impressions of what the internals of the stadium will actually look like. I'm sure this sort of thing will come along, but I'm in agreement with Manon that we really should have seen it by now.

Because Jon Lansdown promised something different to "If you're that bothered why don't you look at all the planning documents on the bristol city council website?"

Another chalk mark on the City fib list.

I have and at great length. The thing is, you can study a million of those planning docs, and despite almost knowing the entire build down to the nuts and bolts level...you still can't beat a good old set of detailed high resolution renders (and I should add here that even the sag lot have had that).

I seriously cannot recall one single other club over the past decade starting a major stadium redevelopment without releasing and/or presenting accurate imagery beforehand. It just doesn't happen. Well apart from at Bcfc it seems, anyway.

Those images we saw before the revisions weren't of the calibre that we should expect either. They were basic low res.

Oh well. Hey ho.

I think the issue there is that the planning documents are exactly that. There's lots of technical stuff, lots of external views and side elevations but they aren't artists impressions of what the internals of the stadium will actually look like. I'm sure this sort of thing will come along, but I'm in agreement with Manon that we really should have seen it by now.

the club will be in possession of internal stadium views now-and will have/should have been for some time.they must have their reasoning for not making these available....make of that what you will.

Archived