IGNORED

City Fans In Sydney!

hippy273

Got back from Australia on Thursday morning after a 3 month tour up the west coast, and worked on a 2 week school soccer camp in Perth with some under 9's (with a scouser and a cockney :laugh:) The best ending coming home was last Monday when an expat Bristolian walking down the street with this last seasons shirt on. I crossed the street & said "Don't see many city shirts in these parts", turns out he had been living in Sydney for 14 years.

Never did i expect such a thing thousands of miles away from home :)

Got back from Australia on Thursday morning after a 3 month tour up the west coast, and worked on a 2 week school soccer camp in Perth with some under 9's (with a scouser and a cockney :laugh:) The best ending coming home was last Monday when an expat Bristolian walking down the street with this last seasons shirt on. I crossed the street & said "Don't see many city shirts in these parts", turns out he had been living in Sydney for 14 years.

There's quite a few in Sydney believe, same for Melbourne and Brisbane.

Where did you go in WA?

There's quite a few in Sydney believe, same for Melbourne and Brisbane.

Where did you go in WA?

Flew to Perth, then down to Albany, Margaret River, Dunsborough, Busselton, Exmouth, Broome & Kununurra. Saw some of the national parks too bar Karijini.

Just arrived in Sydney last Saturday...looks like I will be here for the foreseeable future, first season without a season ticket for years..

I'm going back in September to Queensland and up the east coast. Might do some work along with way and head to New Zealand for a month. I'll watch some A' League while i'm out there i think, the season finished when i got over there the last time :(

Flew to Perth, then down to Albany, Margaret River, Dunsborough, Busselton, Exmouth, Broome & Kununurra. Saw some of the national parks too bar Karijini.

I'm going back in September to Queensland and up the east coast. Might do some work along with way and head to New Zealand for a month. I'll watch some A' League while i'm out there i think, the season finished when i got over there the last time :(

Love Albany, some of the best beaches in the world.

And there was me thinking it was exciting seeing a City shirt in Aylesbury!

Nice. Just wondered as West Coast is definitely my favourite part, especially SW. I live in Dunsborough. Sounds like a great experience.

Amazing to realize there are City fans all over the world. Had drinks with North London Red in downtown Chicago a couple of weeks ago, before his departure to the World Cup! Bless him. Fingers crossed we can do something on Thursday and against Costa Rica!

Get yourself down Western Sydney Wanderers when the season starts back up again. Best fans in the country (and not a bad team either)

Will check them out in October, I see they play in Paramatta just round the corner for me. Cheers

I was in Sydney early in 2009 and out having a drink one night, when I glanced up to look at the tele Gary Johnson was on there, turned out to be highlites of the Southampton game when Ivan scored that goal.

I go to Oz almost every 12 months at the moment, mostly WA but sometimes Sydney too, usually don my city shirt at least once!

WA is a lovely part of Oz. I stayed in Yanchep for a while, beautiful beaches there.

I lived and worked in NZ 20+ years ago.

One day our manager was giving a manager of a different company a tour around our site.

He came up to introduce him to me, he was only wearing a Bristol City tie :) with the Robin on it!!

We then proceeded to have a 20 minute chat about all things City,not sure if my Kiwi boss was that impressed though!

Will check them out in October, I see they play in Paramatta just round the corner for me. Cheers

Good to hear! Get tickets for the Red and Black Block if you want to sit with the noisy boys, Red if you want a decent seat, White if you're taking the family, or Black if you don't mind getting wet if it rains. I'm a season ticket holder there (one of about 16,500) and have worn a City shirt on a few occasions. Anything red, white and black goes.

I lived and worked in NZ 20+ years ago.

One day our manager was giving a manager of a different company a tour around our site.

He came up to introduce him to me, he was wearing a Bristol City tie :) with the Robin on it!!

We then proceeded to have a 20 minute chat about all things City,not sure if my Kiwi boss was that impressed though!

My local started selling that a couple of months ago and in the excitement I forgot the power of the Jedi juice. Ended up getting good natured lift home from the local constabulary.

It's amazing how cider drinking has become popular around here over the past two years or so.

Who said Australia is uncultured ?

Get yourself down Western Sydney Wanderers when the season starts back up again. Best fans in the country (and not a bad team either)

Agreed, most 'A' League level is compared to our conference but Western Sydney Wanderers & Brisbane Roar are in a class above the rest.

Archived